Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous gurus come inside please

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srsnow
It isn't really a venturi effect. A venturi is designed to nearly eliminate boundary layer separation unlike a regular orifice. While Bernoulli's principle still applies to both the venturi has less pressure drop than a normal orifice.
Granted, the venturi effect reall only speeds things up (velocity). I wonder why a real venturi is not used in jets, any insight?
Yes bottle pressure will effect the inlet and the outlet pressures but regardless of incoming pressure the larger orifice will still have less of an a to b change. Now the only thing that might screw it up is bottle pressures above 1050 which is where nitrous turns to a gas and loses a lot of density. At 945psi it is 5.44 lb/gal and at 1040 it is 3.78 lb/gal. That is a change of 1.66 lb/gal before that pressure it can range between .30 and .54 lb/gal per 100 psi increase. That much of a density change may have a larger affect. As up to that point the density vs. pressure was much more linear.
Yes, I have found this out the hard way by running at 1150psi, but will be going back to a lower pressure. My goal was running faster with smaller jets on a dry shot, and did ultimately give me my quikest time to date.

Yes you are increasing the volume through the jet by increasing the pressure to it.
Yep, that what I tried/did in above response.

The NOS solenoid you are referring to is the 16010 Super Big Shot. It was a 30amp coil and a .156" orifice. But it was never something that got put into kits and was only really recommended in certain situations. In classes where you were restricted to a certain jet size or to only one nitrous and fuel solenoid.
Yes that's the one. It was capable of flowing over 600hp of nitrous.

And I agree with what was said a few posts up about too much thought being put into a dry kit. Just use a normal solenoid and a mechanical opener. You have to put the bottle somewhere and where ever that is probably has room for an opener on the bottle.
God I love the dry hits. Eventhough mine is very complicated.
Robert
Old 06-26-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So why does anyone even need a Remote opener of any kind

Sorry just ahd to be said
Old 06-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would guess the main reason jets aren't done as a venturi is cost of manufacturing. The cost would go up quite a bit. NOS used to have 4AN jets they would send out as a blank jet so guys could massage them. They would go in and make a venturi out of them and then drill what ever size hole they were restricted to in their class. But if you did do it this way the flow of the venturi style jet would be more than a normal jet of the same size. So you would need to re flow the system to get the proper amount of fuel
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya at least let the people know ur spraying.

Quick Reply: Nitrous gurus come inside please