Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

next racing - nitrous update

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think a load dyno like a Mustang would help?

So your leaving the 1st stage a plate kit and changing the second to a DP?

Good luck with it!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:31 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Do you think a load dyno like a Mustang would help?

So your leaving the 1st stage a plate kit and changing the second to a DP?

Good luck with it!
dyno's are gay, just run it and see what it runs. thats my opinion. whoopie do, you make 10,000 rwhp, but you cant get it down the track. gay.

i have not dynoed on spray in a long *** time
Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Wayne,

The first stage will be the custom spray bars that Ricky developed and the second stage will be an NX DP. And for anyone interested, there will be a baddass NX plate available soon.

Brad - most race folks aren't looking for #'s on a dyno... it's a tuning tool. My own goal was to make sure that both kits together weren't going to cause a lean condition. Well, it definitely caused a condition - air conditioned heads
Old 06-20-2006, 03:33 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by next
Wayne,

Brad - most race folks aren't looking for #'s on a dyno... it's a tuning tool. My own goal was to make sure that both kits together weren't going to cause a lean condition. Well, it definitely caused a condition - air conditioned heads
i hear you, im not one for the dyno except to get air fuel.

it would have been funner to test out the 2 stages and blow it up on your way to an 8 second pass. lol
i hate the dyno, i wont even drive on it. lol
good luck man, im hoping to get to east side this weekend maybe i will fill your frame with rocks to get the race weight up so i have a better chance. lol
Old 06-20-2006, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

NEXT-What do you think about your Victor intake? I have been looking at one for a 346 cu.in motor. I havent heard of too many people using them on a nitrous motor,just FI.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Dude, that sucks, but i'm very happy to see the car is at Eastside, that bitch will run when she comes back!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

You were only making 400whp out of a 10.5:1 408 on motor? Or did I miss something?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hocky
You were only making 400whp out of a 10.5:1 408 on motor? Or did I miss something?
A motor set up for the 450 shot wont make alot of HP N/A.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Those numbers are crazy for just a single shot. Not trying to knock on you, but what did you expect to happen with a 450+ shot. That's the biggest shot I've ever heard someone try to run on a gen III. I guess you gotta push the limits sometimes, but this time it came back to bite you. Hopefully it's an easy fix and you can hit the track again soon enough. Good luck with the repairs.
Originally Posted by next
Beaflag - make up your mind. The smart *** comments followed by the good luck just doesn't go together. I'll just take the good luck.
I wasn't trying to be a smart *** or anything like that so I don't appreciate at all being called one. If anything I could call you a dumbass for trying to hit you motor with a 425+ shot and damaging it (SUPRISE). I was just wondering why you tried to push a 450+ shot of nitrous through your motor. I haven't heard of anyone ever doing this on a Gen III. These motors have been out for a while, you think someone would have done this already if it was possible.

I really do wish you good luck. I don't like to hear of anyone destroying their motors which is basically destroying $$$ that I'm sure you worked hard to earn. I do give you major kudos for trying to push the envelope, but sometimes you got to use some sense and you learned that the hard way. I hope you get it back together soon enough and are able to get out there and enjoy racing your car. If you can get that thing to take a 425+ shot without damage I'll be the first on here to congratulate you, not to mention you'll probably hit 8s.

Good Luck.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
dyno's are gay, just run it and see what it runs. thats my opinion. whoopie do, you make 10,000 rwhp, but you cant get it down the track. gay.

Like Next said, I use it for tuning I could careless what the number is.

I'd rather blow it up on the dyno then at 140 mph.

Next: you have a PM
Old 06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I wasn't trying to be a smart *** or anything like that so I don't appreciate at all being called one. If anything I could call you a dumbass for trying to hit you motor with a 425+ shot and damaging it (SUPRISE). I was just wondering why you tried to push a 450+ shot of nitrous through your motor. I haven't heard of anyone ever doing this on a Gen III. These motors have been out for a while, you think someone would have done this already if it was possible.

I really do wish you good luck. I don't like to hear of anyone destroying their motors which is basically destroying $$$ that I'm sure you worked hard to earn. I do give you major kudos for trying to push the envelope, but sometimes you got to use some sense and you learned that the hard way. I hope you get it back together soon enough and are able to get out there and enjoy racing your car. If you can get that thing to take a 425+ shot without damage I'll be the first on here to congratulate you, not to mention you'll probably hit 8s.

Good Luck.
How do you know it hasnt been done? because noone on LS1tech has posted it.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee

sounds to me like you have some homophobic with the dyno noyzee, I'd rather use the dyno as a tuning tool and catch a problem early then to be letting my motor eat itself at 140 mph going down the track.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eric:The Heads / Block / pistons and rods are all at the machine shop...She is coming right along...Don't worry it won't be too long. The Front brakes are also on. I will talk to ya soon about what's next (Next) Talk to ya Lat'r MAN
Old 06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by choppin-suey
sounds to me like you have some homophobic with the dyno noyzee, I'd rather use the dyno as a tuning tool and catch a problem early then to be letting my motor eat itself at 140 mph going down the track.
Dude, he said he uses it for a tuning tool, I totally agree with that, I put the car on the dyno to try and tune it in, but ever since I tried hittin both stages on it to check the a/f and took out 2nd gear in my trans, I won't ever put the car on a dyno again, i'm gonna get my own wideband, and like he said, dyno numbers mean dick if you can't get the car down the track.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:03 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you know it hasnt been done? because noone on LS1tech has posted it.
I'd gladly eat my words if you can give me an example of a Gen III taking a 425+ shot of nitrous and surviving. I'm not talking about some dyno BS either, supra owners do that sort of crap all the time with their stock bottom end dyno numbers and so on. We're not Supra owners so I'd like to see a real car do this under load a few times and not take damage.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Dude, he said he uses it for a tuning tool, I totally agree with that, I put the car on the dyno to try and tune it in, but ever since I tried hittin both stages on it to check the a/f and took out 2nd gear in my trans, I won't ever put the car on a dyno again, i'm gonna get my own wideband, and like he said, dyno numbers mean dick if you can't get the car down the track.
How do you tune it at the track when you have never sprayed it.

We use a mustang load dyno and have'nt had any problems so far.

Choppin was just messing with Noyzee
Old 06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

How do you tune it at the track when you have never sprayed it.

We use a mustang load dyno and have'nt had any problems so far.

Choppin was just messing with Noyzee
Actually, whenever I tuned a new setup, it's always been on the street, hit the highway late at night when it's empty and have a buddy watch the datalogging software and do a third gear pull, so if it goes lean he can let me know before it's too late.

And then I would throw it on the dyno just to make sure everything was perfect, but i'm scared to put it back on, like I said, hit both stages and shook the tires and took out 2nd gear in my trans, it sucked!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM
9 Second Club

Actually, whenever I tuned a new setup, it's always been on the street, hit the highway late at night when it's empty and have a buddy watch the datalogging software and do a third gear pull, so if it goes lean he can let me know before it's too late.

And then I would throw it on the dyno just to make sure everything was perfect, but i'm scared to put it back on, like I said, hit both stages and shook the tires and took out 2nd gear in my trans, it sucked!

Strap it down better

Or do what we have to do and sit 2 big ****'s in the hatch
Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Strap it down better

Or do what we have to do and sit 2 big ****'s in the hatch
Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
9 Second Club

exactly my piont, bragging about dyno numbers are in fact gay but using the dyno as a measuring and tuning tool is not so gay