Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have Dave's plate system........come inside please!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you have Dave's plate system........come inside please!!

I just want some of your inputs on how you like the system.

What do you like and what do you dislike about the kit?

Does it hit hard?

How does it compare to other kits you have had?

And how much are you spraying through it?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Addict

Love it! Here are some Plate only dyno's my base HP NA was 300.
I was going to use the Plate to supliment my Dry, and being I had Lean issues with the dry, it has become my primary system.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Love it! Here are some Plate only dyno's my base HP NA was 300.
I was going to use the Plate to supliment my Dry, and being I had Lean issues with the dry, it has become my primary system.

Damn, I didn't realize you had the same system I'm going to get. Is it the corvette specific system from nitro dave?

I love the bent tubing you put on your system. It is really clean. You did a fantastic job!

And those numbers are incredible. I may see some mid 500's to the wheels and the tq should be through the roof!

I'm really impressed with the fit and finish of your system!

I'm getting excited about this kit!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:12 AM
10 Second Club

Hey Beer, does that kit come with jets to take it up to a 200hp shot?

Daves website don't say what the kit is rated at!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

Vin @ 860 performance did the install of the hardlines and wired up the Trick Window switch, as well as came up with the way to hide the fuel noid under the cover.

I installed the plate, the bottle, ran the mainline and wires. I wired the opener and heater, Vin wired the actual Noids and relays and window switch.

Be sure Dave knows its for a C-5 Corvette, it will include the P/S Reservior Spacers and new bolts.

Jetting provided is what was on the jetting sheet. Dave jetted it safe and it was real rich in our testing, we ended up jetting the fuel down a bit. I bought fuel jets from Vin -2 for the each of the fuel jettings (see Dyno sheets for jetting I used).

I got the engine mount for the N2O noid from Dave, as well as the new Stage six Lightning noids. I am sure Dave can provide you the fittings from the photo to hide the fuel noid as pictured -4 swivel, to a -4 90 with a 1/8 NPT. The fuel gauge is 1/8NPT nipple to a 1/8 NPT T, to a 45° 1/8 NPT adapter.

Be sure to take pictures I want to see Robert installing/working with a wet system! LOL

Last edited by Beer99C5; 07-02-2006 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:30 AM
10 Second Club

Vin @ 860 performance did the install of the hardlines and wired up the Trick Window switch, as well as came up with the way to hide the fuel noid under the cover.

I installed the plate, the bottle, ran the mainline and wires. I wired the opener and heater, Vin wired the actual Noids and relays and window switch.

Be sure Dave knows its for a C-5 Corvette, it will include the P/S Reservior Spacers and new bolts.

Jetting provided is what was on the jetting sheet. Dave jetted it safe and it was real rich in our testing, we ended up jetting the fuel down a bit. I bought fuel jets from Vin -2 for the each of the fuel jettings (see Dyno sheets for jetting I used).

I got the engine mount for the N2O noid from Dave, as well as the new Stage six Lightning noids. I am sure Dave can provide you the fittings from the photo to hide the fuel noid as pictured -4 swivel, to a -4 90 with a 1/8 NPT. The fuel gauge is 1/8NPT nipple to a 1/8 NPT T, to a 45° 1/8 NPT adapter.

I'm not to worried about hiding the noids, but it does look great the way he did yours. I do eventually want to use hard lines like your using. It really makes the system look so much better. Well at least to me it does.

I noticed you don't have a FPSS! Is it hidden somewhere or are you not using one?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:38 AM
TECH Addict

Not using one. I talked with a bunch of people including Vendors, I read threads that the FPSS was giving people issues (surging, nitrous system not activating etc) that I decided not to use one. I have a wideband, if I see its lean I am backing out of it, hopefully I will catch it time. I can add one easily enough on the plugged end of that T (or a remote fuel gauge), but I feel confident as long as I change the fuel filter regularly and monitor the wideband I dont need a FPSS.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:54 AM
10 Second Club

Not using one. I talked with a bunch of people including Vendors, I read threads that the FPSS was giving people issues (surging, nitrous system not activating etc) that I decided not to use one. I have a wideband, if I see its lean I am backing out of it, hopefully I will catch it time. I can add one easily enough on the plugged end of that T (or a remote fuel gauge), but I feel confident as long as I change the fuel filter regularly and monitor the wideband I dont need a FPSS.
Well that's cool! I'm going to use one....it makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

So what do you think about spraying a 200hp shot on a stock block?

I was planning on spraying the 150 and leaving it like that, but having the jets to take it to 200 I'm sure will be tempting!!
Old 07-02-2006, 05:24 AM
TECH Addict

Here is a 50 dry and and 150 Wet for a combined 200, you can see it was lean, hopefully that is resolved with the new NX dry nozzles.

I jetted down to shoot for about 425 RWHP for my final numbers.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Second Club

Do you think the block will handle that kind of power.......or should I say the pistons? I've heard it will and then I've heard it won't!

To be honest, I'm kinda scared to spray 150 hp shot, but then again......if it breaks I'll just replace the parts with better parts.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got mine finished a few days ago, and had it dynoed, tuned, etc.

Likes: Mostly the clean look. I havent had any other kits, so I dont know how hard it hits in comparison, but I like it. My track times sucked, but thats just because I was on 245 street tires, and was babying it, but I gained .3 in the 1/8th with the 100 shot. I gained about 5rwhp and 5rwtq from the plate, witch offset the small loss from taking out 4 degrees of timing. I've gotten a lot of complements on the looks of it, which took a lot of planning, and work to make it look clean, but it was well worth it.

Dislikes: The stock bellows dont work very well with the kit. I had to trim mine all the way down to the clamps, and its still a little hard to get the lid on, but it would be fine with some smooth bellows.

There are still a few other things that i need to work out, but I really like the kit so far. The customer service was great. I had to call them probably 8-9 times for various things, and they were always there to answer all my questions.

From the 100 shot jets I netted 103 rwhp, and 124 rwtq. This was running really rich, (about 11:1 A/F). This will get fixed whenever i get some new injectors. (mine are running at about 125% duty cycle )
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
I just got mine finished a few days ago, and had it dynoed, tuned, etc.

Likes: Mostly the clean look. I havent had any other kits, so I dont know how hard it hits in comparison, but I like it. My track times sucked, but thats just because I was on 245 street tires, and was babying it, but I gained .3 in the 1/8th with the 100 shot. I gained about 5rwhp and 5rwtq from the plate, witch offset the small loss from taking out 4 degrees of timing. I've gotten a lot of complements on the looks of it, which took a lot of planning, and work to make it look clean, but it was well worth it.

Dislikes: The stock bellows dont work very well with the kit. I had to trim mine all the way down to the clamps, and its still a little hard to get the lid on, but it would be fine with some smooth bellows.

There are still a few other things that i need to work out, but I really like the kit so far. The customer service was great. I had to call them probably 8-9 times for various things, and they were always there to answer all my questions.

From the 100 shot jets I netted 103 rwhp, and 124 rwtq. This was running really rich, (about 11:1 A/F). This will get fixed whenever i get some new injectors. (mine are running at about 125% duty cycle )
Thanks for the info.

So did your kit come with 50-200 hp jets?

In your opinion, how dificult was the install?

And isn't the kit a wet kit? Your injectors shouldn't be an issue! You should be fine, but you may need a new fuel pump.

I just bought a new ractronix from thunder racing about an hour ago. That should aleviate any possible issues that may arrise fuel wise.

Again.......thanks for the post!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Thanks for the info.

And isn't the kit a wet kit? Your injectors shouldn't be an issue! You should be fine, but you may need a new fuel pump.

I just bought a new ractronix from thunder racing about an hour ago. That should aleviate any possible issues that may arrise fuel wise.

Hey Jon, I just got my Racetronics and hot wire kit from Thunder yesterday. They had two kits that just came in, as I have been waiting for some time. You know with the reg and return at the rails (which I have done) along with the pump kit I am good to go for an easy 600rwhp. If you don't upgrade your rails you may want to think BAP if you have fueling issues ie: pressure dropping at highest/heaviest demand, because the racetronics by itself will not support 600hp. I have a Dave front head mount for your noids if ya want it, was going to use it on Mark's Z06, but we can put it on your vette when we do install. He did get a new best n/a time though and good enough for the fast Z06 list. Chris Stewart, the other red Z06, is dropping his dry hit and installing a twin turbo, and Rey with his newly found power with his vette, it's going to be the battle of the C5s, hehehehehe. My car is just about ready to go, 90% complete.

Beer, I would run a fpss if I was you. It is for fuel pump failure and you won't see that in time. As a matter of fact, I can't be looking at my wb during a run and must look at the log after the run. Just adjust it to the psi you want shut down, but not to close to your fuel pressure at highest demand. that is where most get into trouble, the fuel system starts to drop pressure because it's a border line system and then it triggers the shut down. A good fuel (read: stays at a constant press) system and your fpss set 10psi below will be fine and many run one. Now with that said, it's an individual choice, so if ya don't want one that's ok too.
Oh and I know I suggested this on the other site, but for those that didn't see it... On the lean thing with the dry, well, your not really going to run the dry by itself, right? so, just use your wet kit to dial in the final a/f you want, very simple concept. But like you stated, maybe the NX 90* nozzles will take care of the slight lean issue on the dry side. Did you say you were getting a Vararam?

Robert
Old 07-02-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've had the plate on my GTO since before they came out Love it, haven't put TOO much through it though (only about 8lbs. of nitrous with a 75hp jetting).
Old 07-02-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56

Beer, I would run a fpss if I was you. It is for fuel pump failure and you won't see that in time. As a matter of fact, I can't be looking at my wb during a run and must look at the log after the run. Just adjust it to the psi you want shut down, but not to close to your fuel pressure at highest demand. that is where most get into trouble, the fuel system starts to drop pressure because it's a border line system and then it triggers the shut down. A good fuel (read: stays at a constant press) system and your fpss set 10psi below will be fine and many run one. Now with that said, it's an individual choice, so if ya don't want one that's ok too.
Oh and I know I suggested this on the other site, but for those that didn't see it... On the lean thing with the dry, well, your not really going to run the dry by itself, right? so, just use your wet kit to dial in the final a/f you want, very simple concept. But like you stated, maybe the NX 90* nozzles will take care of the slight lean issue on the dry side. Did you say you were getting a Vararam?

Robert
Actually I was considering the DynoTune AFR switch in lieu of the FPSS. I am torn between LT Headers (probably a headache this late in the season, have to weld in a new WB bung, likely have to get a sensor with longer wires), or HPT/EFI Live for my next Vette item (although I should stop with Vette for a while and get the body going on the 73 Charger, being the all forged Mopar 402 SB stroker motor has been done for it well over a year ). That EFI Live post using the valet mode to use Nitrous specific tables looks VERY interesting...

I doubt I will get a Vararam (I know its the best for the C-5, but on my Chief Mate budget...it will have to wait til after I am Capt, which may be real soon ), I am happy with the setup I have now capability wise (providing my AFR is better, will know next time home), and yes I actually intend to run the dry independently of the wet (I do agree the wet can be used to tune the dry when they are used together). The problem I have for the track is being a Vert (limited to I think to 8.49 1/8 and a 13.5 in 1/4 else I have to add roll cage or get one of those HT conversions), so I may need to limit it to a very small shot to not getting tossed. What I like about the dual stage is flexibility to select a 50, or a 125, or go with both at a 175.. . Its pretty much three systems in one.

I do have a buddy on the ship with a 2001 Vert and a Vararam, I may have him sold on Nitrous, in fact I will likely spec out a kit for him (to bad you don't have the Robert Pro-Kit spec'd to the Lightning Noids ), he gets here end of this week he will likely do as 00Vette and hide the bottle.

To do a two stage like this all 00Vette would need is another N2O Solenoid, and some hose and a nozzle or two and some fittings. Likely $250 and street strip flexibility that can't be beat.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Hey Jon, I just got my Racetronics and hot wire kit from Thunder yesterday. They had two kits that just came in, as I have been waiting for some time. You know with the reg and return at the rails (which I have done) along with the pump kit I am good to go for an easy 600rwhp. If you don't upgrade your rails you may want to think BAP if you have fueling issues ie: pressure dropping at highest/heaviest demand, because the racetronics by itself will not support 600hp. I have a Dave front head mount for your noids if ya want it, was going to use it on Mark's Z06, but we can put it on your vette when we do install. He did get a new best n/a time though and good enough for the fast Z06 list. Chris Stewart, the other red Z06, is dropping his dry hit and installing a twin turbo, and Rey with his newly found power with his vette, it's going to be the battle of the C5s, hehehehehe. My car is just about ready to go, 90% complete.

Robert
I just ordered my racetronix yesterday from Thunder racing. Hopefully it won't take forever to get it.

I was told by Nitro Dave that the racetronix will be good for 650hp. But if you think the part you have would help me out.....I'll definately take it.

What exactly is it and what does it do?

I'll be home in exactly a week. I'll be coming over to visit you shortly as well....oh and I have a hard to get cigar with your name on it!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Thanks for the info.

I believe that the tuning gets very very difficult to do with the injectors so maxed out, or something of that nature, and since the a/f was good on motor, they just wanted to leave the power on the table for another day. I just got a new fuel pump put in and its got plenty of pressure. It came with jets for 50,75,100,150, and 200 shots. It really wasnt difficult to install, just time consuming. But, IMHO, nothing on these cars has been difficult, but more just time consuming. I think we spent 15-20 hours (or maybe a little more) but most of that was running the wire in the factory loom, and making the harness for it, etc. but im very happy with the end result.