Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blow down tube extension

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006 | 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Default blow down tube extension

I have a hard tube blow down that doesn't extend far enough to go through the floor. I need another few inches (for the tube length).

I don't know what the tech regulations are for a blow down setup. Since it is 1/2" can I use rubber tubing with a clamp to take it the rest of the way or is that not adequate? If not, do I need to go with a hard tube fitting? What is a shopping list to complete the length? I really don't want to pitch what I have and buy all new flexible hose and fittings.

thanks
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:00 PM
On The Tree

I used a russel 8 an hardline adapter and 2- 8an 90 's with a short piece of hose to a bulk head fitting
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

ive always wondered if heater hose clamped to the end of the tube would work...
Old 08-02-2006 | 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
ive always wondered if heater hose clamped to the end of the tube would work...
It will work, rules state you must vent to exterior. But you may use multiple
pieces to do that.
Hawk
(I'm currently installing a -8 'Y' block to run my bottle vents together before exiting as one hose.)
Old 08-02-2006 | 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
It will work, rules state you must vent to exterior. But you may use multiple
pieces to do that.
Hawk
(I'm currently installing a -8 'Y' block to run my bottle vents together before exiting as one hose.)
So there's no safety issue with with this vent extension using a low resistance clamp up?

The reason for my question was the expense. To use a heater or rubber plumbing hose of sorts with an aeroseal clamp would be a lot less expensive than a Russel fitting -an 8 elbow(s) and high pressure braided line...

If the answer is yes then I'll head down to the hardware store and punch a hole in my floor pan.

thanks
Old 08-02-2006 | 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

I just had a longer tube made for my application. I think it was $10-15 more than a regular tube but made it easier.
Old 08-02-2006 | 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
So there's no safety issue with with this vent extension using a low resistance clamp up?

The reason for my question was the expense. To use a heater or rubber plumbing hose of sorts with an aeroseal clamp would be a lot less expensive than a Russel fitting -an 8 elbow(s) and high pressure braided line...

If the answer is yes then I'll head down to the hardware store and punch a hole in my floor pan.

thanks
The answer is yes but if you're extending it why not extend it enough to hit one of the body plugs? Just make sure it's firmly attached to the rigid tube
and that you havt the hose end secured so it can't come back in the car.
Hawk
Old 08-02-2006 | 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
The answer is yes but if you're extending it why not extend it enough to hit one of the body plugs? Just make sure it's firmly attached to the rigid tube
and that you havt the hose end secured so it can't come back in the car.
Hawk
Thanks! (everyone)....

I'll do just as you said. I'll figure out a bracket to secure the hose through an existing plug. After spending nearly $40 for a simple tube for something that will likely never get used, I wanted to quit spending. Cheap as it is, I'm past the $1k mark with this "little" nitrous kit and want to put my money in the direction of something else to see how my a/f is doing. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: blow down tube extension