Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is your favorite switch panel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is your favorite switch panel?

So, I want to upgrade to a nice N2O switch panel, but I dont know what one I like best, and I have only seen a few of them. What one should I go with?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

i love the jimmy jam switch panal i got it from hsw it hides the switches for a clean install
Old 11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a custom Beer panel, and no one makes a tricker custom panel. Talk to Beer, he maybe interested in making one to your specs? he is working on some f-bod styles right now. Here's a pic of my current panel, however, he has a tricker one in the works. I know it's a vette panel, but may give insight as to what can be done.

Robert
Old 11-08-2006, 06:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Beer Vette panel shown Camaro in the works!

Dean
Old 11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Wow, if the camaro one looks anywhere near what Robert56@NitrousDirect's looks like, I am sold!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys for the kind words, Nitro Dave's and HSW has some F-Body panels readily available, and are sponsors so be sure to take a look at their panels. I dabble in flat laminate style panels, and pretty much as hobby only.

Here is what I am working on, I hope to have some done in about two weeks. The fonts will be more legible on the next batch, and the issue I am trying to resolve is the cigarette lighter hole being difference form the earlier Camaros, this is an earlier model, the later models have a black ring around them requiring a larger hole.

The Camaro SS will be an option to

This is one I am doing for GLMS

No cutting of console needed. Black is the only color so far, looking for a dark grey laminate.

DynoTune should have some (similar to the first picture) by the end of the month. Not sure if they will fit the TA. May need some field testing One with and opener may follow.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

I have a personal preference to these.

Comes with a N2O gauge.

Switch Panels

Here is one in my truck.

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 11-09-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:11 AM
8 second mod

i love my beer.

i meen my beer pannal that is!!!

shitty pics, but nice pannal.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

I use the NX 3 switch panel. It's a nice panel. Let me suggest something to look out out for however. I have accidently switched off my system when depressing the purge button. Admittedly, I have large hands and even larger with gloves on for racing. My activation/heater buttonm is to the left of my purge. When I reach over to purge I accidently, my downward stroke with my finger accidently shuts off system. Maybe my purge should go off with my arm b+ to indicate to me that I just shut down the system accidently...there are several things I could do. This is just a heads up.

BTW the truck panel a few posts up looks awesome.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

+2 on those beer switches...I'm sold too.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

I like the nitrous outlet switch panel. Just installed one with my TnT kit and get lots of complements. Nice how it hides under the ashtray also, so no one peeking to rob ya knows you might have a nice bottle in there to take.
Attached Thumbnails What is your favorite switch panel?-nitrous-intall-ss-094.jpg  
Old 11-09-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Thanks guys for the kind words, Nitro Dave's and HSW has some F-Body panels readily available, and are sponsors so be sure to take a look at their panels. I dabble in flat laminate style panels, and pretty much as hobby only.

Here is what I am working on, I hope to have some done in about two weeks. The fonts will be more legible on the next batch, and the issue I am trying to resolve is the cigarette lighter hole being difference form the earlier Camaros, this is an earlier model, the later models have a black ring around them requiring a larger hole.

No cutting of console needed. Black is the only color so far, looking for a dark grey laminate.

DynoTune should have some (similar to the first picture) by the end of the month. Not sure if they will fit the TA. May need some field testing One with and opener may follow.

correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the '98 model is the only model without the little ring. Mine is a '99 and it has that ring around it
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

thats the one i have, but i have the one with the "wrong" purge button, i still havnt called them to get the right one. but its one of the nicest switch panels i have seen and it is very high quality.

i didnt think a switch panel could be so sweet, if you bought it, you would understand what i mean
Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
i love the jimmy jam switch panal i got it from hsw it hides the switches for a clean install

X2!!!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

the one in the ash tray is the one I want to get.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brian2006
correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the '98 model is the only model without the little ring. Mine is a '99 and it has that ring around it
You are correct. 99+ it isn't there.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Beer99C5

I was lucky enough to help test fit these panels and I'll say they are KICKASS! The pics do not do them justice as I just layed them in the car to get a rough idea on how they look. I have been really busy here lately and haven't had an opportunity to test it on a 99+. We used a 98' I have sitting here in the garage and didn't realize until after the ring issue. Awsome panels IMO.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:38 AM
12 Second Club

I have the jimmy jams ash tray switch insert,nice and concealed !!!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Launching!

My friend just drilled holes in the bottom of his ash tray for his. That is also what im doing for mine. You can put the purge on the top right, and then on the left side you can fit 2 toggle switches. Just use the switches that come with the kit, and then you dont have to buy a switch panel. I think it still looks good and is stealthy since you cant see any switches until you open the ashtray lid, however the switch panels do def. look nicer
Old 11-12-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

is there a place that makes custom panels????

Quick Reply: What is your favorite switch panel?