best place for wet nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Come on Dave, I said I was sorry and you did too. No more of this-
Robert
Robert I still love ya man.... You know we have that special love, hate relationship.

Maybe I took your post wrong but I felt like you were basicaly calling me a liar. It got me a little bent out of shape.
Moving on now...
Dave
Old 12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Robert I still love ya man.... You know we have that special love, hate relationship.

Maybe I took your post wrong but I felt like you were basicaly calling me a liar. It got me a little bent out of shape.
Moving on now...
Dave
No not a liar, yes BS, but it was like when talking to a friend and say ah Bull sh*t. I allways value your insight, and yes to everyone reading along, I have learned from Dave in some areas. Moving on here also, have a good one.
Robert
Old 12-13-2006, 01:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All motors even if it is the same motor can have different flow characteristics. This is why not all cercumstances are always the same.
When helping a customer through tuning there car. I always prefer having them read spark plugs. The reason why is that a wide band airfuel gives you a over all air fuel. Not a per cylinder. By reading spark plugs you can locate what is called your HOT cylinder. Then tune from reading the plug. This will keep you from burning the spark plug or piston.

Lets say you have a hot cylinder in number 2. Once you have determained that is your problem cylinder you will make sure you check that plug each time. Idea is to look at all plugs but that is not real easy on some cars. If you choose not to read each plug like suggested make sure you look at the HOT cylinder everytime and pull a couple of speratic plugs here and there while tunning.

Fixes for that Hot cylinder can be helped two ways.
1. Run a colder plug in the HOT Cylinder.

2. If you are not useing a directport you can add more fuel into that cylinder by running a larger fuel jet.

3. If you are running a system that injects a mixture ibefore the throttle body(non directort) You will jet the system richer by going up on the fuel jet. This will make your overall tune up richer but keep you safe in the hot cylinder. Keep doing so until the spark plug in the HOT cylinder looks safe. DO NOT ADD LARGER FUEL JETS TO THE POINT IT MAKES YOUR TUNE WAY TO RICH...

Dave

Quick Reply: best place for wet nozzle