Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do all you guy and gals keep filling your bottles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver 00 SS
do you really think that cars run 10's with JUST a cam and no bolt-on's or weight reduction..... you really are stupid

Scott

Better think again...there have been a few I do believe you should look in the data-base, or Drag Racing forum. back to the popcorn!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNTramair
im in the process of changing over from nitrous to FI (ati) for the following reasons

1)tired of getting the bottle filled...over a long period time, say 3-4 years, you'll have just as much into a nitrous kit and bottle fills as it will cost you to go FI.

2)low bottle pressure equals a loss...either on the street or at the track. racing a 550rwhp nitrous car against a 550rwhp FI isnt allways fair....FI car will allways win on the top end due to the fact of bottle pressure...see reason #1.

3) allways having to diagnos when something stops workin...fuel pressure solenoid/nitrous solenoid not coming on.

reason im changin over..

1) power is there...whereever, whenever.
2) im not worried about being stealthy...im not in it to try and make money
3) the power is there period!!
4) a purge is kool....but a whine is even better...

this is just my opinion of course.
FYI id take the 560 rwhp n20 car over the 560 fi car any day ther tq curve will be in the n20 cars favor. FI is very peaky and a spin is a loss cause you have to rebuild the boost. the n2o is back as soon as your back in it

Just my oppinion. I have seen a few 1 second faster fi cars loose to n2o cars that know how to race there game.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Better think again...there have been a few I do believe you should look in the data-base, or Drag Racing forum. back to the popcorn!
with cam only, that means no springs, push rods, headers, intake, TB, catback, y-pipe, FULL race wight....ect.

i dont think it is possible.

bottom line is bang for buck you CAN NOT beat nitrous.

150 hp NOS = $1000ish
Cam (with bolt-ons) = $2,500ish maybe less
Heads & Cam = $3,000ish maybe less
Turbo = $8,000ish most likly more
Supercharger = $6,000ish about right

Last edited by Silver 00 SS; 12-12-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

silver i think i struck a string there, eh.
All of us here are trying to pick each others brain not our asses. Actualy if you read the article the car was pretty much gutted. Read between the lines. If I wanted to run 11's Id by a five liter.
editing your post makes you really smart.
You know what Im not going to lower myself to your level. If you want to stay and read , and give us insite then by all means do it. If not get the **** out!!!
Whats really nice here is that you sport the Speed inc. icon there but are making people think that all the Speed guys are acting like you. Not cool, and not good for buis. So calm down and give us imput!

Shiznity- I take it that your combo is extreamly drivable. Sounds awsome! Care to devoulge some specs? ANy vids?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

read my post above this one and yours.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

ok ok waving a white flag here
Old 12-12-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jester1
ok ok waving a white flag here
dont worry im back down from being angry... work sucks today lol
Old 12-12-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

no worries
I just had a four hour mastercam exam, I was about to literally take the tower and throw it at the "so called teacher" but my buddy stopped me
**** happens
Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

All I have to say is this thread is ******* stupid and it should have been closed after the #2 post.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

no worries
I just had a four hour mastercam exam, I was about to literally take the tower and throw it at the "so called teacher" but my buddy stopped me
**** happens
yea I have been dealing with a 30 day pay out that has turned in to a FU***** 90 day pay out.... for about 30 nice size windows and 6 patio doors..... yea its really easy floating 5 $ digits for a extra 60day.... Alright back on topic!

jester1 you got a FI car?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Restricted User

My bad Silver SS...I thought I read Cam only with bolt-ons and weight reduction. Of course your not going to run 10's in a literal cam only car. However, in everyone elses world, Cam only includes the springs and retainers as a given and weight reduction, should also be a given unless stated FULL WEIGHT...I mean how many cars do you ever hear running with less than a full tank of gas?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
My bad Silver SS...I thought I read Cam only with bolt-ons and weight reduction. Of course your not going to run 10's in a literal cam only car. However, in everyone elses world, Cam only includes the springs and retainers as a given and weight reduction, should also be a given unless stated FULL WEIGHT...I mean how many cars do you ever hear running with less than a full tank of gas?
true
Old 12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by farnoush
All I have to say is this thread is ******* stupid and it should have been closed after the #2 post.

If I thought it needed closing I would have closed it, but since I think there is some good discussion here I didn't. So, your useless contribution has been noted! Thanks for interjecting such a thought provoking opinion
Old 12-12-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you fuc*ing nuts??? seven(7) bottle refils for me is only $175.00 thats $25 a 10lbs refill. i only refill my bottle one time a year $25.00. i made 600hp 650tq on a stang dyno 346ci's on a 150 shot. you add more bost and i'll add more spray. you asked how many safe runs at 300 or more hp shot of nos? how many safe runs are you going to get w/30psi or more of boost? i would never spray anything over a 200shot,i build motor cars and the power adder is only for those w/power adders.
FOXBODYNUT- you hit it on the head bro.
EVERYONE ELSE- sounds like some of you are getting riped on nos refils. i only pay $25.00 to fill a 10lbs bottle around here.

Last edited by mike c.; 12-12-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, it's pretty bad here. $45-50 for a bottle fill.

otherwise you can rent a mother bottle and get that filled and with the cost of renting figured in, if you buy enough(we get 4-5 mother bottles at a time) cost is about $18/bottle fill then.

trick is to buy in BULK!!
Old 12-12-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

As you can see why I decided to ask why everyone keeps filling. Now 30bucks for a fill then id be spraying. You guys are making good points. Nobodys actually answered this so ill ask again, how many runs per bottle do you get? Whatever your hit is whether 50shot or a 500 shot. I read somewhere or was told cant remember that a 300hit requires about 3# with one run per bottle to keep the presure up.
peny for your experience
Old 12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Restricted User

As you can see why I decided to ask why everyone keeps filling. Now 30bucks for a fill then id be spraying. You guys are making good points. Nobodys actually answered this so ill ask again, how many runs per bottle do you get? Whatever your hit is whether 50shot or a 500 shot. I read somewhere or was told cant remember that a 300hit requires about 3# with one run per bottle to keep the presure up.
peny for your experience
Sorry for lack of timely reply on this question...seems I got lost in the sauce. Anyway, on 150 shot, I would get about 5 solid runs in w/o a heater, 6-7 with. At 200shot with heater I would get 3. On the 200 there would still be nitrous in the bottle but not enough for a heater to keep the pressure up the entire 4th run. A push-system helps maximize the nitrous used per bottle as it keeps the pressure more consistant, and can tap into that last few pounds. Push systems are also not NHRA Legal.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks
So a good 5 runs per bottle should be one outing on a test and tune not bad.
So safe to say 300+ would equal one good clean run + purge? YOu run a heater? I think your the first person Ive seen run one, everyone else likes the propane.
Would you recommend a system that is good to support 300+ either two stage or single plate, or go for a fogger right off the bat? There are alot of nitrous companies out there right now so how do you pick on, who makes a good quality one?

Heres another. If running a fuel injection set up "throttle body" carb intake. Would using a plate style setup interfear with the spray pattern of the NOS or visa versa. Can you properly plumb a fogger on a carb style intake and fit it with injector bungs. Would that work?
thanks

Last edited by jester1; 12-12-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Because i got a brand new TNT F2 kit in the plastic for $225 dollars!! And it cost me $30.00 to fill my bottle. And i love the instant TQ.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well heres something to help figure out nitrous consuption spraying 100 shot you consume .08 lb/sec.

me, personally am a nitrous guy, i swear by it. for the cost you can take a nitrous kit and put it on any car and make it much faster. also i can take my nitrous kit off my camaro, and put it on almost any other make/model of car, a turbo kit..you need all new piping, hot and cold side, plus a tune, fuel system and all the other upgrades on it. nitrous needs fuel upgrades too, but not until you're over 150 shot. what i like about my nitrous kit is, that i can take it out of my car throw it in my buddies car the morning of the races and he can be dropping his et's, then the next day put it back in my car and not have to worry about it. yeah, filling the bottle sucks and when its getting empty you dont have the same power as you did when it was full, but i guess thats the price you pay in the long run. and i dont know about you, but if i hear a BOV or anything i usually think of the import cars so it doesnt do much anything for me, but when i hear the sound of a nitrous purge, i get a chill and it usually send me the message of "i mean business" but like i said this is all personal opionion and this subject has been argued a million times before, and will never stop.

Quick Reply: Why do all you guy and gals keep filling your bottles?