Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do all you guy and gals keep filling your bottles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006 | 06:40 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by jester1
Thanks
So a good 5 runs per bottle should be one outing on a test and tune not bad.
So safe to say 300+ would equal one good clean run + purge? YOu run a heater? I think your the first person Ive seen run one, everyone else likes the propane.
Would you recommend a system that is good to support 300+ either two stage or single plate, or go for a fogger right off the bat? There are alot of nitrous companies out there right now so how do you pick on, who makes a good quality one?

Heres another. If running a fuel injection set up "throttle body" carb intake. Would using a plate style setup interfear with the spray pattern of the NOS or visa versa. Can you properly plumb a fogger on a carb style intake and fit it with injector bungs. Would that work?
thanks
My preference is NX. I always find them on here helping out the community, on the phone at odd hours etc, especially Ricky and Jeremy, with the sales support and late night stuff from Nitrous Daves. Heater is definately a plus. On 300 I could get 2 clean runs, I motor purged in the water box..stealthy and effective.
I would go plate or direct port for 300 with a dedicated fuel system. For a carb intake plumb job, look at Nitrous Daves. Dave has setup some ******* sick intakes. I'm thinking Next was one of them, hit the search button in here and some should pop up. Dave also ran a plate and a second stage bar on that carb'd intake...sick!
Old 12-12-2006 | 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Sounds like someone it tooting there own horn.
I figured it was a good opportunity.
But it does also show that in stock or stockish condition, the spray actually will win out over the boosted guys. The boosted guys can in the high end of things run faster, but the $$$ to do so are very high.
Robert
Old 12-12-2006 | 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Why nitrous? 'Cause while you're busy trying to build boost I'm gonna land on you and drag your *** down the 1/4 mile
Old 12-12-2006 | 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

How Come None Of The Sponsors Have Made Any Points Yet. Dont You Guys Want Another Customer To Spend Money Especially With Christmas Coming.
Rob @ Nd 10.9 Is Not Fast, Theres Guys On The Turbstang Site Running Stock Motors Stock Stock Stock Into The 9's.
Come On Keep Me From Converting!!!
Jester, my post on times was not including forged bottom end stangs.
The thread that this comes off is asking for the worlds fastes ls6 vette with any power adder. Remember, the Z06 has hypercraptic pistons and is a 6-speed. If you can find a quiker vette that beats my record, so be it, but as of yet, my little 340rwhp bone stock engine on the spray holds said record against even the blowers/turbos. It may not be fast to you, but it's a wild ride to me. This is the reason for you to go nitrous-if ya want to be fast.
Robert
Old 12-12-2006 | 07:29 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

Hi just went to your site, item number cfn1504, can it be jetted lower,
kit #cfn500 can it be jetted lower, and in the future if I wanted to purchase the direct port efi nozzles would I be able to or would i need acomplete new system?
I didnt see any two stage plates do you have any? How would you compare your kits to say the name brands like nos etc, not trying to be rude or anything just curious?
Come on sell me something.
Oh before i forget, I was tols by someone at the track to be carfull with nos's big shot when using more than 300hit, bicause it does not distribute verywell and fried two motors both sbc all 4 corner pistons were melted
thanks
ROBERT was just trying to rattle your cage abit
Old 12-12-2006 | 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

kit #cfn500 can it be jetted lower, and in the future if I wanted to purchase the direct port efi nozzles would I be able to or would i need acomplete new system?
I didnt see any two stage plates do you have any? How would you compare your kits to say the name brands like nos etc, not trying to be rude or anything just curious?
Oh before i forget, I was tols by someone at the track to be carfull with nos's big shot when using more than 300hit, bicause it does not distribute verywell and fried two motors both sbc all 4 corner pistons were melted
thanks
You can jet your kits lower if ya like, just a matter of specifing your hp levels you want when ordering.
Yes, you can purchase the EFI DP nozzles seperatly for add on later or conversion.
Comparing the plates, well they are all so new new that a clear front runner has not been established. We (CF) currently only have a plate in single or dual stage for the ls2/90mm set ups. All the feed back has been great. Here's a link. http://www.nitrousdirect.com/LS2-Nitrous.html
Also here is our new on line store with all the NX kits included.
http://www.nitrousdirect.com/nitrous...ategory_id=194
A 300 shot, imo, should be done in a DP set-up. At that level things get more tricky, and your set-up needs to be spot on.
Rattle my cage, umm, I didn't take it that way, just thought maybe you missed the real point I was trying to make, as I know there are guys faster and I am a little dog playing in a sometimes big dog arena.
Robert
Old 12-12-2006 | 07:59 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

if i use a direct port setup would it be neccessary to use a progressive controller?
I think i missed your point sorry for my ignorance which systems were you refering to Being the new one? The cold fusion systems on your web site are they an inhouse brand, and are they completely fabbed in the US?
Old 12-12-2006 | 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

How big a shot you planning? You can use a progressive, but it's not a requirement. If you want to be quick the best use of nitrous would be to hit it all and have the suspension to support it.

And for the record, my prior post is just goofin' since this thread started with some lunacy.

Fact is, nitrous is the most HP gain per dollar, period.

BTW, I only pay $1.46 a pound for a mother bottle so there's no way I'm going up where you live
Old 12-12-2006 | 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

thanks
There are a lot of questions there dude!!

I wouldn't worry too much about Robert's cage...it's pretty tough.

come on sell me something.
If you buy a n20 system.
You will get more horsepower.
You will be a winner.
Old 12-12-2006 | 09:57 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

next, would you be buying from praxair? You dont want to be here, its nice place to live but if your a car or bike guy below the boarder is where its at. Last 15 times i was in florida almost never came home. Its like my second home to me, I even cheer on the BUCKS. Winter haven isnt that around Orlando I remember the sign but never passed through.
No actually Im moving down
checked out your site must say nice pics!!! Mind sharing some general cam specs( just incase its TOP SECRET) and n20 system u are using

Last edited by jester1; 12-12-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2006 | 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

if i use a direct port setup would it be neccessary to use a progressive controller?
I think i missed your point sorry for my ignorance which systems were you refering to Being the new one? The cold fusion systems on your web site are they an inhouse brand, and are they completely fabbed in the US?
Yes you can use a progressive as Next has stated. My opinion on this is, I would rather dual stage as this will be less wear tear on your noids.
All of the kits we carry NX and CF are completly US made. We also have some ND spec'ed kits that only we carry. Not sure what I was talking about a new kit, maybe the Ultimate PRO dry that is on my car? This may or may not become available, it's a mix of NX lighting noids and CF SS nozzles.
Robert
Old 12-12-2006 | 11:45 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

I starting to think about scrapping the whole FI thing altogether. May have to drive down with some mother tanks and fill up.
Old 12-13-2006 | 07:06 AM
TECH Junkie

next, would you be buying from praxair? You dont want to be here, its nice place to live but if your a car or bike guy below the boarder is where its at. Last 15 times i was in florida almost never came home. Its like my second home to me, I even cheer on the BUCKS. Winter haven isnt that around Orlando I remember the sign but never passed through.
No actually Im moving down
checked out your site must say nice pics!!! Mind sharing some general cam specs( just incase its TOP SECRET) and n20 system u are using
There's quite a few big suppliers that have local distributers around here. The one I go to is Tri-Tech.

Yes, Winter Garden is just outside of Orlando. Come on down, the weather is nice.

The cam is a 238/248 with 605/612 lift. Nothing big, but it gets the job done. I run an NX direct port system. Check my sig and you'll see who I've aligned myself with to make my car go.
Old 12-13-2006 | 09:25 AM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

ok you guys all make excellent points.
Man look at the next car go I dont think hes got any problems hooking !
I hate to say it but I guess im in the market for a bottle "o" juice.
I wasnt concidering that really the only time it will be used is at the track.
How many times do I really go there with the car, vs my bike which is practically every week. one or two bottles every outing is ok with me. How much street time well not much there either, probably wount get around the block without getting pulled over anyway. so juice it is.
Actually thats a good thing I can continue the prep and paint which i put on hold to fab the turbo system.
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Everyone using 250 400 shot how many pounds per run including the purge do u consume, ok ok even the 200 guys could chime in.
Ok some of you make good points, but what about streetability. 4500+ stalls, deep gears, dosent seem very streetable.
How about you guys posting some of your 9sec combos ( stall, cam, gear, cid, MPG)
On juice you want a tight stall and shallow gears. Hmmm...better mpg and streetability...
Old 12-13-2006 | 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

There are a lot of guys throwing around usage numbers and cost numbers without stating bottle size. How many passes do you get and at what size bottle? Also, does pressure affect this? Looks like there was one posting saying yes. Anyone else?

I put maybe 3k miles/year on my car and get to the track 3 times a year. I like running NA, but like most of us here the speed bug is hard to deny. So, Nitrous is an easy cheap solution to go MUCH faster for little green and still keep it a little tamer on the street. I love turbo set-ups, but it is just not in the budget right now. My car cost me very little to get it where it is and I have no choice but to keep the theme going till I make the ig bucks (i.e. $500 for cam/springs/rods, $500 for SS headers/Y-pipe...).
Old 12-13-2006 | 06:28 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

Been reaserching all night long. You guys really fucked me up, but in a good way. Saved me alot of money, time, headache, fabrication.
Did some searches here but didnt come up with anything concrete.
NOS double crossplate dual stage vs a bigshot dual stage. would I see a performance diff using say 350 shot?
Checked out the NX systems too. was looking at the P# 80000 until i realized only two solonids, and whats up with the supplied plastic feed line?
On another thread someone stated that NX used a different thread on the systems so you can only replace parts throughNX?

If you had to invest in one nitrous system what would you get a two stage plate or a fogger type?

Last edited by jester1; 12-13-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-13-2006 | 08:15 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by blacktransam
because my stock bottom end is up to 698rwhp on pump gas and has been over 600 for 2 yrs..

show me a boosted car with those results and minimal investment..

oh and nitrous only costs me 1.62 a pound
congrats on the new personal best....ive got 1 thing to say to all the stock bottomend n20 cars.....Rob Raymer.....stock friggin motor plus springs=775rwhp on 13.5psi and over 850lbft of torque.The record is by a turbo car.i personally think most guys go turbo/super to be different.There arent that many turbo/blower lsX cars when compared with nitrous ls cars.
Old 12-13-2006 | 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ddnspider
congrats on the new personal best....ive got 1 thing to say to all the stock bottomend n20 cars.....Rob Raymer.....stock friggin motor plus springs=775rwhp on 13.5psi and over 850lbft of torque.The record is by a turbo car.i personally think most guys go turbo/super to be different.There arent that many turbo/blower lsX cars when compared with nitrous ls cars.
What's his ET, that'll put some light on things. There are some stock short block 6 speeds in the lower 10's.
Robert
Old 12-13-2006 | 08:44 PM
On The Tree

its only $3 per pound here in grand rapids so im definitly considering it. Did the blower thing already on my 4.3 extreme 5 speed. Was fun but want to see what the n20 is about

Quick Reply: Why do all you guy and gals keep filling your bottles?