Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will this work?

I have been a ...(cough) mustang (cough)... owner and still have my old dry kit from one of the many stangs i owned. Well i just purchased a '99 ss and was wondering if the kits are generally the same. I did some searches but couldn't find anything directly on point. It sounds as if for LS1 cars you put the spray nozzle before the MAF? If this is true I am assuming the computer does all of the correction for fuel? The mustang kit has a vaccum line that plugs into the fuel regulator, I am guessing I should plug this off? I plan on spraying a 125-150 shot so any recommendations would help on what else I would need, i have alreay put in a set of TR6 NGK's. Other than a Lid the car is completely stock. Thanks for the help

Last edited by sprayin'99ss; 02-09-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

U do want to spray before the MAF and Air Charge Temp,, The computer will read it just fine, but i would not go over 100-125 shot with out adding some fuel..
Old 02-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by my number 1 hater
U do want to spray before the MAF and Air Charge Temp,, The computer will read it just fine, but i would not go over 100-125 shot with out adding some fuel..

You mean going to a wet kit?? If not I guess that is really my question how do you add fuel??
Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes go WET....and spray AFTER the MAF..... if u stay with the dry kit u might also think about an extra inline fuel pump just in case!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
You mean going to a wet kit?? If not I guess that is really my question how do you add fuel??
Adding fuel with a dry kit=adding injectors and fuel pump.

I doubt you'll max out the stock fuel pump with a small dry shot. Your year f-body came with smaller 26lb injectors so you might run out of injector if you install a dry kit but I'm not familiar with the limits of 26lb injectors. Regardless, I would highly recommend doing some dyno logs to check the injectors duty cycle, a/f, timing, etc etc. Hell, you should do that with any nitrous application though.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

I may need to revise my question....is there a regulator...adjustable or not that I should be aware of? When buying a dry kit for LS1's is it a single nitrous solinoid that is plumbed into the air lid with no provision for fuel ... or is there a vaccum line for a fuel regulator like in the mustang kits?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

No regulator. Just a solenoid. The MAF reads the nitrous and makes the necessary adjustments.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Well that's just too easy! What size shot do you think the 26lb injectors will handle? Thanks for the help!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
I may need to revise my question....is there a regulator...adjustable or not that I should be aware of? When buying a dry kit for LS1's is it a single nitrous solinoid that is plumbed into the air lid with no provision for fuel ... or is there a vaccum line for a fuel regulator like in the mustang kits?
No regulator. With the dry hit you want some larger injectors and higher capacity fuel pump. The MAF and IAT will take care of the fuel metering for you when spraying. You want the low down on dry hits, pm robert56, hes the resident dry hit guru.