Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Requesting Main Nitrous Feed Line Routing Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Requesting Main Nitrous Feed Line Routing Pics

Like the title says. For those of you that have the bottle mounted in the trunk/spare tire area and are routing the main nitrous feed line through the rubber gromet in the spare tire area, I'd like to see undercar pics of how you route the line to the engine. I havent looked under the car so I dont really have any ideas as of yet. Also, do you guys recommend covering the braided steel line with that plastic shroud tube or whatever its called? How well does a braided steel line hold up to the elements?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Banned

I know some people dont like doing it this way but i ran mine inside of the car under the carpet on the passenger side of the car ! But i dont keep my bottle in the car most of the time unless im on my way to the track
Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I really wanted to route it under the car too, but I ended up going inside under the carpet. The problem is from going externally, I could not find a suitable location to run the feedline into the engine compartment. Coming up from underneath was going to be too close to the hot headers, and that wasn't a good idea. Couldn't find a good place to bring it through the inner fender either by cutting a hole.

So I gave up and routed it inside. Ran it inside the wheel well covering/speaker panel in the back, the tucked it under the carpet, and along the bottom of the doorsill, up to the firewall and through the grommet by the PCM.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned

I ran mine under the carpet up to the hole in the floor behind the drivers seat. From there I ran it right beside the factory fuel lines all the way to the engine compartment. It is covered with the back wire loom to protect it. Wasn't sure if I needed to but it was cheap insurance.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Nitrous Direct has an install video on their website that shows a way to route the feedline under the car.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Cool thanks guys. I was thinking about running it inside the car to the gromet near the PCM but i've already got my 0/1 gauge power cable running through there for my amplifier. Feeding a nitrous feed line in there would be impossible without destroying the gromet. I didnt know about the hole under the driver seat. I'll look into that. Only bad thing is that I was sure I was going through the rubber plug under the spare tire that I already cut a hole in it to fit the nitrous line. O well lol i'm sure its really cheap to replace. Maybe I'll luck out and it'll use the same rubber plug as the one under the driver seat. Thanks for the feedback guys. Matt at HSW says the lines are stainless and dont require any protection (wire loom) but I think i'm going to go ahead and use some seeing as how parts of my install are stealthy already.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

I ran my 4an feed line along with 4 gauge for my amp and a half dozen other 12 gauge wires thru the pcm grommet no problem.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Brett H
I ran my 4an feed line along with 4 gauge for my amp and a half dozen other 12 gauge wires thru the pcm grommet no problem.
x2. 4 gauge amp wire, 4an main feed line, gauge sending unit wires and lots other fit nicely in there.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

i'll give it a shot. I just remember BARELY getting the power wire through with all the other stuff that was already in there. It would make for an easier install though since I already know the whereabouts to getting to that gromet.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

There's alot of room in that grommet, more than you'd expect. I've got about 8 18 ga. wires running through there, and a 10ga for the bottle heater from the battery, along with the feedline. It all fit ok, with more room to spare.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Hey guys, I tried running the Main Feed Line today but it looks like the line isn't long enough to go from my bottle (driver side) to the gromet (passenger side) back to my noid (central/driver side). Is there a gromet on the drivers side of the car? If not it looks like I'll be using the plug on the floor behind the drivers seat.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jakesz28
I ran mine under the carpet up to the hole in the floor behind the drivers seat. From there I ran it right beside the factory fuel lines all the way to the engine compartment. It is covered with the back wire loom to protect it. Wasn't sure if I needed to but it was cheap insurance.

Question for ya, when you run it through the plug in the floor, how hard was it to get a good seal? Did you just drill a hole big enough to fit the main line through and squeeze the ends through it? I think I'm probably going to have to go this route but I'm kinda worried about water gettin up through there and the carpet getting moldy.

Quick Reply: Requesting Main Nitrous Feed Line Routing Pics