Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going N2O today I need help from you big guns. Beer, Noyzee, hsw, DT, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Going N2O today I need help from you big guns. Beer, Noyzee, hsw, DT, etc...

Guys thanks for taking the time to read. I have browsed this area and have really considered N2O for about a year now. Over the time I have bought random things from the board. (Heater, Window switch, Purge) and now it is time to pull the trigger. On June 2nd Sacramento Raceway is hosting "Vette Magic drags". I want to spray for the event. While I eventually will get to a plate kit, finances have me looking at a Wet kit and later upgrading. I want this kit to be SAFE and if I can't do it in my budget I will not even try. So with that all said here is where I need some assistance.

Wideband AF- This is very important and will not be looked over. I am a huge fan of the Autometer Ultralite CF gauges. I already have the FP and Vacumn so the SF will replace the Vacumn. While normally I think these "bounce around" type of gauges are useless I have read that I can use a LM1 to convert the gauge to a proper reading. That all for $200 or a buddy told me about a converter he found that turns the gauge into a WB for a whooping $35. This converter goes from 1V to 5V and comes with a guide as to what point is where. Do you think this is totally useless and just get the LM1 or can I save a few bucks now and later "upgrade"???

Is a Vacumn gauge useful in ANY way when spraying?

Besides a FPSS and the wet kit what else should I consider?

Since eventually this kit will be converted over do I opt for the Single or duel nozzle?

I am pushing max 125hp and will more then likely stay with 100hp but like I said it needs to be SAFE. I am removing my front Pass. seat and the bottle will be next to me so a gauge and opener are not needed. Bottle will have a gauge. Thanks again for making this a safe transition for me. My new 3.42 and 3K stalled Vette will love it.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colder set of spark plugs and a bottle heater. On a 125 shot you can go with a single nozzle kit. Might want to run a RPM window switch so you don't have to monkey with the start RPM, figure you are going to spray through the shifts so you won't have to use the shut off point, unless you don't want the "wear & tear" of spraying through them.

Matt

Originally Posted by teddyca
Besides a FPSS and the wet kit what else should I consider?

Since eventually this kit will be converted over do I opt for the Single or duel nozzle?

I am pushing max 125hp and will more then likely stay with 100hp but like I said it needs to be SAFE. I am removing my front Pass. seat and the bottle will be next to me so a gauge and opener are not needed. Bottle will have a gauge. Thanks again for making this a safe transition for me. My new 3.42 and 3K stalled Vette will love it.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Matt it possibly will be your kit. Can I later convert the single nozzle to a plate system when the time comes? All the other stuff is already covered.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:49 PM
8 second mod

Bottle heater is a must. go to tr6 plugs, sigle noz should be fine, i like that windo switch, turns on when you want, shuts off between shifts. i put one in my vett, and my current install in my cousins car, yhea one in that to.
other then that you have the basics pretty well covered
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

I just did the HSW sudden impact wet kit on my 02 WS6 M6. Getting it all buttoned up tonight hopefully!

Thought I might ask now that I spent 5hrs changing the plugs... I gapped my TR6 plugs to .038. Is that where I should have them? The car seems to run fine with them there, but maybe a tiny bit sluggish than with the denso plugs I had in it before.

BTW, I opted for the BMN window switch and the bottle heater too. No FPS switch yet however. I think I'll be running the 100HP jets on it tonight for testing.

-Eagle
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Eagle02
I just did the HSW sudden impact wet kit on my 02 WS6 M6. Getting it all buttoned up tonight hopefully!

Thought I might ask now that I spent 5hrs changing the plugs... I gapped my TR6 plugs to .038. Is that where I should have them? The car seems to run fine with them there, but maybe a tiny bit sluggish than with the denso plugs I had in it before.

BTW, I opted for the BMN window switch and the bottle heater too. No FPS switch yet however. I think I'll be running the 100HP jets on it tonight for testing.

-Eagle
it took you 5 hours to change the plugs? did you use a can opener?
5 hours??
Old 05-02-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Noyzee
it took you 5 hours to change the plugs? did you use a can opener?
5 hours??
Stock manifolds and a bunch of clutter maybe... 5hrs is a long time though.

I converted my single nozzle to a plate using Dave's Plate conversion.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
Stock manifolds and a bunch of clutter maybe... 5hrs is a long time though.

I converted my single nozzle to a plate using Dave's Plate conversion.
holly hell, i had a car at my house monday it drove an hour to my house. i ripped the top end apart, swapped all 16 rockers cleand the push rods inspected everything, cleaned both sides put it back together, pulled plugs, compression test change oil, put back together in about 4 hours, and i ate dinner in between it was a street car with everything still under the hood, and a 98 at that with the horrible valve covers

5 hours for plugs
Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would just go the LM1 route, one of the best out there and so many features, check out their dedicated forum, mucho info on the lm1. It's what i run, however I still use the box and window mount for logging, later i will go gauge and put logger in glove box. going with HSW is a good choice, great products at reasonable prices. Check out my personal web sites in sig for some possible insight and/or ideas concerning the C5 and the giggle gas. keep us updated on your progress and results, plenty of C5 guys that are allways interested.
Robert
Old 05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you have it covered there teddy

Keep us posted
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I will keep you all posted. What is the difference in LM and LC. I can do the LC1 now, but will need so save up a little for the LM. That rear, tranny, and stall really broke the bank
Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

LM-1 just plugs into the cig lighter and mount the O2 and your good to go.. THe LC-1 you need to hard wire and either a lab top or a guage to read the AF ratio... I went LC-1 and bought a guage... Thanks Beer for the adapter plate!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Perfect- I have a gauge coming and a sweet *** laptop.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

The LM 1 is a more portable unit powered by cig lighter, and has better logging abilities (I may get this one next for tuning my truck and 73 Charger).

The LC-1 has a nasty rep as being a tough install. Your not supposed to use the same grounds for a couple ground wires etc. Took me a while but Dynotune and GLMS got me through it.

Both the instruction sets for the LC1 and LM1 are readily available at the Innovate site.

Beer
Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

FYI, my LC-1 is at Innovative right now gettin looked at. Damn thing has never worked. I tried different grounds, everything, still nothing.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by teddyca
Thanks guys. I will keep you all posted. What is the difference in LM and LC. I can do the LC1 now, but will need so save up a little for the LM. That rear, tranny, and stall really broke the bank
You really need to check the forum out and/or their site. what the LM1 can do is amazing and way to much to try and list. here's mine on the acc window mount. Like beer said, you can use it on anything if ya like. i have mine hard wired (no lighter to plug in and look ugly) so it comes on automatic when car starts and wiring is cleaner this way, you can also hide the whole thing and run a gauge, or log live and watch it on a laptop. Using it to tune my Harley also, on the spray of course and dry.

Robert
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
You really need to check the forum out and/or their site. what the LM1 can do is amazing and way to much to try and list. here's mine on the acc window mount. Like beer said, you can use it on anything if ya like. i have mine hard wired (no lighter to plug in and look ugly) so it comes on automatic when car starts and wiring is cleaner this way, you can also hide the whole thing and run a gauge, or log live and watch it on a laptop. Using it to tune my Harley also, on the spray of course and dry.

Robert
nice setup there
Old 05-04-2007, 07:43 AM
8 second mod

Robert, where did you get that computer mount. i think im going to do one to, that looks nice.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the LM-1 and other widebands usually or only really for dry systems? Is there a benefit to having one on a car without a dry shot or even nitrous at all?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Is the LM-1 and other widebands usually or only really for dry systems? Is there a benefit to having one on a car without a dry shot or even nitrous at all?

Not just for Nitrous anymore
Benefits? Absolutely, You can tune the car with it, no nitrous required.

Last edited by Beer99C5; 05-04-2007 at 10:45 AM.