Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going N2O today I need help from you big guns. Beer, Noyzee, hsw, DT, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the original poster wanting safety, is there any reason he'd need a wideband shutoff? If you go wet and jet it correctly and have a FPSS, why would you need the wideband?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

I would take the wideband any day over the FPSS seen to many people have problems with those damn switches, you will definitely want that window switch
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HataErasa
I would take the wideband any day over the FPSS seen to many people have problems with those damn switches, you will definitely want that window switch
So how do you control the n2o with the wide band if your using a wet kit?
Arent you waiting for the exaust gasses to be read? IF you do that and you lose fuel pressure somehow by the time the wb reads the failure you've already gone lean and turned a few rpms lean right? Where if with the fpss if the fuel pressure drop it shuts the n2o off instantly and hopefull you dont have a lean cycle or two? just asking whats the best way to do things ?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HataErasa
Only because people don't set them when they install them.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
So how do you control the n2o with the wide band if your using a wet kit?
Arent you waiting for the exaust gasses to be read? IF you do that and you lose fuel pressure somehow by the time the wb reads the failure you've already gone lean and turned a few rpms lean right? Where if with the fpss if the fuel pressure drop it shuts the n2o off instantly and hopefull you dont have a lean cycle or two? just asking whats the best way to do things ?
true story. The FPSS is more for catastrofic (spell) fuel system failure, a good idea, imo. You won't be reading the WB while making a pass so you won't be shutting down by watching for a problem.
Robert
Old 05-04-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Robert, where did you get that computer mount. i think im going to do one to, that looks nice.
here's the thread of all my install pics. there is a link I believe to the site I got it from, and a link to a thread at Z06 forum on how to install, as it's really for a F-body cause no one makes one for a vette.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/598482-new-install-pics-dial-up-beware.html
Robert