Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the guys that want to Know Why!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default For the guys that want to Know Why!!

Guys this post is for the guys that have asked me why our dedicateds cost more than other otions they have found that are cheap knock offs of our hard work and creative thinking. ( I do thank those guys for there support)

Every now and then we get a phone call that wants to know why our dedicateds cost more. Normally after explaining why they end up buying the unit from us anyways due to our customer service, quality, and having it in stock.

With all that said this post is for the guys that do not ask but are thinking it..

It cost money to add certain options and use certain materials. For instance when Nitrous Outlet decided to build and design the all in one dedicated fuel systems that people are building knock offs of. We spent alot of time and money going out on a lemb hoping its something that will actually pay off.
After going through the design process we had to have a CAD drawings done and then have the alluminum cut and broke. Then it had to go to the weld shop to be welded up. Then it has to be fully assembled. Making sure that the quality was top notch all the way.

The problem is that some people look at price before anything else to determain if something is the best quality possible. Some people see a price and if it better suits them it must be the best thing in the world...(those guys always end up spending more in the long run)

We decided not to market ourselfs for that crowd. Instead of being known as the cheapest company for parts. We want to be known as a company that gives you the BEST QUALITY possible for a fair price.

With that in mind when we design a product we shoot for the best from start to finish. The best parts, Best fitment, Best completness, and Best craftmanship.

On our dedicateds we do the following.

1. We use the best aluminum for the job!!! Our tanks can easily be polished, annodized and laser etched.

2. On some of our set ups we have to have custom fittings made for the best fitment possible. They are not off the shelf fittings....

3. Our welds are perfect!!! We pay very well to have the guy that welds these tanks up to give us the quality he does.

4. We did alot of research to come up with a fuel pump and regulater that would work well together and give us the adjustability to go from low to high pressure with just a simple spring change. We spent hours of research talking to manafactures to get flow limits and tech information to see what would work best. We ended up with a walboro High pressure pump and Aeromotive regulater. Aeromotive was not sure what we were doing would work well. So we spent the money and did the testing needed to be done to come up with the tech information we offer to our customers. We do not rely on someone else to do the hard work for us and then copy it!!!!!

5. Assembly, After everything is cut, broke, welded, etc. We fully assemble our units. All you have to do is bolt it in the dedicated cut to fit the hose, put the hose ends on, wire it in,adjust the fuel pressure and you are ready to go.

6. We use a special fitting and chimical to seal the fuel pump wires that come through the tank. This stuff will be there from years to come with out rotting and creating a possible fire hazard.

7. We try to keep all of our designs on the shelf.. Thats right we stock the units. Sometimes we do get behind trying to stay caught up with the orders comming in. But most of the time they are on the shelf. In order to try to stay above the orders we have to order ALOT of invatory to build the dedicated units.

8. We have 4 techs sitting by the phone all day long to help you when you need it most. So if you are in the middle of a install, on the dyno, at the track and have issues you can count on someone at Nitrous Outlet to answer the phone and help you through your problems.

All these things cost money. This has to be passed along to the customer. And you have to have room for profit if you are going to keep your front door open.

With all that said. You get what you pay for.
Shop by Price or shop by Quality and completness.

If you want to shop by quality and completness Nitrous Outlet may be the place for you.

Thank you guys for all your support. As usual we will be designing new creative products in the year of 07 to keep setting the Bar for everyone else to follow.
Dave

I will end this post showing off one design with the options of upgrades due to the quality of the materials we use..

Battery relocate Off the shelf finish.

Battery relocate Polished.

Battery Relocate Annodized and Laser Etched.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! You pay for what you get!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

annodized black is sex!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

very well said Dave
Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Customers come back for Quality over price 90% of the time. I have customers coming back all the time because they thought they could save a few bucks and then paid me to fix it the right way for them

All the reasons you listed are why we use and recommend your products on a regular basis. We won't fly the Colors for an inferior part!

Great Job!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All these are the reasons I plan to get my battery relocation fuel cell from you guys. You do amazing work and your support and help on this board proves it.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

While I did go with HSW for my cell I have ordered numerous parts from Nitrous Outlet and can say that their staff is top notch. I can call them during business hours if I have a problem and they give me a solution every-time without failure even if they don't profit from it.

And believe them on polishing the cell, it took a hella long time to polish my hsw cell...

-James
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
FormerVendor

Thank you guys for all the feed back.
I like the Black annodized as well. I would also like to try someother colors but no one has ordered one in a different color.
I can tell you the polished tank was poping though.. That sucker was shiny.... Using a great grade of aluminum makes this easier and creates a better out come.

Lythropus, Its amazing how many tech calls we take a day. Some do not have anything to do with our products but the customer can not get in contact with the company they bought there parts from or the company they bought them from does not have enough knowledge to answer there tech questions. With only 4 of us working tech and sales we are slamed all day long. I think that people enjoy having someone they can rely on when they need it most.

Ellis,
I see people spending more in the long run all the time because they chose the wrong path to start with. This is why I always suggest tunning out the price and focus on the quality and completness first. Then evaluate price. This normally works out to be the cheapest route in the long run. I would like to say we do appreciate your support and are proud to have dealers like you.

Dave
Old 05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

I think one of these is in near future. I have used Dave for a lot of n20 items and he has been VERY helpfull. Great job guys!! By the way, I sent you a pm Dave.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet

Ellis,
I see people spending more in the long run all the time because they chose the wrong path to start with. This is why I always suggest tunning out the price and focus on the quality and completness first. Then evaluate price. This normally works out to be the cheapest route in the long run. I would like to say we do appreciate your support and are proud to have dealers like you.

Dave
You said that in your GMHTP article and it couldn't be more true.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

Default Vette fuel system

I installed mine yesterday, took 5 minutes, fit is perfect.
Thanks Dave, for this quality piece of work.

still have to run feed line and wire it up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Dave this one really needs a black lid..
Old 05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have one of Daves dedicateds fuel systems and it's by far better then what i've seen. good job Dave
Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you guys have one for a GTO?

do I have to relocate the bat to do it?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine from Dave. You truly do get what you pay for, quality and support. This system truly is plug 'n play and ridiculously easy and quick to install.
Plus, I think if you're cheap enough to skimp on something as important as your fuel system, you shouldnt be spraying at all...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
do you guys have one for a GTO?

do I have to relocate the bat to do it?
Yes,
We have a GTO Dedicated now. I have been meaning to post pics and info but I have been really busy. The complete 05 to 06 GTO dedicated mounts on the passenger side fender and it runs 750.00
I will be posting up more info and pics by the end of this comming week.
Thanks
Dave
Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for all the complements guys....

Steve how is your car comming?
Dave
Old 05-13-2007, 01:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

I have not ever delt with the other nitrous companys out there because nitrous outlet was the first one I ordered from. They have gone out of there way time and time again to get things fixed even if it wasnt there product causing the problem. If they didnt know the anwser, they would find it and call you back, that says a lot now a days. They are straight up and stand behind there products 100%. I couldnt tell you if they are cheapest on nitrous because I dont care, when I call them I know I am going to get taken care of and get a top notch product thats works really well and thats all that matters to me. Keep it up Dave.

Lorenz
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 AM
FormerVendor

Lorenz, Thanks for the kind words. We try our best to make sure that our customer service is top notch backed with the most knowledge possible and the best quality on the market.

We appriciate your support and reconize how lucky we are to have customers suchj as your self.
Dave
Old 10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

We have added quite a few new dedicateds to our line up. Not all of them are here but most are. Check them out.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=73&dept=11

We still need to add the C6 Corvette, And 04 GTO to our site for example.
Dave