Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxed out coils need big nos users help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:41 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maxed out coils need big nos users help!!!

Okay guys this is whats going on.We went to the track the other night and we are getting a not so happy motor when on the bottle.We made are first run with a 24 nos jet in the fogger and the car just had a little unhappy feeling in it when we made the pass.It feels like its surging and its not poping.Know we put a little bit bigger shot in it because everything looked good when we pulled the car back( plugs egt temp) And the car feels good on the hit and when it trys to rev it just struggles very unhappy.Im just wondering if i maxed out my stock coils,i don't have the truck coils but i was getting prices and there not that much less then the msds.fire away on problems to check but im thinking my high compression 408 on the bottle is not happy with the spark plus the coils are old.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:16 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it was ingnition wouldnt you get a lot of unburned fuel? I would think the logs would show the A/F richer than all hell and a low EGT
Old 05-19-2007, 10:25 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by koolrayz
if it was ingnition wouldnt you get a lot of unburned fuel? I would think the logs would show the A/F richer than all hell and a low EGT
My wideband saids 9.10 afr most all the time and my egts stay around 1200 no matter what i do.But when you pull the plugs they are not bad but the tip is crusty and there is no heat ring on the eletrode of the plug almost like the spark is blown out.The first set of plugs were gaped at 35 and the surge was pretty bad and then we put another set in gaped at 28 and it was better but still not right.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure you checked all the normal stuff, like bad bottle fill, nitrous noid working correctly and the such? yea, she's running a little rich, but the EGT didn't show any temp difference from normal a/f temps?
Robert
Old 05-19-2007, 01:33 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am sure you checked all the normal stuff, like bad bottle fill, nitrous noid working correctly and the such? yea, she's running a little rich, but the EGT didn't show any temp difference from normal a/f temps?
Robert
Yea i fill all my own bottles and change them out every pass with fresh hot ones.we also pull the car back and pull plugs every pass.We checked the noids to make sure there working but how would you know if there opening all the way.BTW even if you hit the second stage it feels like nothing is happening and these are two diffrent kits.I just never seen a plug look the way mine are lookin.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we never had any problems with coils on any of our cars
Old 05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldn't bank on it being the coils. I've never heard of a nitrous lsx maxing those out.

You said it surges but the wideband shows a consistant number? Those two don't usually go together. I would guess it's a fuel issue or the kit isn't staying on if you think it's surging.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:18 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by next
I wouldn't bank on it being the coils. I've never heard of a nitrous lsx maxing those out.

You said it surges but the wideband shows a consistant number? Those two don't usually go together. I would guess it's a fuel issue or the kit isn't staying on if you think it's surging.
Ok we were talking and when we start the car the cooling system is getting to much pressure on warm up.Were going to retorque the heads on my motor. Ive had it o ringed and with copper gasskets.Im thinking it is possible we did not get a good heat cycle before it was retorque in on the motor and its eating water under a load because were very low.I will find out tommorow.