Sponsored by:

Dryshot in cone filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:27 PM
.T.
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dryshot in cone filter

We just set up my DynotuneNitrous dry 50-100 kit in my truck and ran the nozle dead center into the end of the cone filter. Nozzle is 90' angle spray.
Is it better be spraying straight at the MAF? It's @ 8" to the MAF from the nozzle.
Also, is there a chance of freezing up the MAF screen with that much distance?
Thx
Old 05-19-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not good. See the dry nozzle placement thread down a few threads.
Robert
Old 05-19-2007, 07:51 PM
.T.
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Robert56
Not good. See the dry nozzle placement thread down a few threads.
Robert
K.
So if my reading comprehension serves... spray it straight and descreen the MAF.

...and MAFs don't freeze...

Last edited by .T.; 05-19-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Teching In

I've been told you can just cut the deflector off the end of the 90* nozzle, but that puts you about 6-7" from the maf. Let me know how you a/f is. I have the same filter and had thought about getting a SS nozzle and extending it to about 5" from the maf.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should have went with this.... There is a thread oin the truck section that shows how big of a difference there is from a cut off nozzle going to this. It will work better than any nozzle!!!
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1214
Dave
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by adown
I've been told you can just cut the deflector off the end of the 90* nozzle, but that puts you about 6-7" from the maf. Let me know how you a/f is. I have the same filter and had thought about getting a SS nozzle and extending it to about 5" from the maf.
That should work fine.
Robert
Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
.T.
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You should have went with this.... There is a thread oin the truck section that shows how big of a difference there is from a cut off nozzle going to this. It will work better than any nozzle!!!
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1214
Dave
I considered buying that nozel. I didn't do it because there were no installation instructions or pix of it installed on the web site. I'm still not sure about how it would mount to the cone or how the line connects from the solenoid. I will search out that thread, thx!

Adown- I'll definately let you know. Prolly gonna get it dialed in on the dyno by Slowhawk down at Dez's just to make sure it's right-n-tight. And, I like to know what the gains really are with each mod. Hopefully, I'll have graphs by the end of the week.

***EDIT***
I found the thread ND mentioned, if you're interested, it's here

Last edited by .T.; 05-21-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
FormerVendor

It simply pokes through the filter end. The multi discharge completely fills the filter area. The lie will screw onto the end poking through.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...ht=cone+nozzle

This is the same design that makes our Halo systems so much better than a nozzle.
Dave
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 AM
.T.
TECH Resident

Dave- Thanks for the lead to that thread. I'm ordering this today for my cone and will dyno it against the stock 90' dry nozzle I have.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Cool, Let me know if you need any tech help at all.
I am certain you will like it. Everyone else has.
Dave
Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Came to make another thread, but saw this and figured it would be a good place to ask: (Dont know if it will be found way at the back here)

Will spraying through the MAF only, (with this type of filter nozzle) direct the MAF to send enough increased fuel to the engine? or do you still need to tap the pressure into the fuel pressure unit?

Asking because I want to put a dry system on the wifes '05 miata (no *****) and it has a return-less fuel system.

Thanks from the N2Onewbie
Old 05-23-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

At first i thought the tube style dry hit would be the answer to for dry users. Still a somewhat innovative product. However, it's like the dry kits that have you put the nozzle in a certain location (usually to far away), no tuning except for going into the pcm to correct a/f. Like the guy that put it into his cone filter and ended up with a starting 10.5:1 a/f, too rich. he wants to alter his PE multiplier, not good, cause his n/a a/f to be way lean, way to much to change needed to use this method. Some start with a lean a/f, samething no way to correct this except the pcm. This is why i have been preaching the dry dual nozzle and 3 to 4 inches from MAF, you can dial in your a/f by nozzle tuning. Then you can make slight adjustments with the PE multiplier which will really not effect your n/a tune. Also, when you have the spray starting so far from the MAF, most will have a lean spike. Close to MAF the computer reacts in milla seconds and no lean spike what so ever. There is a nozzle placement thread that goes into detail on this, and I can link it if anyone wants some insight.
Robert
Old 05-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Thanks Robert, the link you mentioned would be some good reading if you could post it.

So basically do you have to hook up the fuel pressure switch as well? Or just spray through the MAF to trick the pcm into upping the injector duty cycle to keep up with the dry shot? Seems a little hit and miss with getting the right af ratio this way... But would be a nice simple system if it worked.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1forest1
Thanks Robert, the link you mentioned would be some good reading if you could post it.

So basically do you have to hook up the fuel pressure switch as well? Or just spray through the MAF to trick the pcm into upping the injector duty cycle to keep up with the dry shot? Seems a little hit and miss with getting the right af ratio this way... But would be a nice simple system if it worked.
The FPSS? this is for safety, if you have a drop in fuel pressure it will shut the n2o down, so yes use one. It ahs no bearing on the MAF.
here's the link,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20
Robert
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Question nitrous question

i just bought a used dry kit and i want to install it in my 98 z28. where should i put the nozzle?is there some pictures anywere? thanks guy's
Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chris572
i just bought a used dry kit and i want to install it in my 98 z28. where should i put the nozzle?is there some pictures anywere? thanks guy's
Nozzle Location Thread
Robert

Quick Reply: Dryshot in cone filter