Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black car + hot weather + full bottle =?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I heard that not purging your system when you close the bottle leaves pressure on the nitrous noid and that can lead to premature failure...

besides at 1/8 pound per purged 4an line, that means if you use your nitrous 8 times (small 100 shot and you might get 8 runs) you will be able to purge it out every time and only waste 1 pound! That's only 4 bucks where I live and even getting ripped off it's only 7 dollars...You should really not be spraying unless you can afford a built engine if you blow yours let alone 7 bucks...
its more cost effective to get a new solenoid then wasting nitrous unless the solenoid releases the nitrous. i doubt they fail due to psi, if so then it should be an o ring change. if its the parts quality then i know of valves used that handle much more psi but i'm not sure if they can handle the nitrous itself but i don't want to say what they are because i don't want to hurt nitrous sales nor do i know if they work for sure on this application. and i'm not willing to test my theory even though they are priced like nitrous solenoids.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FootLbs
I'm curious if anyone has been IN the car when the disk goes pop...
i would jump in my car and start inhaling as much as i can so it doesn't all go to waste.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caliswangin916
i would jump in my car and start inhaling as much as i can so it doesn't all go to waste.
lets hope you aren't running nitrous plus with that sulphur ****, cuz that might be unpleasant
Old 06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

so only a few people ever had a problem? I'd really like to know driving a black on black car with a black painted bottle in the spare tire area...
Old 06-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Launching!

A friend of mine has a red C5 coupe with black interior his was mounted in the hatch and it was a black bottle. On a 90^ day right after a fill he came out to his windows frosted. He still thinks it was just a bad rupture disk.

Quick Reply: Black car + hot weather + full bottle =?