Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

715 Rwhp Stock Bottom End Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, i agree, not happening dude. Why didnt you want to race 02NBMWS6? Its a simple answer. Because you would have got worked. His car is a solid mid 10 second car, and thats with proof via timeslips, not some dyno queen numbers. A good saying I have is "Put up or shutup" Sounds like your on the back end of that guy eh?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Track #'s please! MPH will tell what kinda power it has.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
We Are At The Shop Where He HAs His Ride And It Has 42 Jets In The Nitrous

Im sure it does now. after i told him it neede 42 jets. Look its cool if you made 7XX on a stock bottom end But for the last time ITS NTO A 150 SHOT UINLESS IT MAKES 150 MORE!

Either the kits broke and has a leak or the jets are wrong. IF you continue to spray it @ 12.5 we woun't have to argue any more it will POP
Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 AM

Isn't this kit rated at 900psi? 1200psi will pick up a lot more. But I would imagine it would have gone WAY lean since fuel pressure stayed the same.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:10 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NEVER ENOUGH
Isn't this kit rated at 900psi? 1200psi will pick up a lot more. But I would imagine it would have gone WAY lean since fuel pressure stayed the same.
We have tried 900 to 1200 in 50 psi incriments and seen VERY little change in HP numbers.

BS on this guys car picking up 320hp on a 150 shot
Old 07-02-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Veteran

OK guys....someone thats not so experianced gives his car to someone to dyno it on a dyno thats different than the standard we tend to use...the tune is obviously off, the bottle pressure was very very high etc etc.

Obviously we all know that a 150 shot will NEVER pick up nearly 300 hp without some type of malfunction. So IMO chalk this up to the many many differences and issues.

But its not unconceivable that the poster believes it considering his inexperiance.

But the bottom line is you will NEVER show a 300 hp gain from TRUE 150 jets unless there are issues with the dyno..or there is actually MORE nitrous flowing than a 150 shot.

I have made alot of dyno runs....and seen alot of different combos. The only radical increases over NA I have ever really seen is when that NA motor is deficient in some manner...generally in head flow/or port size. Too large ports that may lose 20-30 hp NA but pick that back up when on a large shot. But this doesnt seem the case here.

And when I have dynoed different setups that are performing well NA..the HP increase is ALWASY proportional to nitrous flow (assuming the tunes are close).
In other words....you may see 4-5% difference between nozzles and cams and heads etc...but the rise in HP is always very close and determined solely by nitrous flow. And by nitrous flow I mean weigh the damn bottle before and after a run and calculate ACTUAL nitrous flow. Going by jet size ALONE is meanigless. Jet sizes are one factor in overall flow from a kit.

In this case I suspect he was flowing quite a bit MORE nitrous than a 150 shot AND the dyno was not too accurate.

There is no magic combo that will ever get you 300 shot from an actual 150...ever.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
man, you told me yesterday when i offered to come down to race after i heard your numbers that i could "beat you in neutral" bc you had pulled the cradle and motor. wtf?

Pick up your phone for one. Come on down tonight and see the car. The motor that I said was out is my 408 from the 2002 and I was supposed to do the motor swap out of the 2001 in it right after the dyno day. I was unable to because of everyone coming over to look at parts at the shop and talk so I went to start on it on sunday because i had to have the car done before monday and out of the shop. I was unable to because I took the suspension out of mine put it into Louis SS and worked with a guy that was having trouble with his STS turbo kit in his c6 vette. I also got a biuld sheet together for another guy that Im doing his motor for so everything that took place happend and I was at about 10 pm and didnt have enough time to swap a motor into another car and take the heads, push rods, exhaust, trans, clutch and all of the other stuff off and put the other one. I will be down here to put it back on the dyno and video it so everyone can see that there is only 150 jetting in it. If you want to do a race. I want to get the cars weighed at a sertified scale and then put the same gas in it and do it from the same speed and to the same RPM cut off not your 6800 with my stock bolts, rods and bolts. If you want to say that you have tried to call me out and I would never show, I thought that you were going to come down on sat. I even called and talked to your mom. Then also the last time that I was going to OC. I couldn't get a hold of you. Not saying that you are making excuses and stuff just that I have tried to get together and run them. Come on down today and I will be there at about 620 or 630 pm at JBA. Come down and hang out and will run the cars and get a bite to eat.
HAIGHTER
Old 07-02-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Guys...No more discussion of setting up races. If you want to discuss callouts and races there are other sections for that. This section is strictly for nitrous tech. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Launching!

For all I know the dyno is wrong. I dont care if it is or is not. I think that the only way to find out is to run them. I will be the first person to say that Im not the best driver, I like to drive my car on the street because it is my DD and have only went and raced once on a track and it was at Qualcom and that is an 1/8 mile and is in a parking lot. I did it when I had only a cam and exhaust on my car and my times sucked. I have been wanting to take my car to Barona and havent because I don't have slicks and also a helmet. I just got the car done on April 28th of this year and work some 55+ hour a week. I took it to the dyno to see what kind of numbers I could get with my set up and THIS IS WHAT THE DYNO SAID THAT I GOT. I posted all the stats and am not lying about anything that I have done to the car. I will have video of it tonight and will show you the jets that are in it after the run is done so you will believe me that I have only 150 jetting in the car. Anyone that wants to come and watch is welcome. It is at JBA in San Diego and their number is 858 495 3395.
HAIGHTER
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
But the bottom line is you will NEVER show a 300 hp gain from TRUE 150 jets unless there are issues with the dyno..or there is actually MORE nitrous flowing than a 150 shot.
I see what you are saying, but the debate is, will a 150 with that extra psi produce those #'s...

I can see it getting at least 225rwhp gain from the 150 because TNT kits are already underrated ~25rwhp, and remember this is an F2 kit with dual nozzles and the gains from the extra psi would be ~2x's compared to a single nozzle. We will see though like haighter said.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If this is the same TNT kit I had, which is looks similar. There are 2 nitrous jets and 2 fuel jets. (One nitrous and one fuel jet on the right and one nitrous and one fuel jet on the left side). Therefore 150 shot on the left and 150 shot on the right for a total of 300 shot. Look at his pictures, post #28.
Makes since he can make close to 300 rwhp with the TNT ring.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

jet sizes for tnt power ring are 25/46 fuel/N02 for 150 shot. that is 25/46 jets in both nozzles. 75 shot per nozzle.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
We Are At The Shop Where He HAs His Ride And It Has 42 Jets In The Nitrous
That is a 150rwhp shot on a TNT kit dual nozzle.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by haighter
If you want to do a race. I want to get the cars weighed at a sertified scale and then put the same gas in it and do it from the same speed and to the same RPM cut off not your 6800 with my stock bolts, rods and bolts.
ive got stock rods and bolts? why is it ok for me but not you? run what you brung?? also, i have a life and a job, and i dont sit and wait for my phone to ring all day. im not ignoring you.

I wanted to run you, and it never worked out. whatever, no big deal. i mainly didnt come on Sat bc you told me you wouldnt be dynoing bc you had your numbers and were taking the car apart or something along those lines. I had no other reason to go down there after that. when it didnt work out that morning, i wasnt too disappointed.

when i get out of work today, im going home and im sitting on my ***. im not gonna rush to get my bottle filled, then drive to get my comp flashed, then drive 1.5 hrs one way to meet you then go find a scale, then set my window switch to your liking etc etc. its not that important to me. i was even willing to do it yesterday, but you told me that it was impossible, and that i could "beat you in neutral" bc you had started tearing it down. i asked you what you started with, and you told me you had dropped the cradle. Now its apparently possible again, i mustve grossly misunderstood you.

in any event, if you keep your car together and want to meet sometime, cool. if it doesnt work out, oh well. ive got nothing to prove here, just wanted to see how our cars ran together, and also give you a chance to judge your cars performance against a car with proven track results.

like i said when you first told me your numbers, congrats! your car is strong no doubt about that. get your a/f issue worked out if youre gonna keep running it that way.

no hard feelings on my part, **** just hasnt worked out and its not worth jumping through hoops for me as i have nothing to gain here. not trying to start anything over this. PM me if youre serious about setting something up and we can make it happen.

Mods, i apologize for the rant. we'll keep it to pm's from now on
Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
I see what you are saying, but the debate is, will a 150 with that extra psi produce those #'s...

I can see it getting at least 225rwhp gain from the 150 because TNT kits are already underrated ~25rwhp, and remember this is an F2 kit with dual nozzles and the gains from the extra psi would be ~2x's compared to a single nozzle. We will see though like haighter said.

Well then its not a true 150 set of jets. Its flowing 275 worth of nitrous. Also...the number on the outside of the jets mean very little. You really need to measure the inside diameter of a jet. Jets are mislabled, drilled, wore out etc etc all the time.

If you are gaining 275 from a hit of juice...its flowing 275 worth of nitrous. Doesnt matter WHY its flowing 275 worth of nitrous...it just is.

So saying that you get 275 hp from 150 jets and being pleased about it is all wrong anyways...no matter how you look at it. The kit flows as a whole. Larger lines, dual lines, dual nozzles, larger noid orifice, higher pressure, innacurate jets...whatever ITS FLWOING 275 WORTH OF JUICE if the dyno is accurate.

I know I would be more than PISSED if I actually stuck the recomended 150 shot jets and got a 275 out of it. Thats unacceptable IMO and dangerous to boot. Do you think there is any difference between getting an innacuratly flowing kit with "supposed" 150 jets in it and getting 275 total and taking an accurately flowing kit and putting a 275 shot on it? Of course not...they are BOTH FLOWING THE SAME AMOUNT OF JUICE

I for one would rather have an accurate setup that gives me the gains I ask for. If I want an extra 150 hp that what I want! If I want an extra 275 then I expect 275 hp gains! A surprise of 145 EXTRA hp is in no way a good thing.

I have no idea what the fascination is with people putting in a certain size shot and being so excited when they gain 10-15-20-150 more HP than what the kit sais you should. Does anyone think that extra HP is free as far as wear and tear on the engine? or Tuning requirements? Of course it isnt. The name of the game with nitrous is CONTROL! If you dont have control...your screwed. Getting 275 from a 150 is lack of control IMO and just plain dumb!

First thing I would do with those jets if they are verified to make the 275 HP is label them as a 275 shot...lol. I see guys running around all the time saying "im making 175 hp with a 150 shot!" Wooptie ****....your spraying a 175 shot! The jets are a small part of the total package. It somehow makes those people feel safer that they are gaining much more than what the jets say. When the reality is very different.

This whole arguement from begining to end is rediculous because it shows our ignorance on the specifics of nitrous oxide and its use. Old legends and wives tales die hard.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
9 Second Club

I'm pulling the flag also theres something that's not being told
Old 07-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Teching In

I work for JBA and the dyno runs are real as I saw them with my own eyes. The bottle pressure was at 1200+psi and CJ is coming back on Thursday for more dyno pulls where he will take out his jets after the dyno pulls.

I have seen TNT kits rated at 150 put down 190rwhp with 1000psi. So at 1200+ it for sure could make more power. Also on the dyno pulls prior to this his AFR was in the low 11's and this time they were in the 12's. I am not saying anything more than the car does have the stock bottom end and it did make 715rwhp & 757rwtq on the dyno.

We also had a 427ci Vette that put down 520rwhp and he normally makes 550rwhp so maybe our dyno is reading low.

CJ's key is only spraying to 6200 on the stock bottom end.

Dustin at JBA
Old 07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
9 Second Club

Still ain't buying this one....... And even if he pulls out the jets and they are what he says they are that still doesn't mean that the jets haven't been messed with, drilled, or whatever. Something still ain't adding up, a little bit of extra bottle pressure is not gonna make close to 300hp on a 150hp kit!!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
Still ain't buying this one.......
Same here. Something's fishy.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by H&C 99Z
I work for JBA and the dyno runs are real as I saw them with my own eyes. The bottle pressure was at 1200+psi and CJ is coming back on Thursday for more dyno pulls where he will take out his jets after the dyno pulls.

I have seen TNT kits rated at 150 put down 190rwhp with 1000psi. So at 1200+ it for sure could make more power. Also on the dyno pulls prior to this his AFR was in the low 11's and this time they were in the 12's. I am not saying anything more than the car does have the stock bottom end and it did make 715rwhp & 757rwtq on the dyno.

CJ's key is only spraying to 6200 on the stock bottom end.

Dustin at JBA
Are you serious?

Glad your not working on or tuning my car

Quick Reply: 715 Rwhp Stock Bottom End Ws6