Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Direct BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Direct BEWARE

I would just like to tell you guys what happened when I ordered from nitrous direct:

I ordered a dual stage nitrous kit on May 29th 2007. I thought it was strange that no email was sent saying that my package was sent. The only thing I received was a payment conformation. About 2 weeks later I wondered where the kit was so I called to ask for a tracking number. Well, the first time I called I was told they would call me back that day, and tell me what was going on with my order.

Well I waited… and waited and no one ever called back.

I called 2 days later and I was told that they were shipping it that day. So again I waited for my package….

NOTHING CAME!!!

I sent at least 10 emails and received ZERO replies

A MONTH after I ordered I called again. This time I requested that they cancel my order and have the $904 refunded. The guy I talked to (Scott), quickly stated that they would cancel my order then hung up on me. Well about a week after that I noticed that the $904.00 WAS NOT refunded to my account. So I called again, and was again hung up on.

It has now been 6 weeks and I STILL do not have my nitrous kit and I do not have my $904

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD WARN YOU GUYS
Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the warning. Thats crazy! Did you call your CC company yet? Keep us up to date please. Hopefully youll get it resolved.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

That sux. Scott was pretty helpful when I bought my kit from them. I even had to call him a couple of times with some tech issues. They did kinda P me off when I sent them a noid and didn't call me or send it back. After about 3 weeks, I called them and they claimed they had no idea who sent it in. (they lost the paper I sent in with it). A couple days later they sent me a new noid.
Hope this works out for you soon.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

i always thought their products were second rate, and now their service matches that of which they sell
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get it resolved soon. I would go to the cc company next. I'm glad that stuff like this gets posted so other people don't get ripped the same way. I had a problem with RPM outlet for a $2500 order. It was hell, but once the CC company got involved, things came my way rather quickly. Let us know how you make out.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by bonestockz06
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get it resolved soon. I would go to the cc company next. I'm glad that stuff like this gets posted so other people don't get ripped the same way. I had a problem with RPM outlet for a $2500 order. It was hell, but once the CC company got involved, things came my way rather quickly. Let us know how you make out.
I payed with a visa debit card. You think they can do anything?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had similar problems with them earlier this year.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by siexyy55
I payed with a visa debit card. You think they can do anything?

Call visa and tell them you haven't recieved the products and they will probably file it fraud. They will most likely temporarly give you the money until the investigate it further. I had a similar situation happen to myself recently.

Chad
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Should have used Nitrous Dave................he's always been great to work with and never a problem. Sorry to hear this.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

I was gonna order Nitrous Direct a couple years back...w/ Robert being Scotts right hand man them days...

Then Jamnutz told me all about the history of Cold Fusion and Scott, and was very convincing when I was fixin to order online from the ship...Jamnutz suggested Dynotune and Nitrous Outlet, I exchanged some emails and PM's with them and built my current system. Later in the year I used Matt at HSW for some new injectors and custom hoses.

In the meantime Scott was PM'ing me telling me false stupid stuff about other vendors on the site...Jamnutz was right about Scotts character and motives...(Glad I listened to him!).

The rest is history

Happy customer of Dean@DynoTune, Dave@Nitrous Direct, and Matt@HSW.

It amazes me that Scott is still a forum vendor at some of the other sites still...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I thought I could help the guy out, but was allways doing damage control. Gave up my mod position to help this guy. For those who don't know, I finally quit. My integrity stands unaffected. The lead post acts as a beacon to all.
Robert
Old 07-12-2007, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

I was actually thinking of ordering from them too. But thanks to this I WILL NOT be ordering from them. Thank you for the warning.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a cold fusion dual stage plate kit sitting in my garage.... and due to their customer service... I'm seriously thinking about selling it before it ever gets hooked up. I mounted the bottle brackets and the main feed line and mocked the kit up to see where everything would sit........ but in fear there's ever a problem, I dunno if I even want to use it at this point.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 AM
8 second mod

cold fussion product are not bad, nitrous directs service is, well.

i leave that alone.

good luck with your collection, and i would aim towards getting your money back.
i redid my intire direct port when i got it from them
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Beer99C5]
Happy customer of, Dave@Nitrous Direct, .

QUOTE]

You mean Nitrous Outlet?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cliff
Should have used Nitrous Dave................he's always been great to work with and never a problem. Sorry to hear this.

word +1 for dave and crew
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I would just like to tell you guys what happened when I ordered from nitrous direct:

I ordered a dual stage nitrous kit on May 29th 2007. I thought it was strange that no email was sent saying that my package was sent. The only thing I received was a payment conformation. About 2 weeks later I wondered where the kit was so I called to ask for a tracking number. Well, the first time I called I was told they would call me back that day, and tell me what was going on with my order.

I called 2 days later and I was told that they were shipping it that day. So again I waited for my package….

NOTHING CAME!!!

A MONTH after I ordered I called again. This time I requested that they cancel my order and have the $904 refunded. The guy I talked to (Scott), quickly stated that they would cancel my order then hung up on me. Well about a week after that I noticed that the $904.00 WAS NOT refunded to my account. So I called again, and was again hung up on.

It has now been 6 weeks and I STILL do not have my nitrous kit and I do not have my $904

Go figure, that really does suck.

Its sad to see a company sucking at the belly of the nitrous community like this. Fly by night, get rich, bottom feeding people like that should just be shot or at least dropped off in the middle of the ocean. This gives everyone a bad feel about any new nitrous company.

Get ahold of your CC people let them know the steps you have taken to rectify the problem. Even Debit cards companies can do charge backs.

Ricky
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Go figure, that really does suck.

Its sad to see a company sucking at the belly of the nitrous community like this. Fly by night, get rich, bottom feeding people like that should just be shot or at least dropped off in the middle of the ocean. This gives everyone a bad feel about any new nitrous company.

Get ahold of your CC people let them know the steps you have taken to rectify the problem. Even Debit cards companies can do charge backs.

Ricky
Hey theres no need to sugar coat your thoughts, why don't you tell us how you really feel.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry to hear about your problems with them. It's sad, there have been other threads posted with customer complaints and slander, but they always get deleted. Hopefully since they are no longer a sponsor this one won't be and it might help out someone else.

Matt

NOTHING CAME!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

dont you find it funny that knowone from nitrous direct has chimed in yet?