Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flip a switch to a nitrous tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default flip a switch to a nitrous tune?

my tuner said that he could wire my car to flip a switch and it would automatically tune the car for the nitrous, by dumping 30 percent more fuel in for the dry kit...... i was wondering if anyone has heard of this and what you guys think?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check out the wet vs dry thread for insight on how to properly get your dry hit set-up. You should never need to dump 30% more fuel from with in the PCM, that would mean a bad set-up and a band-aid fix.
Robert
Old 07-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emoney97ss
my tuner said that he could wire my car to flip a switch and it would automatically tune the car for the nitrous, by dumping 30 percent more fuel in for the dry kit...... i was wondering if anyone has heard of this and what you guys think?
haha, was this at wotperformance?? if so, it is true. I believe he got the idea from my car. Jesse from efilive did it for me. all i had to do after i got the ecu was run a pin into it and wire it into my nitrous switch. you can see it on the tables. when it is active,(3000+) it dumps 30% more fuel. pretty trick. If you arent going with WOTperformance, then you should be. He has a really good relationship with efilive.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camaro4me
haha, was this at wotperformance?? if so, it is true. I believe he got the idea from my car. Jesse from efilive did it for me. all i had to do after i got the ecu was run a pin into it and wire it into my nitrous switch. you can see it on the tables. when it is active,(3000+) it dumps 30% more fuel. pretty trick. If you arent going with WOTperformance, then you should be. He has a really good relationship with efilive.
Yes EFI can do this, however, a correction factor of 30% means someone does not know how to do the intitial set-up of the system. You should only need to make minor additions. Actually, you should have a fuel curve that makes it richer at your torque peak, then lean out a tad from there to redline. 30% across the board is just wrong? I would like to see the a/f graph? and nozzle style/placement?
Robert
Old 07-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Launching!

^^ i run the halo bar for even distrubution. the 30% is there so that u only need to use that extra fuel when the nitrous is activated at 3k. when the nitrous isnt activated, you are running on stock fuel trim. its pretty cool.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

i will get you an AF graph next week robert. i am going back to the dyno. i dont have my old graph anymore
Old 07-14-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah exactly how did you know... did it work out good for you?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Launching!

worked out great. i am going back this week hopefully. if you like i can let you know when if you want to see first hand how it works. i figured it was him because i was just there 3 weeks ago and i am pretty sure i was the first one that jesse at efilive did that for. not sure though
Old 07-15-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

i have a efi live tune and their is no way we add 30% more-

we spread it across the board- it took 6 hours to do-so spend the time to spread it across the board-

u might even pick up hp-if not u know its been done good-

to much fuel is not that good for nitrious-just enough is good-can't over do it-
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^ i run the halo bar for even distrubution. the 30% is there so that u only need to use that extra fuel when the nitrous is activated at 3k. when the nitrous isnt activated, you are running on stock fuel trim. its pretty cool.
The point is, your way lean from the get go, not optimum, and the need to add 30% more fuel proves this. But I guess if it works for ya then that's cool. The Halo, like the nozzles that are to far from MAF will often run lean, esp on the smaller hits.
Robert
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by njc.corp
i have a efi live tune and their is no way we add 30% more-

we spread it across the board- it took 6 hours to do-so spend the time to spread it across the board-

u might even pick up hp-if not u know its been done good-

to much fuel is not that good for nitrious-just enough is good-can't over do it-
You need EFI Live Cos 5. It has a nitrous fuel table that you can add additional fuel per rpm all away across the board, or only where you need it and only comes into play while spraying. My opinion on this, with good loction of nozzles, we'll only need minimal adjustments, but it certainly can fix less than good loctions and the Halo.

Robert
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 07-15-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so is this a good method to use... or are you guys saying with a good nozzly location no one would need to use this?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Both can be fine. So, with proper nozzle placement, and a WB, on a smaller shot, no computer program needed. Also, if ya run another tuner program, then nozzle placement becomes more important. If you plan on buying a tuner program, and are thinking dry, then EFI Live COS 5 might be the answer. I get a relative a/f throught out the entire rpm range and no lean spikes, with proper nozzle style/placement, and run HP Tuner with a nice n/a a/f. Also, the new product coming must be mentioned as it will basiclly null all the past tuning concerning a/f. But that's all I can say at this point.
Robert
Old 07-15-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was thinking of running the halo an then using the efi live, im sort of confused right now.... i'm about to install my heads, cam, and clutch... but if i'm going that far into it why not go with a set of forged pistons and light rods?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I still dont understand what the additional 30% of fuel is for unless we are talking about a car tuned in SD or if spraying behind the MAF in the airstream.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats kind of what i was thinking... i don't if you add 30% when you spray does it add even more fuel when the dry hits the maf....
Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

If its 30% then i imagine its after the MAF.

Im getting ready to run a dry DP kit and im going to use COS5 to tune it and will probably have to pull in more than 30% more fuel when i spray it.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Launching!

contact jesse at efilive, he can fully explain all of the benefits of it. ford guys and also lt1 cars run seperate operating systems just like this with great results

Quick Reply: flip a switch to a nitrous tune?