Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up with the big dawgs??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just a pup here maybe one day I'll become a big dog. Still waiting on my ET Heads to arrive. Last time out many moons ago car was 2900lbs race weight. After more weight removal and drag brakes she will probably close to 2750-2800lbs race weight. LME solid roller 408 is done and it will have alot of gas on it.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

small pit bull here about to under go a cam swapp. If all goes well it should get into the 9's on spray with all the recent changes. No big dog here by any means, just a mean little pit bull
Old 08-17-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car is ready to be started tommorow... I am going out of town til the middle of september.... then I will get some seat time. Going for a 9.99 slip with lots of weight.

I would like the car to run some sixteens on the jug 8th mile style!

Call me a growin pup!

BTW: it has a Gemini NX Plate kit... pilled to a 300..... I definately will be using that progressive controller for a good long while!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT

car is ready to be started tommorow... I am going out of town til the middle of september.... then I will get some seat time. Going for a 9.99 slip with lots of weight.

Call me a growin pup!

BTW: it has a Gemini NX Plate kit... pilled to a 300..... I definately will be using that progressive controller for a good long while!

looks weak...
Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
8 second mod

Call me a growin pup!

looks good. for what its worth, and take my advice or leave it.
im running that same plate kit.
i have not run it yet, but i did flow it.
there is an issue with that set up. we flowed it, and it sprays about 80-90% of the spray out one side. the side that is direct not the t side.

again take it or leave it, or test it, if i were you, i would put a y fitting on it to dispers the spray better. again, we tested it, and this is what we found.

as for everyone else, sounds like good stuff, maybe some nice numbers coming son.

ATV, i had the dual stage set up, and it dropped, but not that bad. i ended up using a bigger alternator from a truck and didnt have an issue
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Hey that looks kinda like mine.

I'd let you see my elbow but want to make sure it works right first. I dyno'd with a 4bbl intake and no spray with great results see if I can get the graph tomorrow from my dyno shop.

sorry for the bad pic it's from my phone.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
looks good. for what its worth, and take my advice or leave it.
im running that same plate kit.
i have not run it yet, but i did flow it.
there is an issue with that set up. we flowed it, and it sprays about 80-90% of the spray out one side. the side that is direct not the t side.

again take it or leave it, or test it, if i were you, i would put a y fitting on it to dispers the spray better. again, we tested it, and this is what we found.

as for everyone else, sounds like good stuff, maybe some nice numbers coming son.

ATV, i had the dual stage set up, and it dropped, but not that bad. i ended up using a bigger alternator from a truck and didnt have an issue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58uCK8HUjI
Y-fitting?? where.... ???

Last edited by WizeAss; 08-20-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

He was talking about changing out the two "T" connectors in the kit with "Y" connectors. You'll get a more even flow to each jet/port per side. Here's a pic of a "Y" between my bottles. What's happening, it sounds like, is the spray takes the path of least resistance and shoots by the first outlet cause it has to take a 90* turn. Make sense?

Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 08-21-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: change T to Y
Old 08-20-2007, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
he was talking about changing out the two "T" connectors in the kit with "y" connectors. You'll get a more even flow to each jet/port per side. here's a pic of a "T" between my bottles. what's happening, it sounds like, is the spray takes the path of least resistance and shoots by the first outlet cause it has to take a 90* turn. Make sense?

Robert
Robert my dad has bottles that look like yours and they are as old as I am lol J/K
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is some good advise, I'd definetly swap over to Y fittings.
The difference is huge.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

What I have isnt working.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had mine going...attempting to be a "big dog," but got shot down. We got it all ready to race, guys from the shop take it out to the track. I ended up working a little later than planned, so I told them to make a pass. All of the stars must have aligned just right...I had a NA tune in it.....they thought it would be cool to hit it ***** to the wall the first pass. 29* of timing, pump gas and a 350 shot don't work well Yeah, they blew it up in 2 passes..lol. I get out to the track and they are loading my smoking car up. I'm asking, WTF? After looking at the data logger, I knew it was toast. This motor is back at Hans Feustals for a new set of pistons.
I just got my 408 from HKE, so this will be going in the car now. Its getting all the parts off the blown up motor, with a different cam. Round number two.....
Old 08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
8 second mod

Robert, that is correct.
it all dumps to that one side. me and vinny flow tested it, then vinny plumbed me up nice and now it flows perfect.

ATV, it worked for me but i only did a couple passes with all the noids, but it was the only thing i could think would work.

turbo'd, that is bad! why would they not tune the car right?

i hope they are paying for the fix?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
8 second mod

i just hung up with AFR, im not getting the head from them. i may be done for the season now, no motivation anymore
Old 08-21-2007, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

What'd AFR say? Your fault?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
8 second mod

i did some work to the heads, i did the work 4 years ago when the heads were on my street motor, they have been fine for 4 years now. i also did the exact same thing with 2 other sets of heads, both other sets around the same time, (atleast 3 years ago) no issues with any of them. but they said they think it may have been the work i did to them that cracked them. they said the heads probably wont work with the work i did to them. i then said they work and have worked for 4 years as well as the other 2 sets, and then they said the best they can do is give me a good deal on a casting he gave me the price, and im going to pass, it wasnt a good deal imo esp because i can get a compleat set for 2300
now take 130 away for the valves on 1 head, and take 120 away for the springs, and thats 900
so my deal wasnt that sweet, but oh well.
im going to try welding the spot, see what hapens.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

i did some work to the heads, i did the work 4 years ago when the heads were on my street motor, they have been fine for 4 years now. i also did the exact same thing with 2 other sets of heads, both other sets around the same time, (atleast 3 years ago) no issues with any of them. but they said they think it may have been the work i did to them that cracked them. they said the heads probably wont work with the work i did to them. i then said they work and have worked for 4 years as well as the other 2 sets, and then they said the best they can do is give me a good deal on a casting he gave me the price, and im going to pass, it wasnt a good deal imo esp because i can get a compleat set for 2300
now take 130 away for the valves on 1 head, and take 120 away for the springs, and thats 900
so my deal wasnt that sweet, but oh well.
im going to try welding the spot, see what hapens.
Wow thats a horrible deal!! I had 2 motors grenade on me this year already(bad oil pump from a sponser I won't name any names though) I have no motivation any longer either. I have all the right parts now in the engine and for see no more troubles. Other than I have way too much money in the car this year and may not get it all together and certified.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

Reading this made me feel real small. I'm putting a stock short block into the 10's.

The pup is leaving now.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1MEANGTO
Wow thats a horrible deal!! I had 2 motors grenade on me this year already(bad oil pump from a sponser I won't name any names though) I have no motivation any longer either. I have all the right parts now in the engine and for see no more troubles. Other than I have way too much money in the car this year and may not get it all together and certified.
how did you crack a head?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Robert, that is correct.
it all dumps to that one side. me and vinny flow tested it, then vinny plumbed me up nice and now it flows perfect.

ATV, it worked for me but i only did a couple passes with all the noids, but it was the only thing i could think would work.

turbo'd, that is bad! why would they not tune the car right?

i hope they are paying for the fix?
Turbo'd is the shop....