Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
I still don't care. Come to El Paso I will race any nitrouis guy any day
Old 11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If thats the case, then whats the problem?
Cus us nitrous guys are sore winners? ya right. 9 times out of 10 it will be a N/A guy whos the sore winner against a N2o guy. "you had naaws and i still beat you... "

I got my "NOSS" kit to help put me into the 11's. and for the added insurance during a street race, & i dont hide my stuff, its mounted in the back seat area so it would be kinda hard to do anyway .
Old 11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

come to chicago and race then mr el paso... you have a few chocies here you can race a turbo car, a blown one, a spray one, or a NA car, not to mention some double power adder cars... all of which I guarantee a loss to you.... this isnt who has bigger *****... were talking about why nitrous is called cheating, who cares, good for you if you beat a spray car na..if you were smart then you would spray that and be even faster thats the way I look at it...build 11:5:1 stroker then add some nitrous friendly internals and heads and it doesnt really matter what cam you pick because nitrous works well with everything I think its twice the money to go fast NA or FI as it would be to just spray the bitch
Old 11-17-2004, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Are you saying people who have nitrous are cheaters?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
come to chicago and race then mr el paso... you have a few chocies here you can race a turbo car, a blown one, a spray one, or a NA car, not to mention some double power adder cars... all of which I guarantee a loss to you.... this isnt who has bigger *****... were talking about why nitrous is called cheating, who cares, good for you if you beat a spray car na..if you were smart then you would spray that and be even faster thats the way I look at it...build 11:5:1 stroker then add some nitrous friendly internals and heads and it doesnt really matter what cam you pick because nitrous works well with everything I think its twice the money to go fast NA or FI as it would be to just spray the bitch
depending on whether or not you have certain systems. TT cars on stock internals and stuff, possibly a rear end have been known to reach over 600 HP, which I'm sure someone has done with nitrous too. I have no problem with either. Some people prefer nitrous over the SC or the TT... to me, nitrous is great and all, but a TT package would be sick... I'd love to TT my WS6, it doesn't matter to me what people have, nitrous isn't cheating, and power adders are just as good if not better than nitrous.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

I've nothing against N2O ..just another way to suff more oygen into the combustion process. Mods like H/C, big displacement and FI are just the same in the that regard...different means to the same end.

Certainly a quick and easy way for drag racers to get a better time slip.

Just remember though , when the bottle runs out, so does the fun. N/A and FI is 'on demand' as long as there's fuel in the tank. I think that's a plus for circuit racing.

The economics end though with REALLY BIG shots of nitrous as you may want to start considering stronger internals at that point.

I think the cheat thing comes from the 'purists' who think that a shot of the 'giggler' isn't as respectable in an engineering sense maybe.

?? "Doesn't require major surgery on the motor so the HP increase isn't earned". ??

Last edited by 8POTS; 11-18-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

If nitrous is cheating...than so is stroking or boring an engine. Or installing a better lid, or bolting on anything.

What horseshit.

Its only cheating if you tell someone that you are about to race that you DON'T have nitrous, and that guy thinks he can beat you based on the N/A engine that you have.

Hence the birth of the phrase, "Run whatcha Brung". It gets rid of that crapola.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 8POTS
I've nothing against N2O ..just another way to suff more oygen into the combustion process. Mods like H/C, big displacement and FI are just the same in the that regard...different means to the same end.
.................................................. ...............................................

?? "Doesn't require major surgery on the motor so the HP increase isn't earned". ??

That phrase confuses me too, obviously that person never installed nitrous before... I've helped, and its no pic nic!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually the turbo I was referring to is a single turbo ls1 its a 88mm turbo on an ARE 346 with some other goodies Th400 transbrake 4500 pro yank
Old 11-18-2004, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Nitrous does require some effort no doubt...

I enclosed that sentence in '??' ..a query as a possible reason some see Nitrous is seen as a cheat...not a statement.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 8POTS
Nitrous does require some effort no doubt...

I enclosed that sentence in '??' ..a query as a possible reason some see Nitrous is seen as a cheat...not a statement.
I agree, it only requires common sense.

Ok, many don't have that, hehe.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Agreed that only idiots think its cheating. Any real racer will have it. As to why they think its cheating generally boils down to one of two reasons. either because they dont have it themself, or it traces back to the saying you dont have it when you do, which is a reason to get pissed.

I will probly spray myself, but looking at the refill prices at up to 40 bucks a pop is kind of deterring.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Then what was the point of you posting this thread?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Then what was the point of you posting this thread?
doh!

Quick Reply: Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?