Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Completing wiring ... need two things ... please help if you can.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Completing wiring ... need two things ... please help if you can.

It's almost done. Can anybody help me with these two things? Any pictures would be appreciated very much.

1. Pillar pod fuel pressure gauge and air/fuel gauge > thin red and black wies ... where do they go?

2. How about the dash wiring for the fuel pressure gauge ... how do I tap the black and white wires into the dash wiring?

Please assist if you can ... thanks.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by dash wireing do u mean to controll the light with the dimmer switch?

the fuel pressure gauge should have a harness with a sensor, the two wire are going to be your ground and power. black = ground and red= 12v power. to control the gauge light with the dimmer switch you have to tap into it.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
1. Pillar pod fuel pressure gauge and air/fuel gauge > thin red and black wies ... where do they go?

2. How about the dash wiring for the fuel pressure gauge ... how do I tap the black and white wires into the dash wiring?

Please assist if you can ... thanks.

Manufacturer of the gauges may help.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I JUST finished installing a full set and I could not tell you the answer. I am not sure what the question is
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 AM
TECH Addict

the fuel pressure gauge should have a harness with a sensor, the two wire are going to be your ground and power. black = ground and red= 12v power. to control the gauge light with the dimmer switch you have to tap into it.
On the A/F gauge, the harness with sensor does have a black wire and a red wire to the sensor, but, there is another red and wire coming out of the back of the gauge to provide power from the car. It also has a thicker black wire and a thich white wire to tap into the dash wiring. I just don't know which wires underneath the dash are the dash lighting wires.

I'll post up a pic here later today. I just need to know which wires underneath the dash that these gauge wires should be spliced into ... to draw power from.

Thanks Jim. I have the instructions, however, they are not car-specific as to what color wires from which harness to splice into for power under the dash.

I JUST finished installing a full set and I could not tell you the answer. I am not sure what the question is
Basically, I'm just needing a picture to see where the wires from the gauges are connected to to get power from the key'd ignition source so the gauges come on when the switch is on ... on someone's F-Body setup.

Thanks for the replies fellows. Any pics of your wiring connections would be really helpful.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 AM
12 Second Club

why don't you have instructions?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00formLs1
why don't you have instructions?

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Thanks Jim. I have the instructions, however, they are not car-specific as to what color wires from which harness to splice into for power under the dash.
I have instructions from Autometer.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

get your self a test light or a volt metter and find a good 12v source, i spliced mine right into the dimmer switch, so when i turn my lights on the gauge lights also go on. if i dim my dash the gauge lights dim.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00formLs1
get your self a test light or a volt metter and find a good 12v source, i spliced mine right into the dimmer switch, so when i turn my lights on the gauge lights also go on. if i dim my dash the gauge lights dim.

I have a good multimeter ... don't know why I didn't even think of using it. Thanks for the dimmer switch wiring info. That's perfect for the white and black wires for the gauge light. I'll break out the multimeter and check out a good source for the red and black wires. Thanks for the info!!!