Sponsored by:

How to do away with full throttle switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 09:21 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to do away with full throttle switch

I new at N2O and I dont want to spray out of the hole with full throttle switch.I want a push button or a switch to activate it Let me know if you have any idea thanks My kit is the 5177 kit
Old 06-14-2003, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: How to do away with full throttle switch

keep the full throttle switch, just use the button to activate it. I now of a lot of people that activate it by hand, but just use the throttle, rpm, and fuel switch still
Old 06-14-2003, 11:43 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

my kit did not come with an activation switch.What wires will i have to add???I would really like to do away with the full throttle switch.Anymore help would be great
Old 06-15-2003, 12:39 AM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

TTT anyone
Old 06-17-2003, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

my kit did not come with an activation switch.What wires will i have to add???I would really like to do away with the full throttle switch.Anymore help would be great
First you'll have to get an activation (window) switch. My NX directions say that the white wire off the relay goes to the yellow wire on a NX window switch. I'm assuming that it goes to the white wire on my Timing Tuner window switch, but haven't gotten that far in my directions just yet. I hope to do away with the throttle switch (add in-line fuse) too...
Old 07-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Default Re: How to do away with full throttle switch *DELETED* *DELETED*

nitroushp please check PM's
Old 07-15-2003, 02:18 AM
Restricted User

RJF....thisis pretty easy actually. The wire that feeds the WOT swich, run either side into the cabin, and hook it up to a rocker switch, run a wire from the other side of the rocker switch back to the WOT and bam. There you go.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a reason why a WOT switch is used. Nitrous is to be only used at WOT. If you want to keep from spraying off the line, learn where the switch turns on. Or get a delay timer. Or set a window switch to turn on after the stall speed of you torque converter. And that button on the steering wheel idea, no thanks. It's too much like the "The Fast and The Furious" crowd.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you improperly eliminate the WOT switch and inject nitrous into the car when its NOT at wide open throttle, make sure you have a phone number handy to order new pistons, rings, rods, and maybe even a block.
Just floor it, and put the arming switch someplace very accessible where it can be activated by hand. Your foot hits the floor, it comletes the "unarmed" connection. You hit a switch inside the cars cockpit, and it instantly arms, and sprays. If you lift, it breaks the circuit, and your motor is saved.

I **** you not, if you hot wire the nitrous to come on by using only one switch (steering wheel, gear shifter, etc.) You will screw up sooner or later, and hit the button before your at WOT, and then you can kiss your engine goodbye. It only takes one time to lean out the motor and burn holes in the pistons.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

I got mine with the WOT but only use the switch
to activate it's better then blowing the ls1
RIGHT
Old 07-15-2003, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

If you improperly eliminate the WOT switch and inject nitrous into the car when its NOT at wide open throttle, make sure you have a phone number handy to order new pistons, rings, rods, and maybe even a block.
Just floor it, and put the arming switch someplace very accessible where it can be activated by hand. Your foot hits the floor, it comletes the "unarmed" connection. You hit a switch inside the cars cockpit, and it instantly arms, and sprays. If you lift, it breaks the circuit, and your motor is saved.

I **** you not, if you hot wire the nitrous to come on by using only one switch (steering wheel, gear shifter, etc.) You will screw up sooner or later, and hit the button before your at WOT, and then you can kiss your engine goodbye. It only takes one time to lean out the motor and burn holes in the pistons.
I agree, keep the WOT switch. When I spray I don't arm it till 60 or so feet down the track.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i have seen done, is install a toggle switch, on your shifter base, so you flip it off, and run the system as normal (still with a wot, and window of course) and when you hit 2nd, it flips the switch on, and you will start to spray

There is also a window switch on the market, wiht a built in 1st gear lockout, PM me for the link.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: How to do away with full throttle switch