Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nano ROCKS - 9.1 @150- x2

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol. I read into your post wrong. Do you mean TOM at Nano. If so he has been great to deal with. Very friendly.
Dave
Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetvet
what do you run ET??? whats your setup or shot size . i guess what you'll pick up, let me try.
11.29et and my afr log, the graph looks like a freaking step ladder. i started at 12,2 in the beginning of first and diip to 11.55 at the end of first and it jus gets progressively worse through each gear. final afr at the end of the run was 10.26. i'm just a street car having a bit of fun. i'm spending more time in fourth with the 150shot. my rwt. was 3750lbs. with 100oct/ul.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
FormerVendor

Default Found Comparisons for you.

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
Anyone have before and after results? I get the concept and think it will work, I just want to know what type of gains there have been out there. If only a .1 or .less, may not be worth the cost. They are not cheap.

Also, is there a way to build one on your own for much less cost? I would think so. Seams quite a lot for a bottle and a regulator.

Go to their web site www.nanonitrous.com and under NANO RACERS, select Street/Strip Cars and then select "Mo at Work". Next select "Play Video" He did a before and after comparison. There's probably more there, but this one looks to answer you question.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jetblast
11.29et and my afr log, the graph looks like a freaking step ladder. i started at 12,2 in the beginning of first and diip to 11.55 at the end of first and it jus gets progressively worse through each gear. final afr at the end of the run was 10.26. i'm just a street car having a bit of fun. i'm spending more time in fourth with the 150shot. my rwt. was 3750lbs. with 100oct/ul.
Should be a high 10
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
Go to their web site www.nanonitrous.com and under NANO RACERS, select Street/Strip Cars and then select "Mo at Work". Next select "Play Video" He did a before and after comparison. There's probably more there, but this one looks to answer you question.
i think theres 2 home web pages for NANO... I think
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM
FormerVendor

Default Got to the party late.

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Nice runs!

One of the main reasons this was not used in the past is it was not legal in the Sanctioned bodies you would want to run it in .

If you check above in the Stickys there are some nice write ups from years ago

Looks like it is time for you to jet up!

I heard that the Push Systems had some issues and were excluded from a lot of classes years ago. NANO says their technology is substantially different and is not Push System. I haven't heard of any NANO Systems failing Tech yet. What do you hear?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Nice runs!

One of the main reasons this was not used in the past is it was not legal in the Sanctioned bodies you would want to run it in .

If you check above in the Stickys there are some nice write ups from years ago

Looks like it is time for you to jet up!
I missed this 1 , but with the turbos out there , Nos cars need all the help we can get. My series - 100% legal . Dont tell me your afraid of compressed AIR. I dont use nitrogen. i go to a paintball store and fill it right up.

I have a comp lic. Please tell what page in the nhra rule book where it says its illegal. I'm not trying to start any bs either. I would not like to start a rumor.thx
StreetVet - MikeC.

ps I'm jetting up alright
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I never said I was afraid of it. Just afraid of failing Tech at a points race

I missed this 1 , but with the turbos out there , Nos cars need all the help we can get. My series - 100% legal . Dont tell me your afraid of compressed AIR. I dont use nitrogen. i go to a paintball store and fill it right up.

I have a comp lic. Please tell what page in the nhra rule book where it says its illegal. I'm not trying to start any bs either. I would not like to start a rumor.thx
StreetVet - MikeC.

ps I'm jetting up alright
Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
He does not specify if the beginning pressures were the same for each run.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not been to their website, but I will be running a 2 bottle setup using a Y to a DP in 2008. I wonder how a two Nano system will work. As well, my shop has a nitrogen bottle for tires, do we need a pump for the Nano bottles too?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Launching!

i think anyone running n2o will benifit from the nano if the claims are true. i just ordered mine. so next week sometime i'll know if it really works, seeing is believing. and right now my afr is just not steady through each gear, towards the end of 4th is at 10.2 and that can't be good for the motor. also my 15lb bottle upgrade from the 10# definitely helped with the afr but only with the smaller shots below 100, as soon as i went to the 150 it seemed to drop some more, so with the bigger shots it may get worse
Old 11-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Should be a high 10
thanks for the guesstimate, but my driver mods is very weak.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Off topic, but what tranny, rearend and torque tube do you have? I will be out in 08' for the first time since 03' and I don't want to break everything in my drivetrain. Thanks
Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Off topic, but what tranny, rearend and torque tube do you have? I will be out in 08' for the first time since 03' and I don't want to break everything in my drivetrain. Thanks
Stock everything , Rims & tires . Let's say i like to overbuild and race ALL year.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 169 Likes on 111 Posts

From the looks of the car I'd say it is tubbed and 4 link'd/ladder bar setup.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gnx7
From the looks of the car I'd say it is tubbed and 4 link'd/ladder bar setup.
Yes it is. Got tired of buying trannys, rears......... Small or Big tire car. Its got a powerglide with gear vendors on it (3 speed). Built by Neverlift/Carrolls rod and race-craft in jersey (by Raceway Park). Its got ac ,heat, full inside & everything works. its 3250lbs. street legal next mill , we make it a race carSame block it came with in 1997, 1st ls1 year