Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hows my setup look guys.Am i missing anything

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hows my setup look guys.Am i missing anything

well im finaly goin to put a lil juice on my car .I ran up on a killer deal from a friend of mine brand new never installed kit with the following

Dynotune wet kit 75-150 shot
Bottle heater
Remote bottle opener
Purge Kit
Guages
3 Pillar pod

For 500 bucks never installed .So i think this is a steal.So if i get this kit will i need anything else to be on th safe side besides gettin a tune for the nitrous ,Cars a 98 with stock injectors and pump no problems so far with the cam and intake .and Do simplify wiring were can i find a I think their called a Nitrous console that has the buttons already on it for purge,opening arm etc to put in my car .
Old 12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

another question guys im realy new to nitrous ,this kit has a wot throttle switch i belive that engages the nitrous when you go WOT,But if the bottle is not armed by the arming switch then that means it will not spray correct,Because i only want to use it for racing and not just out screwing around,
Old 12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

the arming switch has to be switched on for the nitrous to spray, you are correct. with your arming switch on you then have to trip the WOT switch to spray the N2O. your kit looks pretty much complete, you might want to invest in a window switch, like a BMN racing technology one, which is will activte the nitrous at a set RPM and turn it off at another set RPM. i have a BMN and it hasn't failed me yet, nitro dave also has a good window switch from what i hear. i made my own switch panel and mounted it in my ash tray. i'll post some pics when i get a chance. you can get premade switch panels from some of our vendors if you want to go that route, think they run around 20 or 30 bucks minus plus shipping. Good Luck!!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned

window switch
fuel pressure safety switch (a must on fbody)
activation switches
set of tr6 plugs.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd157k
window switch
fuel pressure safety switch (a must on fbody)
activation switches
set of tr6 plugs.
I really dont see the need for a fpss if you are tapping into the fuel rail. If fuel pressure goes down the motor isnt going to run. On a stand alone fuel system, yes I see the need, but not if you are running the fuel line from the fuel rail. Can you change my mind? I would like to see what the other side to this is, Josh
Old 12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Todd nailed the list down preety good. Here is our window switch - capability for one or two stages - you set the rpm the nitrous kicks in and the rpm it shuts off. built in TPS - so you do not need the wide open throttle switch - makes for a cleaner install. The switch also has multi gear lockout so you decide what gear you want to activate the nitrous. Never seen a bmn switch but with a lot less functionality I am sure its probably half the price of our $129 window switch.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=194

Dean
Old 12-08-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Todd nailed the list down preety good. Here is our window switch - capability for one or two stages - you set the rpm the nitrous kicks in and the rpm it shuts off. built in TPS - so you do not need the wide open throttle switch - makes for a cleaner install. The switch also has multi gear lockout so you decide what gear you want to activate the nitrous. Never seen a bmn switch but with a lot less functionality I am sure its probably half the price of our $129 window switch.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=194

Dean
this product looks great, i was reading the install instructions, im a little confused, it says first channel activation 2300 and de actavation 6600 second channel 3900 act 10500 deactivation, wich channel would you use for nitrous deactivation or activation?
Old 12-09-2007, 08:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99zman
this product looks great, i was reading the install instructions, im a little confused, it says first channel activation 2300 and de actavation 6600 second channel 3900 act 10500 deactivation, wich channel would you use for nitrous deactivation or activation?
The switch has the capability for 2 stages of nitrous. If you are running one stage you will only utilize the first channel activation. You will not need the second channel but it is there for future growth!

Dean
Old 12-09-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
The switch has the capability for 2 stages of nitrous. If you are running one stage you will only utilize the first channel activation. You will not need the second channel but it is there for future growth!

Dean
So the first channel what are the activation and deactivation points like 3000-7000? what can you adjust the first channel to? thanks.