Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have some NANO install Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello i currently work for NANO and have some graphs and data to share with you. If you have anyquestions i can answer them for you.

Note in the dyno graph the jetting with the NANO system was a .049 nitrous jet instead of the .052 that the stock system was ran with. The .049 was the 25% nitrous downsize that we call for.

Runs from top to bottom

Runs 5-7 w/ NANO (notice 5 through 7 were NANO the last runs out of 7 the car made that day)

Runs 4,3 stock system

Run 1 all motor

The smooth curves is with NANO.

This was on my freinds stock lincoln mark 8.

Im not trying to sell anything. Just giving you facts.

Last edited by Brad@NANO Direct; 01-24-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

There is a realy good write up on it in the new GM high Teck mag. Also has good pics too
Old 01-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Default heres some Nano pics

This Vette is 1 of kind. Thanks Nano for the extra power

How much money would you pay for more horsepower , less headaches , ROUND after ROUND after ROUND . Small price to pay to have consistent pressure, consistent ets , all the time . Nano does EVERYTHING they say , plus some . IMO and races to prove it .
Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by streetvet

How much money would you pay for more horsepower , less headaches , ROUND after ROUND after ROUND . Small price to pay to have consistent pressure, consistent ets , all the time . Nano does EVERYTHING they say , plus some . IMO and races to prove it .

Old 01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that's one trick azz Vette, I likey mucho. Pretty cool mount for your bottle/nano, just pull a pin and a couple other things and bingo, out of the car. Do I know ya at the Vetteforum under a different name?

Off topic a little, but do you have anymore or better pics of how you mounted your push button on your steering wheel. I am currently trying to figure the best way to mount mine. I have the button hooked up to a quick disconnect so i can unplug it and stash it when not in use. I saw one where the guy mounted a thin plate under the plastic horn bezel and just pulls it out when not using, though yours may be better.

thanks, and sorry guys for getting off topic a bit.
Robert

Old 01-25-2008, 04:35 AM
TECH Addict

Its ordered Ray hooked me up

Have a RPM vs Bottle Pressure spreadsheet ready to go.

Vinny your gonna need to bring a mother bottle for all the test I want to do
Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Its ordered Ray hooked me up

Have a RPM vs Bottle Pressure spreadsheet ready to go.

Vinny your gonna need to bring a mother bottle for all the test I want to do

Jim do not forget to take lots of pictures.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well technically wouldn't the Nano pay for itself over time compared to all the nitrous you can't use and have to get the bottle filled up when its still has some nitrous in it?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:06 AM
TECH Addict

I`m really thnking of getting one of these. I hate running out of nitrous at the track so early or racing in Mexico!!. We need a group sale from a sponsor. Come on Nirous Dave!!! Help us out!

I just read the article in GM High-Tech! Looked really good and the results where awsome! I work at the plant and we refill our SCBA`s here all the time for our Fire and rescue. I could fill my NANO for free! SWEET!

1. Question! So no matter how cold it is outside, the NANO will keep the bottle pressured up and ready to spray cold like that at anytime, and wont hurt the motor? I could sale my heater then!!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Jim do not forget to take lots of pictures.
I will! I may have the local machine shop make me a custom NANO bracket...

Some of the vendors should be workin on some, I think this product is gonna sell !
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Well technically wouldn't the Nano pay for itself over time compared to all the nitrous you can't use and have to get the bottle filled up when its still has some nitrous in it?
To answer that you would have to know if everytime you filled your bottle you paid for a full bottles worth(without the Nano). I would say that if you only paid for 7-8 lbs(or whatever) that it wouldn't pay for itself. JMO.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Nano for the extra power

Robert the button on the wheel is just 2 hose clamps , good electric tape, corded line & switch. I overlapped the 2 clamps, 1 around the wheel & 1 around the switch. It was a simple & quick fix that i left alone. I'm tensecvet on the corvetteforum.

BeerC5 i think your onto something with a NANO bracket.......My setup can be made for around $120.00 . Nano sends you the brackets for their bottle.and 2 big straps from homedepot , done

the kit will IMO use a little more out of the bottle , into the motor. If you are paying for full bottles ,when you fill and only used 5lbs aaa your getting ripped off . NANO will let you use ALL of the nos in your bottle at the consistent pressure you setup sould be the whole race , simple.

No heater needed. Yes i left mine in as a back up & have not needed it. Its like a spare tire. If you need $$$ sell it.

Just trying to give you some FACTS about NANO & pics

Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beardWS6
1. Question! So no matter how cold it is outside, the NANO will keep the bottle pressured up and ready to spray cold like that at anytime, and wont hurt the motor? I could sale my heater then!!
Good question. I think that's one thing people forget. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I've deduced. The system works by filling your nitrous bottle with higher pressurized gas. If your bottle is full and it's cold out your NANO isn't going to be able to fill the nitrous bottle to bring the pressure up.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Good question. I think that's one thing people forget. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I've deduced. The system works by filling your nitrous bottle with higher pressurized gas. If your bottle is full and it's cold out your NANO isn't going to be able to fill the nitrous bottle to bring the pressure up.
No it will still work when cold. As a matter of fact thats one of the best features of any push type system...ambient temps mean very little on bottle pressure/flow rate.

You have to picture the nitrous in the bottle as a liquid. Now if your nitrous bottle is at an ambient temp of 35 degree F and the natural bottle pressure is around 550 psi or so (just a guess)..and then compare that to the same bottle in an ambient temop of 100 degrees F and a bottle pressure of 1150 psi...the only difference between the two will be a few layers of molecules at the top of the liquid will have bled off due to higher temps to increase the gas present which also increases pressure. No pressure increase is had by heating the liquid nitrous...its the fact that it bleeds off.
The level of the actual liquid nitrous will be almost identical between both bottles....soooo.....the only difference will be that less HPA or nitrogen would be wasted on the hotter nitrous bottle as you activate the NANO since almost not HPA or nitrogen will be needed to raise the pressure to the desired level.

But...once both bottles are up to pressure....usage of the HPA or nitrogen in the NANO will be nearly the same between very hot and very cold.

A cold nitrous bottle at your optiminum pressure (say 1050 psi) hits HARD when pushed with something like NANO.

So NANO should work just fine in very cold weather. However...HPA probably has more of a tendancy to expand/contract with temp. Nitrogen is less prone to this. So if you are going to operate in VERY cold weather...you might consider using nitrogen instead of HPA. I have not tested the difference between the two...it may be negligable...it may not be.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

One thing on the initial operation of the NANO on a very cold bottle. One trick I always used was to top off the nitrous bottle with nitrogen/HPA to just under the desired operating pressure...NOT using the NANO bottle. The reason for this is that on something like NANO...one of the biggest times of consumption of your HPA/nitrogen in the NANO bottle is to get that pressure up initially. So topping off the nitrous bottle after its been filled and is cold and very low pressure conserves nitrogen/HPA. Of course this only can be done if you have a source for the HPA or nitrogen. I have a nitrogen mother bottle in the garage so thats what I used.....just an FYI.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM
8 Second Club

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts

Things I have learned about Nano:
1- When filling bottle at paintball place, get to 4000PSI, let bottle cool, then get to 4500 PSI. The Nano Bottle gets warm asyou put air in it, you sometimes have to let it cool so you can geta full charge.

2- You can no longer use your nitrous gauge to have even a rough idea of how much nitrous in in your bottle. (I used to be able to make an educated guess between ambient temp and indicated pressure as to how much nitrous I had. With the Nano, you'd better KNOW how much nitrous you consume per pass, or weigh your bottle.

Other than that, it is awesome.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
You can no longer use your nitrous gauge to have even a rough idea of how much nitrous in in your bottle. (I used to be able to make an educated guess between ambient temp and indicated pressure as to how much nitrous I had. With the Nano, you'd better KNOW how much nitrous you consume per pass, or weigh your bottle.

Other than that, it is awesome.
The Trick Performance V gauge will be handy for that
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
No it will still work when cold. As a matter of fact thats one of the best features of any push type system...ambient temps mean very little on bottle pressure/flow rate.

You have to picture the nitrous in the bottle as a liquid. Now if your nitrous bottle is at an ambient temp of 35 degree F and the natural bottle pressure is around 550 psi or so (just a guess)..and then compare that to the same bottle in an ambient temop of 100 degrees F and a bottle pressure of 1150 psi...the only difference between the two will be a few layers of molecules at the top of the liquid will have bled off due to higher temps to increase the gas present which also increases pressure. No pressure increase is had by heating the liquid nitrous...its the fact that it bleeds off.
The level of the actual liquid nitrous will be almost identical between both bottles....soooo.....the only difference will be that less HPA or nitrogen would be wasted on the hotter nitrous bottle as you activate the NANO since almost not HPA or nitrogen will be needed to raise the pressure to the desired level.

But...once both bottles are up to pressure....usage of the HPA or nitrogen in the NANO will be nearly the same between very hot and very cold.

A cold nitrous bottle at your optiminum pressure (say 1050 psi) hits HARD when pushed with something like NANO.

So NANO should work just fine in very cold weather. However...HPA probably has more of a tendancy to expand/contract with temp. Nitrogen is less prone to this. So if you are going to operate in VERY cold weather...you might consider using nitrogen instead of HPA. I have not tested the difference between the two...it may be negligable...it may not be.
I understand what you are saying about the pressure and pascals. What I'm thinking is if the bottle is completely full, as in full to the brim of liquid nitrous. Such as when we chill our bottles before they are filled. How are you going to cram more gas in there to raise the pressure? Basically it's just compressing / displacing the liquid to raise the pressure? Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

I understand what you are saying about the pressure and pascals. What I'm thinking is if the bottle is completely full, as in full to the brim of liquid nitrous. Such as when we chill our bottles before they are filled. How are you going to cram more gas in there to raise the pressure? Basically it's just compressing / displacing the liquid to raise the pressure? Maybe I'm missing something.
A filled to the brim is a over-filled bottle. I know you can overfill a 10lb bottle a few pounds, why would you , for better pressure. I use to do that when i swaped bottles after each run . You don't have to do that when using "NANO" . Your pressure will be perfect till you are empty. You DO NOT need a heater for a 15lb setup in low 40 degree weather ( with NANO ), i've made my best passes in the cold. You will not be dragracing ( at least at a track in Jersey ) in colder conditions. Maybe i'm missing something ? But i dont think so because i got NANO

I have not used Nano in snow or below 0 conditions. Nor have i ever raced in snow or below 0cond......
Old 01-27-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Well...a full 10 lb nitrous bottle actually is about half full of nitrous, a 15 lb bottle seesm to be a little less than half full. You can see this by chilling a full nitrous bottle that was previously at room temp..or by taking a very cold chilled nitrous bottle out and observing where the frost accumulates or doesnt. That will generally show the line where the liquid is. And its typically half full of slightly less. So that leaves the top half of the bottle to be filled with gases. Normally its strictly just gaseous nitrous beld off from the liquid nitrous due to temperature. But if you introduce another gas such as HPA or nitrogen...it will obviously allow you to raise the "head" pressure above that liquid to anything you desire.

So thats what NANO does..and it will do it on a hot day...or a cold day. There will be certain aspects of performance that will change with extreme temps but the goal is the same...to PUSH the nitrous out at a controlled pressure by maintaining an exact head pressure above the liquid nitrous. Depending on the actual bottle temp and bottle pressure that head pressure will be made up of either a combo of Nitrogen and nitrous...or in some cases almost all nitrogen. When bottle temp is cold and nitrogen raises the pressure above a specific point it will force the gaseous nitrous to reconsitute back to liquid.
But anyways...you are right in your last statement..basically it is compressing or putting pressure on the liquid...and then displacing the liquid as it tries to chase it out the pickup tube while you are spraying.

So the function of a NANO or push system is two fold when compared to a heater. The NANO not only (1) RAISES the pressure to the proper start point before spraying...but (2) continues to displace the liquid lost during spraying at a very specific pressure.
Of course a heater can only get you (1) to the correct start point and cannot do anything in the way of (2).

So ambient temp only plays a role in that on a very cold day....you will use more of your NANO pressure to get your nitrous bottle to the correct start pressure on the initial pressure eqaulization when you open a fresh NANO bottle to a fresh nitrous bottle.
Or on a very hot day....you may still over temp...NANO cant do anything about that....you just have to purge or cool the bottle with external means.

Quick Reply: Anyone have some NANO install Pictures