Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does The Halo Work For 150 Dry Shots

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
Im Guessing This Is Why Zex Came Out With Their System (which in Concept Was The Right Idea)
the Zex kits have no internal provision for making A/F correction or reading A/F ratio
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct, and I agree with you, it can be a lot easier with the nozzle post MAF, but there are those running their kit in a fixed position or simply don't want to have to relocate the nozzles and patch up holes. Up until this point you had to affect your NA tune if you didn't/couldn't move the discharge point.

Matt

If You Place Your Nozzle Pre Maf You Will Change The Maf Signal... Then You Change It Again With The Interface

For Example:

Lets Sap Im Usnig The Halo To Spray A 100 Shot And Not Changeing My N/a Tune But Using The Interface To Compensate

With The Interface Off Mabye 1\2 The Fuel Would Be Added By The Fact That The Maf Will Pick Up Some Of The N20 And Read A Higher Frequency So You Would Then Have To Go To The Hsw Unit And Set It For A 50 Shot

If You Set The Hsw Unit For A 100 Shot Then You Would Be Fueling For A 150 Shot Since The Maf Readings Are Already Being Skewed By Change In Maf Conditions

Being With The Hsw Interface You No Longer Have To Rely On The Maf You Might As Well Just Completly Remove It From The Equasion So That You No Longer Have Less Chances Of Problems.. Ie Simpleer Is Better(so Long As It Achieves The Same Results
Old 01-23-2008, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to first state this responce is not to start an arguement of any sorts. Its pitiful we have to type that disclaimer these days.. I will not argue and this post is just to make sure our standing is clear with out people putting words into mine or our employees mouths. This post is not up for discussion and I will not respond to any remarks made because of this post.

I would like to point out that no one ever said not to use the Interface. Chris simply stated that in the past we have never used any device other than good old computer tunning to make the changes needed for the airfuel. This does not mean that Chris said NO dont buy that. We have not had our hands on the interface yet so there for we do not know if its a unit works as claimed. Getting technical assistance so we could help some of our customers that were planing on running our products as well as the interface was like pulling teeth. After a huge arguement from just asking how the unit worked we were finnaly able to figure out how the timming worked. I would not suggest this unit to anyone looking for a device to pull timming The timming tunner or timming twister would be much more reliable. However that does not mean the unit is not any good. If the unit works like it is suppose to and its built well the ability to adjust the airfuel with less hassle would be well worth it. I would have no problem suggesting it for this fuction. However I have yet to see any good feed back or reviews from customers using it. Im sure with due time people will start posting with there results. Our company will not suggest buying something we know nothing about and has not been proven yet.

To some it up. If the product works as claimed I have no issues with telling a customer to purchase the unit. Atleast not for now

Dave
Old 01-23-2008, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I would like to first state this responce is not to start an arguement of any sorts. Its pitiful we have to type that disclaimer these days.. I will not argue and this post is just to make sure our standing is clear with out people putting words into mine or our employees mouths. This post is not up for discussion and I will not respond to any remarks made because of this post.

I would like to point out that no one ever said not to use the Interface. Chris simply stated that in the past we have never used any device other than good old computer tunning to make the changes needed for the airfuel. This does not mean that Chris said NO dont buy that. We have not had our hands on the interface yet so there for we do not know if its a unit works as claimed. Getting technical assistance so we could help some of our customers that were planing on running our products as well as the interface was like pulling teeth. After a huge arguement from just asking how the unit worked we were finnaly able to figure out how the timming worked. I would not suggest this unit to anyone looking for a device to pull timming The timming tunner or timming twister would be much more reliable. However that does not mean the unit is not any good. If the unit works like it is suppose to and its built well the ability to adjust the airfuel with less hassle would be well worth it. I would have no problem suggesting it for this fuction. However I have yet to see any good feed back or reviews from customers using it. Im sure with due time people will start posting with there results. Our company will not suggest buying something we know nothing about and has not been proven yet.

To some it up. If the product works as claimed I have no issues with telling a customer to purchase the unit. Atleast not for now

Dave
Dave, no problems here, we never interpreted chris's words to say "dont buy it"...

I understand where you are coming from on making recommendations, nor would i expect you to make any without seeing proper technical reviews. Additionally, i fully understand why you would want to be educated into the exact process the interface uses so you can pass that information along to your customers. I'm sure you would like to sell some dry plates and cant do that without the use of the interface, hence the reason you want to get as much information on it as possible. As we said in other threads all customers whether yours or ours are welcome to give us a call if they have any questions on how the interface works. We produce the interface, so why not call the company who knows the most about it. As for now there is a substantial amount of information avaible in the orginal thread.

Feel free to respond, no arguement going on here.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Dave, no problems here, we never interpreted chris's words to say "dont buy it"...

I understand where you are coming from on making recommendations, nor would i expect you to make any without seeing proper technical reviews. Additionally, i fully understand why you would want to be educated into the exact process the interface uses so you can pass that information along to your customers. I'm sure you would like to sell some dry plates and cant do that without the use of the interface, hence the reason you want to get as much information on it as possible. As we said in other threads all customers whether yours or ours are welcome to give us a call if they have any questions on how the interface works. We produce the interface, so why not call the company who knows the most about it. As for now there is a substantial amount of information avaible in the orginal thread.

Feel free to respond, no arguement going on here.
Mike,
Thank you for the professional responce.
You guys have agood day..
We have to get to counting invatory
Dave
Old 01-23-2008, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Uhg!!! As I Was Typeing I Was Thinking

Ok So What Happens As Bottle Pressure Drops? The Hsw Interface Would Still Be Reading What Your Jetted For At Say 1000psi But If Your Nearly Out Of Gas You May Only Be Spraying 50-75% Of That.. In This Case A Maf Tuned Dry Kit "may" Be Able To Compensate For This While The Hsw Kit Will Suffer Much In The Same Way A Wet Kit Does..
If your running a wideband then just adjust the interface fuel switch to compensate for the decrease in bottle pressure. I dont ever recommend spraying if your bottle pressure is getting that low, plus i dont see the point as your obviously not going to run as fast. But if need be, yes you could reduce the amount of fuel to compensate for the loss in bottle pressure.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

IM JUST SAYING.. THAT THE INTERFACE CANNOT DEAL WITH CHANGES IN BOTTLE PRESSURE WITHOUT ACTUALLY CHANGEING THE UNIT'S SETTINGS.... THIS IS JUST LIKE A WET KIT (IE IF YOUR JETTING/PRESSURE CHANGES WITH A WET KIT YOU SHOULD PROBALLY JUSE DIFFERENT FUEL JETS TO BALANCE THINGS BACK OUT)

IN THEORY MAF TUNEING MAY BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH THESE CHANGES..

THE REAL QUESTION IS WHAT FREQUENCIES WILL I HIT N\A AND WHAT FREQUENCIES WILL I BE HITTING WITH THE DIFFERENT SIZED SHOTS OF N20

FOR MAF TUNING TO PROPERLY WORK IT SEEMS THAT 2 THINGS MUST HAPPEN

1: THE NA AND N20 MAF FREQUENCIES SHOULD NOT OVERLAP
2: DIFFERENT SIZED N20 SHOTS SHOULD CORROSPOND TO DIFFERENT MAF FREQUENCIES

IF THE FREQUENCIES OVERLAP THEN YOU WILL EFFECT YOUR N/A TUNE.. AND IF THE MAF CANNOT DIFFER FROM A 50 SHOT AND A 150 SHOT THEN YOU WILL BE NO BETTER OFF THAN THE INTERFACE

... THESE ARE THE GOOD QUESTIONS.. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THESE?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I See #2 of Of These Objectives Being The Hardest To Achieve

WHICH IF THAT IS NOT ACHIEVEABLE I THINK THE INTERFACE MAY BE A MORE RELIABLE SOLUTION THAN MAF TUNEING... DUE TO ITS CONSISTENCY (PROVIDED YOU SPRAY POST MAF)
Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

And To Kick This Up One More Knotch I Think The Best Solution May Be Efi Live Cos 5 ....

To Me This Is The Best Of Both Worlds (which I Still May Do)
Old 01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

I agree with you, you cant adjust the settings on the fly. it is a lot easier to adjust the interface then to change out jets though. This is just a tuning tool, its not going to be the answer to all your problems. If you're bottle pressure drops to the point your running a 50 shot from a 150 shot then why would you even bother to continue making passes on the spray? Sure you can rely on the MAF to adjust for that sized shot, i just dont see the point of even spraying when your bottle pressure is that low.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Im Thinking More On The Street, Say You Go For A Couple Runs And Now You Bottle Pressure Is Starting To Drop... it would be nice to not to have to constantly adjust things...

im intrested (mabye robert can chime in) about the above 2 qustions i asked
Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im Thinking More On The Street, Say You Go For A Couple Runs And Now You Bottle Pressure Is Starting To Drop... it would be nice to not to have to constantly adjust things...

im intrested (mabye robert can chime in) about the above 2 qustions i asked
Run a NANI setup or do like I do for pressure drop, over whelm the system with 30lbs of N2O, lol.

1: THE NA AND N20 MAF FREQUENCIES SHOULD NOT OVERLAP
Why not, this makes no sense at all. What if your at a lower load and spraying, you may get into freq seen n/a at it's highest load, just depends on load, very simple. Check the timing pull write up, you can clearly see how spray loads can in fact overlap into n/a loads, but this, for fueling causes no issues. Do some logging and you can see this at times.

2: DIFFERENT SIZED N20 SHOTS SHOULD CORRESPOND TO DIFFERENT MAF FREQUENCIESCorrect, but not absolute, to many variables. Watch your LTFT's, they can vary 20% from one day to another. So, considering the above load scenario, you could see different seen freq for same size shot day to day but still end up with the same a/f. It's all relative in the end (other factors at work also). Same when changing out injectors, the freq curve will change again, but a/f will still be relative to your WOT PE Multiplier where ever you are in the MAF Freq curve spraying. So bottom line, you really can't have a graph or formula to map each size shot as there are just to many variables day to day and load to load.

Robert
Old 01-23-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Ok Fuckit, Mabye Ill Just Buy The Dam Interface....
Old 01-25-2008, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Fuckit, Mabye Ill Just Buy The Dam Interface....
Ah, it's not so bad, we all love to blow our money on go fast stuff, lol.
Robert

Quick Reply: Does The Halo Work For 150 Dry Shots