Sponsored by:

Do kit aesthetics matter to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
100%

I wanted a magnafuel regulator, but couldn't stomach the purple, so I got a black Fuelabs. I spent quite a bit of extra dough making my system blend in and be as incognito as possible.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/IMG_0178.jpg
Same reason I avoided the Magnaflow, though they had the reg I wanted (went areomotive).

Does it matter hell ya. Most of us see this as an extension of our custom/semi custom Hot-Rods. Most of the kits will need to fit a few different cars and/or set-ups so will it look it's best probably not. Also, cost is a concern, if it were not, then all kits would have full polished SS fittings and hard lines. Myself, I do swap out all the aluminum fittings that i can and go polished SS. Some hard line kits look good, and some look like a maze of old school carb fuel lines. So, for me, the soft lines are my choice, but not necessarily SS braided color. We now have choices in the color dept. Also, in the fittings dept the choices are numerous, watch for a certain vendor to offer some very trick anodized black, with some silver anodized high lighting, along with any anodized color you want, and some trick looking SS copy cat style fittings along with the real SS fittings. My choice for the DP Dry that HSW is plumbing is the grayish color soft lines to go with my push lock connectors that use soft poly braiding and the fittings themselves are custom one off SS polished of course. It's an art for some of us. My engine bay will be something that is not like anyones else's. Lots of work and $$, but hey, we could be blowing it on 3-dollar crack ****** instead, lol.

Robert

Hey Brad, dump the over sized washers on your carb base.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Designing the product is only half the battle though. Its up to the user to take the time and do a nice clean install.
Agreed 100%. A nice looking nitrous kit is only nice looking if it's installed that way. Wires, lines, and relays strung all over the place make any nitrous system look very cheap to me. As with every aftermarket part on my car, I install it cleanly and neatly so it looks like it could have come from the factory that way. After a while of course it's obvious that the engine / engine bay didn't come from the factory as it is, but I want everything to look like it's one unit- like the car and everything in it were designed together.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As car guys, we gotta do things right. I say they have to be functional first, but dont get lazy when it comes to the install and dont steer away from the way you want your final project to look. Have pride in your ride. It represents you. I went through the trouble of dissasembling, sanding, priming and painting two of my bottles in a paint booth just to make them perfect. I prefer to hide the rest as much as possible.