Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do kit aesthetics matter to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do kit aesthetics matter to you?

Just wondering how many out their considered the appearence of their system when buying their kit? For instance, i think that the zex purple bottle is ugly and would prefer to not have that in my car. That being said, if i thought their system was superior I would have bought it (probably had the bottle painted though). With most the systems being so similar, did the aesthetics matter to you when the time came to purchase your kit?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:41 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

100%

I wanted a magnafuel regulator, but couldn't stomach the purple, so I got a black Fuelabs. I spent quite a bit of extra dough making my system blend in and be as incognito as possible.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/IMG_0178.jpg
Old 02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

great question. And the answer is 100% yes. I like kits that can be made to look symmetrical when installed and somewhat blend in.
Thats why I like plate kits or NX MAF kits. I hate having a single wet nozzle flopping in the bellows.
I lso hate floppy long braided lines and much prefer solid lines that are bent symmetrically.

Great question...lets here more of what counts to you guys aesthetically.

Certain colors count as well.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It took me awhile to finally get mine the way it looks..
Old 02-22-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Absolutely.

Anodized Black goes w/ about anything...

I am continually finding something looks wise to improve on my system.

Next is a correct length Hose, I have two loops in the 14' length, that you cannot see, but it bothers me its there.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

absolutely. However I reccomend that you know look at the Blurs install as it will make you drool He motivated me to redo my bottle setup in the car that ill post pictures of later this weekend.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Making my engine look good seems to be the most difficult for me. I want My system to work well first but I still want it look good too.

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
100%

I wanted a magnafuel regulator, but couldn't stomach the purple, so I got a black Fuelabs. I spent quite a bit of extra dough making my system blend in and be as incognito as possible.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/IMG_0178.jpg
Looks good. Where did you mount your Coil Packs?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Every single nitrous part i put on my personal car has to be aesthetically pleasing, otherwise i dont want it on there. If i had a 8 second trailered and gutted race car, would it matter, probably not. Most people dont have that and neither do i. If people are going to see it, then i want it to looking good. i agree with Al on the plates and MAF kit, they look great cause the virtually look like they are supposed to be there.

We would never sacrifice function over looks on our products. But, a significant amount of time is devoted to the looks that go into it. We powdercoat our bottles black for a reason, they will go with any interior color and the powdercoat is more durable. Same with annodizing the plates black, most of the intake tract is black, so why put something in that stands out. Designing the product is only half the battle though. Its up to the user to take the time and do a nice clean install.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

It may be shallow, but if someone's kit doesn't look good I assume it doesn't work good. I just think that an aesthetically "clean" look is so simple to achieve that if someone doesn't take a few extra minutes for that they might have taken shortcuts in other areas as well. It doesn't have to look incredible with the best parts etc, just "clean".

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They absolutely matter. I wish the TNT plate was not anodized purple but that would be my only gripe.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM
8 second mod

im a big fan of making everything look as nice as possable. i like, neat, clean and simple.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by landonew
Just wondering how many out their considered the appearence of their system when buying their kit? For instance, i think that the zex purple bottle is ugly and would prefer to not have that in my car. That being said, if i thought their system was superior I would have bought it (probably had the bottle painted though). With most the systems being so similar, did the aesthetics matter to you when the time came to purchase your kit?
Just like a women. LOL
It has to look the part, be sexy or whats the point.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

One vote for NO.
I'm a function over form type.
Ideally I wouldn't want to see any of the N2O system or have it in my way.
I stick with a single line covered by wire loom & solenoid out of sight.
Bottle also out of sight and covered with blanket or towels for insulation.

I don't lie about having my nitrous system or using it, but I won't turn my car into a nitrous advertisement. I think that's trendy & tacky.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

yeh i would definately say it has to look good. i even went a step further and got my nitro daves plate polished to match my polished intake manifold...looks badass thanks nitro daves!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by white2001s10
One vote for NO.
I'm a function over form type.
Ideally I wouldn't want to see any of the N2O system or have it in my way.
I stick with a single line covered by wire loom & solenoid out of sight.
Bottle also out of sight and covered with blanket or towels for insulation.

I don't lie about having my nitrous system or using it, but I won't turn my car into a nitrous advertisement. I think that's trendy & tacky.
I would consider hidden aesthetically pleasing, just like a beautifully set up in your face system

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

yup, it might take a few more hours of work to make it look good but if someone looks under the hood i wont be embarrased by my work. I think Ive done good so far i THINK any opinions?? I ran outta look to finish looming going to the relay to window switch on drivers side.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FoolZRacing
yup, it might take a few more hours of work to make it look good but if someone looks under the hood i wont be embarrased by my work. I think Ive done good so far i THINK any opinions?? I ran outta look to finish looming going to the relay to window switch on drivers side.

Looks nice man. Not the first time i have seen this picture LOL!!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

guess im the only guy who doesn't really care THAT much? as long as it works properly it's fine. there is a line though when stuff is too ghetto looking but im not gonna go spend extra $$ because i don't like the color of a bottle or a fitting etc...i bought my system used, changed a bunch of stuff around and it has parts from a ton of different companies. works like a charm so i don't care.

to each his own. i'd rather race my car than show it off.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:22 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by FoolZRacing

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...rianengine.jpg
I'm so glad none of my cars have traction control. I'd have to rip that horrendous crap out of there.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

aesthetics of the install make more of a difference to me than the kit.

nice looking lines and bottle are great, but i go for the invisible look.