Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the NOS soft plume nozzle good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Is the NOS soft plume nozzle good?

I'm only planning on running 75-100hp shot. Is this a good nozzle or should I look to something different? I'm just wondering if the spary pattern will be ok for the ls1 intake setup.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....eshootout.html

the above was a shootout conducted by MR23. Great info in that link. Also do a search here for nozzle shootout posted by Mrr23. Great thread.

My opinion is that the NOS nozzles are a step behind the newer designed nozzle..not because or atomization of spray pattern....but that they just dont flow as well.
If you already own it...dont buy another one...it will spray the 100 hp you want. But if you havent purchased...id look at some of the better performing nozzles in the test.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 04-09-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man...I just went over that site again and skimmed over the "nozzle shootout" thread. Mrr23 did one hell of a job on that test. Tons of good info on that site and in the discussion thread. Those where the days of huge tech discussion threads

Check out all the comparison graphs at the bottom of the above website...AWESOME!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
My opinion is that the NOS nozzles are a step behind the newer designed nozzle..not because or atomization of spray pattern....but that they just dont flow as well.
If you already own it...dont buy another one...it will spray the 100 hp you want. But if you havent purchased...id look at some of the better performing nozzles in the test.
correct...the NOS nozzles have an internal restriction that limits flow above approx 150hp.

Most of the newer nozzles on the market will flow 200-250hp.

Quick Reply: Is the NOS soft plume nozzle good?