Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some questions for Dual Fogger veterans

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions for Dual Fogger veterans

Here's the story...last year I had a TNT fogger kit in a FAST 90 on my 2000 Z28 that was set up for a 300 shot. I also had a 190 shot on a Dyno Tune single fogger setup that was mounted in front of my throttle body. The two hits were setup separately so it was either one or the other that I was using, but never both. At the end of last year I decided to switch over to a turbo setup and sold the TNT Fogger setup and the FAST 90 intake. Well, I'm running out of time on my turbo setup and I'd like to run the spray for a couple months. I just purchased a second Dyno Tune single fogger kit and I'm going to mount it accross from the one that I currently have in the intake track.
My question for you dual fogger veterans is...how much have you run on a dual fogger configuration and at what point do you have fuel dropout in the intake track. My guess is that the LS1 intake is efficient enough to keep things suspended pretty well but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with maybe a 300 or 350 shot in this configuration and if there have been any problems with fuel dropout and leaning random cylinders out. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Default Other options

I guess my other option would be to use a dual nozzle dry setup that was on the car about four years ago and one of the single nozzle wet kits to get to my 300-350 goal.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did one wet and one dry, both single nozzles last year. The highest I went was a little over 200 to the wheels. I didn't have any issues till I got greedy with the timing.

I'd say you would be ok, probably hit one off the line and then bring in the snd when you get up in the revs a little.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Here's hoping that someone else will take a look at it and give me more good input
Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuel puddling is not a concern if the tune is correct.. However at some point you may run into a issue where different cylinders are burning differently. In order to run the size shot you are looking to run you need to read spark plugs. This will tell you if you have a cylinder burning hotter/leaner than the others. Take your time and work your way up. If you need help beeing walked through the tunning feel free to give me a call.
Dave
Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem. let m eknow if you have any questions..
Dave