Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW new n2o interface users

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
You Dont Need To Spray N20 To Test The Interface... I Tested My Interface Many Many Times Without Spraying
lol.. yeah i do that if i want my car to stall out.

the interface is pretty simple and effective. takes too much worry out of using nitrous and now i'm tempted to arm it all the time.

damn you, hsw
Old 04-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by algws6
two different sets of dip switches.
Good thinking. So if you happen to have HPTuners or EFILive, you can scan to see what this thing is doing and tweak it in perfect. Pretty cool.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
lol.. yeah i do that if i want my car to stall out.

the interface is pretty simple and effective. takes too much worry out of using nitrous and now i'm tempted to arm it all the time.

damn you, hsw

ACTUALLY I HAVE DONE IT MANY TIMES YOUR CAR WONT STALL AND BEING THE FIRST 5 OR 6 TIMES I USED THE INTERFACE I FOUND OUT IT WAS NOT PULLING TIMEING AS IT SHOULD IM CERTAINLY GLAD I HADENT SPRAYED MY 150 SHOT WITH A FULL 30 DEG OF TIMEING
Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Btw

A Note For Hsw...

Dont Know If It Was This Thread Or Another But They Mentioned That It Was Too Expensive For Them To Make A Plug To Allow For The Iat To Me Plug And Play...

After Looking I Found Casper Electronics Sells A Kit For 5 Wire Maf's To Be Used With The Stock Iat Plug For $30 Im Sure You Could Bet With Them To Source These Plugs For Under A Dollar Hell At Worst Case One Could Buy The Setup For A 5 Wre Maf And Then Just Buy This Adapter From Casper ...

Had I Know This Form The Start I Would Have Just Gone This Route (and Still May)
Old 04-24-2008, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Im running a speed density tune, was wondering How this unit would operate with my vehicle, I dont mind changing jets to alter the A/F. Im really wanting it for the Timing retard only on arming
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

For A Wet Kit Id Just Get A Timeing Twister
Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
ACTUALLY I HAVE DONE IT MANY TIMES YOUR CAR WONT STALL AND BEING THE FIRST 5 OR 6 TIMES I USED THE INTERFACE I FOUND OUT IT WAS NOT PULLING TIMEING AS IT SHOULD IM CERTAINLY GLAD I HADENT SPRAYED MY 150 SHOT WITH A FULL 30 DEG OF TIMEING
i just read the directions and it worked just fine. logged everything on hptuners and the interface worked exactly as intended. what did you do wrong?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
Im running a speed density tune, was wondering How this unit would operate with my vehicle, I dont mind changing jets to alter the A/F. Im really wanting it for the Timing retard only on arming
Would work great, and the additional benefit is tuning the a/f without changing the jets, great for fine tuning per changes that happen on every outing to the drags (IE: Barometric pressure, air temp, etc.). Did you see the thread for the how to on advanced timing pull for those that have the ability, a wonderful ability. Also, the advanced method you can have numerous timing pull set-ups per hit size of for what ever reason, just change the dip switches, nothing out there is easier.
Robert
Old 04-25-2008, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

How can it adjust without the Mass Air though? Im pretty lazy probably just leave the 1xxhp jets in. wouldnt be changing it up much
Old 04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
How can it adjust without the Mass Air though? Im pretty lazy probably just leave the 1xxhp jets in. wouldnt be changing it up much
The controller just takes the MAF/PCM over, in other simple words, it is electronically telling the PCM to up the injector duty cycle. So you get n/a IDC, and an added IDC for the nitrous per what ever hit size you choose just by flipping some dip switches to set a/f ratio. It only becomes active when spraying so you can still have whatever n/a tune you like, two tunes in one. It's currently the easiest way to dial in a dry hit. Throwing the Dry plate behind the MAF (tossing the nozzles) and using the Interface to control things is the bomb, IMO. Better yet, I believe is the Direct Port Dry as the best route for dry users if it is compatible with a users plans.
Robert
Old 04-27-2008, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

ahh...better understanding, when i order, ill just bother HSW, lol
Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Robert56
The controller just takes the MAF/PCM over, in other simple words, it is electronically telling the PCM to up the injector duty cycle. So you get n/a IDC, and an added IDC for the nitrous per what ever hit size you choose just by flipping some dip switches to set a/f ratio. It only becomes active when spraying so you can still have whatever n/a tune you like, two tunes in one. It's currently the easiest way to dial in a dry hit. Throwing the Dry plate behind the MAF (tossing the nozzles) and using the Interface to control things is the bomb, IMO. Better yet, I believe is the Direct Port Dry as the best route for dry users if it is compatible with a users plans.
Robert
So if I understand you correctly, even with a SD tuned setup the interface will still pull timmng and and Add fuel based on the Dip Switch settings and my IAT table in HPT? This makes my plans to ditch the MAF all together and use an Accufab TB on run totaly SD feasible. I am dead set on a DP Dry setup.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
So if I understand you correctly, even with a SD tuned setup the interface will still pull timmng and and Add fuel based on the Dip Switch settings and my IAT table in HPT? This makes my plans to ditch the MAF all together and use an Accufab TB on run totaly SD feasible. I am dead set on a DP Dry setup.
Yes i believe so, and IIRC, someone is doing just that. It's hard to keep track of all that's currently being done, but I do think someone posted that they are doing a SD and the Interface. I'll see if I can find that post.
Robert