Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Extend the Capacity of Injectors for Dry Hits

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008 | 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default How to Extend the Capacity of Injectors for Dry Hits

Often the biggest complaint and reason a person does not want to run a dry hit is the fact at a certain point the injectors need up-sizing. So here's an easy way to extend the life of your current injectors. Most will already have an updated/upgraded fuel pump anyway, and adding a regulator is a no brain'er for running nitrous anyway, whether it be wet or dry and/or big small hits.

If you have a fuel regulator just up the pressure a bit. This will be a linear gain in you injector output. Meaning, just like running the Ford SVO 42lb'ers, which were rated @ 45psi, at our pressure of 58psi, allows them to increase in size from 42lb to about 48lb'ers. The FI guys have been doing this for years. You can see how to do this in my personal tuning web site on "Injector scaling", just punch in your new PSI to use and bingo, you'll have new numbers to input into your look up tables, really a very easy concept. Now you have 55lb injectors, or what ever it comes out to be. Of course a good fuel system will be needed. Let me know if I can help further.

Robert
Old 05-11-2008 | 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

I used this on your website when i put my fast 36# in.The are rated at 45# and i put the info in for 58# and it gave me all the correct info. I have a question, can you help me with my current problem with my dry nozzle placement.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/918746-need-help-dry-nozzle-placement.html