Sponsored by:

LSX 440 Cubic inch

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mother of Blessed Acceleration?

Robin -

It sounds as if you car, in the words of Jake and Elwood: "Is on a mission from God" with all those sevens!

Originally Posted by Robin L
Here is a link to the video on our loss this weekend in Joliet.

7.77 at 177

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...UTE_173205.htm

Robin
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
(tuff = Michael by the way)

Congrats on the new best, heard about it though I wasn't able to stick around. That's definitely the nitrous record for an LSx, the next fastest would be the two cars that ran 8.2's.
it is lsx based, but its hard to compair that car with a stock suspention f-body on a drag radial. props for sure its movin out, but hard to compair the 2
Old 07-23-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

great progress. hope to see some results with an actual GMPP 6 bolt head available for the public.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Noyzee
it is lsx based, but its hard to compair that car with a stock suspention f-body on a drag radial. props for sure its movin out, but hard to compair the 2
LOL, no you cannot compare the aero F Body to the Box shaped Nova. Look at the wiindsheild angle! Really if we start to say that we will only look at F Bodies on Drag Radial , Stock Suspension and Black cup holders then we are in serious trouble.

To be sure the chassis has several advantages over a rules limited Drag Radial Stock Suspension car ...F Body or Nova.

Our current 60' is worse than many current drag radial cars. So yes we will improve there.

Our Liberty transmission is much better than any automatic. We can kep our RPM band to a higher average than any automatic, we have 5 gears!

We currently have a big tire on the car, we are not faced with the need to kill power to get the car down the track.

Did I say the car is as areo as a brick?

It isn't possible to compare restricted heads up race cars against one another. I suggest that you compare the power they make given the rules they race under.

It's an LSX, that is the bottom line.

BTW, we are restricted to a .046 jet in NPS. We still have some more jet to go before we get to that limit

Robin
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn all these restrictions..... pill that bitch up and let it eat. great pass BTW.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

God looking car and nice pass
Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats Robin,

good job on making that 7 second pass.
you should put that engine in your old Mustang..

Tell Doc that Damon from WFC/NMRA/NMCA says hello
Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats the old horsepower tv car right?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by daniel6718
thats the old horsepower tv car right?
Yes it is

Robin
Old 07-25-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again the car is a Nostalgia Pro Street car.
It was at the LSX Shootout last year but we didn't spray it. We were just shaking it out.
It will be at the LSX Shootout trying to give the big blocks a run for the money in NPS.
The turbo cars remain very tough. They will be going .40s or faster by October. This engine in a legal chassis and a legal transmission as well as 2 more kits would be behind the turbo cars.........
BTW, our 60' needs work, we are leaving 2 tenths in the 60'

Robin
Very good pass Robin. I watched the video several times and there is a bog at the hit from one of the two cars. Did you notice it or anyone on the starting line? The Nova brick comment is good and correct. How does your car compare to others in the eight mile? The aero drag shows up all the way down the track but really comes into play in the back half. Are you able to tighten up the front end somewhat to place the nose against the track on the top end? It appears to carry the tire quite a bit as it moves down the track.

LSX
Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by OneQuickCoupe
Very good pass Robin. I watched the video several times and there is a bog at the hit from one of the two cars. Did you notice it or anyone on the starting line? The Nova brick comment is good and correct. How does your car compare to others in the eight mile? The aero drag shows up all the way down the track but really comes into play in the back half. Are you able to tighten up the front end somewhat to place the nose against the track on the top end? It appears to carry the tire quite a bit as it moves down the track.

LSX
As I said before our 60' is waaaay off. the bog that you heard is mine We need to take a bit more clutch out at the launch. The car picks up the front wheels on the 1-2 gear shift. You can see in the vid that I correct a little bit from the car going a little left.

The car is very stable at 179 but there is way too much air getting under the hood. We have to run stock open grilles per the rules. We are installing a spoiler/valance under the front bumper to reduce the amount of air that goes under the car. To get the car lower would require a lot of work. We run a stock stub and a rectangular frame rails in the rear.

Once we get the clutch close it shouldn't pick up the wheels on the shift.

The car is currently at Kirkman Composites getting some weight reduction. It's on their flat plate getting the suspension laser checked for alignment. We want to be sure that the housing is sqaure in the chassis.

Good read on the video!

Robin
Old 07-26-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

One kit, NOS Fogger

NOS Launcher Controller set at 100% from the hit.

The heads are modified GMPP C5R with the new LSX port design and 6 bolts. The port design is the "small" version. We are hoping to see the larger version when they are released.

Robin
Love the video of the car, great job, keep it up

Just wondering why you guys chose the NOS brand fogger over NX, Speedtech, wilsons, etc. ? Sponsorship or what? I just heard their stuff doesn't flow/make as much power as other brands. Not sure if that is true or not, but i was just curious.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
Love the video of the car, great job, keep it up

Just wondering why you guys chose the NOS brand fogger over NX, Speedtech, wilsons, etc. ? Sponsorship or what? I just heard their stuff doesn't flow/make as much power as other brands. Not sure if that is true or not, but i was just curious.
First off NOS is involved in my program.

Holley/NOS has a very good working relationship with GM Performance Parts.
I have heard or hear some of the same things that you have. As companys evolve there can be ups and downs. Some of the other companies have established themselves as players in the Nitrous market. The company NOS as you know has ben around for a long time. The leader in most industry tends to become the target of others wanting to increase their market share.

After working with the guys at NOS for a couple of years I am convinced they are as competitive as some of the other companies that you mention. There are many ways to make power with Nitrous. There are a lot of different tuning ideas. We have seen serious power from the NOS Fogger that we are using. Distribution is good and we are not hurting parts.

We work with Monte Smith as our Nitrous Tuner. Monte has been around for a long time and really knows his stuff.

I am VERY pleased with the results of my NOS system.

Robin
Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Hey robin nice meeting you guys and congrats on your new best.

Mike
Old 07-26-2008, 07:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by tuff
Hey robin nice meeting you guys and congrats on your new best.

Mike
Hey Mike, it was nice to meet you guys also. I like that engine that you have. Get that sorted for the NA LSX Class!
That manifold is nice!
Thanks for the props.

Robin
Old 07-26-2008, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

How do you like that NOS launch controller?

Congrats on the numbers man, That's haulin ***!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

What does the car run on motor only?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by raymond mckinney
What does the car run on motor only?

While testing at Reynolds Georgia earlier this year we ran a 8.58 at 152. That was with a 1.31 60' and a bog out of the hole. We later found the reason the nitrous would not actvate. While on the dyno the guys changed the throttle linkage. When it was installed in the car and the hood scoop installed it would hit the side of the scoop and prevented us from hitting WOT and activating the Nitrous. We had not intended to run on motor but after it launched I ran it out. The DA that day was below sea level and the tune was lean.

Robin

Quick Reply: LSX 440 Cubic inch