Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Nitrous Outlet "Hidden" lid spray halo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pics of Nitrous Outlet "Hidden" lid spray halo?

Anyone have pics of one installed?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

No one?

I got my in the mail yesterday and im just curious where other people are putting the inlet and lines n such. Im debating on if i want to try to totally hide it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would they...there hidden.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
How would they...there hidden.
Its only hidden once the lid and such is in place
Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

just take ur time doin it and map it all out urself to figure out a way to hide it
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the little piece on the right holds it in place.

i had a problem with really soft hits so i drilled out the holes bigger and it seemed to help a little, but i could never get the spray to register right and nitrous would still be coming out of the tiny holes a second or two after deactivation. i tried working with it for a while, but wanted to try something else. nitrous outlet has top notch customer service and great products. i use their solenoid and if i had to use a bottle heater, i wouldn't use anything but their 860 bottle heater/bracket - i'm sure if i raised it to their attention, it would have been resolved in a heartbeat.

now i use a 70 degree nozzle coming up under the bellow and have the harris speed works interface taking over for timing/fuel.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

Not to hi-jack the thread, but are you using the Interface to control all fueling or to "pick up the slack" on the nozzle pre-maf? Just curious is all. Thanks.

Nick

Originally Posted by BobDoLe

the little piece on the right holds it in place.

i had a problem with really soft hits so i drilled out the holes bigger and it seemed to help a little, but i could never get the spray to register right and nitrous would still be coming out of the tiny holes a second or two after deactivation. i tried working with it for a while, but wanted to try something else. nitrous outlet has top notch customer service and great products. i use their solenoid and if i had to use a bottle heater, i wouldn't use anything but their 860 bottle heater/bracket - i'm sure if i raised it to their attention, it would have been resolved in a heartbeat.

now i use a 70 degree nozzle coming up under the bellow and have the harris speed works interface taking over for timing/fuel.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Not to hi-jack the thread, but are you using the Interface to control all fueling or to "pick up the slack" on the nozzle pre-maf? Just curious is all. Thanks.

Nick
Nick,

I ordered my solenoids and such from you guys, and ordered this halo from Nitrous Outlet.

Right now i currently dont own the interface. I was told that the halo is normally pretty spot on. I was told that for saftey reasons to check it on a wideband, but that normally up to about a 125 shot, little to no tuning is required. The main reason i ordered the halo instead of going with a traditional dry nozzle, is because i was told you dont have to play the "nozzle location" game. Its starting to look like that may not be the case.

The post about the guy having trouble with it is making me a bit worried...

My current setup is a pretty much stock 98 Trans am. Lid, catback, gears. I recently installed a walbro 255 in tank pump, and am running stock injectors.

This is my first experience with a dry kit (ran a TNT F2 kit back in the day, and currently have the HSW 90mm wet plate on my 418)

I own EFI live and an LC1, but dont know how to use them I have a friend that is gona get me started though.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm sure my experience was unique. it would be great if other people could post up their experiences with the halo bar.

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW

Nick
i've got the nozzle between the maf and the throttle body, so the maf isn't seeing any nitrous. interface controls all. one of the pictures shows a hole in the radiator support for a different dry nozzle location i was trying out before the interface existed.

Quick Reply: Pics of Nitrous Outlet "Hidden" lid spray halo?