Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Major cost savings!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Here I was thinking the pink one was for Mark. Oh well, I guess if he likes silver....
Old 01-15-2009, 08:34 PM

To answer the questions:

Your right Mark. I forgot my old password and no longer have that email address so it was easier to start over.

Eric, I do not have the same Z06. I sold it and a mint '89 Iroc prior to moving back in '07. Last Feb. I ran across a damn near new '02Z that was a real EB/Mod Red unlike my old one that wasn't. Had all the paper work so I bought it over a new one. I just like that color combo and body style better than the new ones.

As for Katech, while there may be equals out there they are VERY few and far between. I would like to know who this engine builder is and if his would withstand the 24hrs of LeMans or Daytona.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I already said HKE. It isn't magic when you build a good engine although some in this section would have you believe it is.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thats Hot

Only **** paint transmissions Silver LOL!

****?!?! LMAO! Now your redneck is showing.

Let me know where I can find that combination of pink/red that Rembrandt used on that thing of beauty you posted.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 AM
10 Second Club

Gee, that's a NICE color, thanks Ellis.

Oh well, I hear all the fast cars have pink trannys.....is it pink on the inside too?
Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
****?!?! LMAO! Now your redneck is showing.

Let me know where I can find that combination of pink/red that Rembrandt used on that thing of beauty you posted.
Let me know when you build one to take 1,500+ hp

Pink seems to be a hard color to find thiese days and the only one I found would not cover even after 6 coats.. Makes a nice base coat I hear LOL.

BTW I think I will go DRIVE my car
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned

Let me know when you build one to take 1,500+ hp

Pink seems to be a hard color to find thiese days and the only one I found would not cover even after 6 coats.. Makes a nice base coat I hear LOL.

BTW I think I will go DRIVE my car
Right on, for about what 2-3 mintes before your fixing it again?..

Heres and example of my builder in action:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...445-alive.html

We've got a few setups that will hande 1500 hp and even 2500 hp, let me know when your ready to step up Our 434 will take care of you.

Or if you want to ditch the EFI I can hook you with a SBC 434, give you some real manly numbers from a n/a engine and you can ditch all that sissy power add stuff.

When your ready to break single digits let me know, I can set you up. That 445 did it with ease n/a on regular pump gas.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:18 PM

Never heard of HKE and not saying they do not build quality stuff. But there are two totally different methods in building a endurance engine vs a drag strip engine. No magic involved, just knowledge. I am glad you are satisfied with them but I am after something different since I am not a drag racer.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Gee, that's a NICE color, thanks Ellis.

Oh well, I hear all the fast cars have pink trannys.....is it pink on the inside too?

Mine was painted an experimental yellow with black stripes and yes, it's pink on the inside... or is it Royal Purple??
Old 01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

LOL, yea they are two very different engines and Erik (HKE) is well aware of how to build either one. Offshore racing engines as well....LOL

He's the man behind the scenes so to speak. You would be surprised at who's engines make to his shop to be fixed. He doesnt advertise, doesnt need to. But he is well known in certain circles and World and TFS saw fit to take his advice and fix some less desirable features. Wiseco as well. The fact you havent heard of him really means nothing. Do you know all the builders working for NASCAR teams? How about Rousche? or RM? Do you know the guys at Katech or LPE?

This for the most part is a drag racing site and most people dont have they money to build a true endurance engine. Lots of people dream of 8500-10,000 rpms for hours on end but few can afford it. Take for example these LS2 heads I had that required a $1650 rocker system. Top end alone was $5580. Most guys on here pay $2000 less than that for a short block and would never dream of droping that on the top end. Took over a year to sell that combo. I've got a $30,000 combo going out as well as a $4474 setup in the same week so yes we deal with all racing needs.

You want an endurance engine we can do that just as well as any drag engine we build.

Like I said Katech is fine, I looked at them as well and you will have great success with them I'm sure. BUT thats not to say they are the only builder on the planet capable of building different style engines with great success.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

No doubt that a distance race can take a little different approach. Some places can do either. But a dedicated drag race motor usually won't last thru an endurance race, nor will an endurance motor make quite the ponies a drag race motor will. Not to mention power curve differences.

And then some of us weirdos have motors built to do both knowing the trade-offs of not doing either one best.

So Eric, you replaced the Z06 with another one? Cool. We definitely need to make a Hooters run when I get back.....
Old 01-16-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves
Never heard of HKE and not saying they do not build quality stuff. But there are two totally different methods in building a endurance engine vs a drag strip engine. No magic involved, just knowledge. I am glad you are satisfied with them but I am after something different since I am not a drag racer.
You like the closed track - the look on your face in the old Vette in commuter traffic was priceless
Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

LOL only thing I broke all year was Torque converters I DID fight two Broken electronic's parts but got that squared away and a new N2O converter is on the way

Eric You are on the right track. If you would like a HKE engine I would call HKE so you can real answers

Until then I will keep driving my car Some thing I have done many times this year on many occasions

Blanco when you get YOUR car running let me know You got an ETA? 2020?

Sorry for the Off topic all I was just trying to break up the usual Tieraid I keep hearing about.

IMHO opinion any of the names listed(the builders) are good stuff.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

Eric You are on the right track. If you would like a HKE engine I would call HKE so you can real answers
LOL, Again Ellis you only think you know whats best. Falls in the category of can't teach an old dog or is it some people never learn?. If it was as easy as calling HKE, there wouldn't be a need for me to sell his engines. But since there is I'm doing just fine. And guess what I talk to them all..LOL

And I do put them ahead of my own and since I have had a steady line of customers and now have a 434 (1500hp) and a 427 and a 408 going right now and about to pick up a couple more including a SBC 434 and possibly a BBC 490 yes it could be 2020 before I get my own stuff done but I'll take it. I could drop a 408 into it any day of the week but that's why I bought the 79z28... to have somethng fun to drive while I wait. But you know.... I'm about to add my lineup of BBC and SBC engines as well. Utilizing Dart SHP and Dart Big M series blocks.
Let me know when you want to be fast without hassling with all that nitrous I'm going sbc 434 in the z28.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 01-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED

Let's see...................

Ellis and/or Katech vs. a liberal engine salesman. Wonder where I might learn something?

Old 01-17-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

HKE isn't even in the same league as Katech.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:53 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

When your ready to break single digits let me know, I can set you up. That 445 did it with ease n/a on regular pump gas.
O RLY?

Didnt Ellis go like 10.001 w/ his shitbox LT1? Something like a 385ci on a 200hp jet? Thats pretty terrible.

Blanco, how fast have you gone? Ever.

If your going to promote such an incredible engine builder maybe you should represent them in a more professional way eh? Ripping on people who have opinions and experience in this industry is pretty lame. You should think about how you look when you post and maybe keep your derogatory remarks off the table and to yourself.

Tony.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 AM
10 Second Club

Oh c'mon Tony, EVERYONE on this forum knows Ellis doens't know ****. Just look at the cars he's worked on....or maybe we should go thru the NW top 25 list & pick out the cars he HASN'T worked on.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Oh c'mon Tony, EVERYONE on this forum knows Ellis doens't know ****. Just look at the cars he's worked on....or maybe we should go thru the NW top 25 list & pick out the cars he HASN'T worked on.
Hell we Fixed Blancos car last year when he forgot Duct tape over his Oil pick-up? BUT I digress he is much more experianced then anyone else here.

BTW Blanco your statement makes my Point. You CAN'T get 434 from a lt1. I see your Experiance is talking again......

I am Tired. Blonco has paid for the right to say any thing he wants and call it law.

Enjoy all....

Quick Reply: Major cost savings!