Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ufc 94!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Mike, you wanna bet on the GSP/Penn fight? If win I get your 10 bolt and if you win my SS hood comes off?

LOL,,, I'm not really a gambling man but I'll trade ya straight across for the hood.

Mike
Old 01-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
LOL,,, I'm not really a gambling man but I'll trade ya straight across for the hood.

Mike
Well that makes two of us..never gambled away a dollar in my life...so I guess we can stick to the original deal
Old 01-28-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone on here a fighter??

I saw the affliction card, i was worried about fedor...until he landed that punch...

I want penn to win, but think gsp will take it...but if he does you know what that means?? gsp vs Silva for the 185 title!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how about barnett vs fedor? i cant believe those guys were in pride together so long and never faught, that will be a good one...

was anyone as annoyed with tito miss pronouncing the names of the fighters as i was??
Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bj vs. gsp the most interesting aspect of this fight is gsp's strength training that he vamped up after whats his face humiliated him (i know his name by the way). if you remember first the koschek fight where he manhandled josh, and then what he did to serra finally. neither one of those guys are weak. im not saying that bj is weak but he better be ready for gsp to be a lot stronger than he was in their first fight which i thought bj won but they gave it to george and im a gsp fan. im not even mentioning matt hughes' verbal tap (that looked more like rape than cagefighting). i think thats the only time i ever saw a verbal like that. fitch beasted through but he's pretty strong. bj's recent opponents the steroid shark, stevenson, pulver. think about how gsp would walk through any one of those guys. makes for an interesting fight. bj does also have those sick ground skills but ive not seen gsp submitted since matt hughes did it. ill have to say gsp by tko late in rd 1. oh and im a new guy still learning how to use the site. my $.02
Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by firechicken76
how about barnett vs fedor? i cant believe those guys were in pride together so long and never faught, that will be a good one...

was anyone as annoyed with tito miss pronouncing the names of the fighters as i was??
Titto is a idiot that's why...can't stand that guy. I would love to get in the cage with that guy
Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Watching GSP's last couple of fights he looks to strong for Penn, I think if Penn doesn't catch him in a quick submission like Hughes did in the first fight it's going to look like the Sierra fight.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike13
Watching GSP's last couple of fights he looks to strong for Penn, I think if Penn doesn't catch him in a quick submission like Hughes did in the first fight it's going to look like the Sierra fight.
penn says he has really stepped up his trainin since getting the belt, i hope its a good fight.

id like to see him take 2 titles.

how about thiago silva and lyoto machida (excuse spelling)
both undefeated and ranked in the top 10, winner could get a title shot!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mike13
I think if anything BJ will KO him. George doesn't handle punches too well...we've seen this in his first fight w/ BJ and Matt S.

penn says he has really stepped up his trainin since getting the belt, i hope its a good fight.

id like to see him take 2 titles.

how about thiago silva and lyoto machida (excuse spelling)
both undefeated and ranked in the top 10, winner could get a title shot!
Their first fight BJ was only training for 30 min to an hour a day. He's now been training for over 5 hours a day. I think this fight will be a lot different then their last. I really think BJ is gonna pull this one off. Thiago is a bad ***..hopefully he doesn't fold like Huston Alexander did.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think if anything BJ will KO him. George doesn't handle punches too well...we've seen this in his first fight w/ BJ and Matt S.

Their first fight BJ was only training for 30 min to an hour a day. He's now been training for over 5 hours a day. I think this fight will be a lot different then their last. I really think BJ is gonna pull this one off. Thiago is a bad ***..hopefully he doesn't fold like Huston Alexander did.
you realize that pierre probably out weighs penn by well over 20lbs, pierre probably cuts about 20lbs to make weight, i dont think penn cuts to much to make 155, i think thats more around his natural weight, i think pierres strength will be to much for penn.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned

Penn all the way..that is unless George agrees to say "Fairly Squarely" again if he wins We will see here in a few days

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 01-28-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Launching!

You know BJ wants his revenge, BJ vs GSP #1 was pretty dam good. Hah I don't really care, just looking forward to some big ******* hits and tap outs!!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am going tohave to go with GSP on this one over Penn i think GSP has developed more as a fighter over the past few years.

Then i would like to see GSP vs. Alves and Bj (155lb) vs. Florian, and that is what i think it going to end up happening.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 180ls1
I am going tohave to go with GSP on this one over Penn i think GSP has developed more as a fighter over the past few years.

Then i would like to see GSP vs. Alves and Bj (155lb) vs. Florian, and that is what i think it going to end up happening.
alves is looking really good, cant wait to see that fight, he humiliated hughs in their fight, he's a very big 170, cant wait to see how pierre handles him.

anyone on here fight?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:09 AM

alvez vs gsp and bj vs florian in my opinion is what should be happening anyway. bj aint even fought at 170 yet. alvez definately deserves the shot more than bj at this point. ken flo was promised a shot if he beat stevenson, which he did. dana's a friggin tool, whatever sells more ppv.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Penn is a great fighter but GSP is big and fast, I think it's GSP's to loose, Penn is smart, GSP doesn't think sometimes that could be the difference. I'd be totally surprised if Penn dominates and wears GSP down.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

alves is looking really good, cant wait to see that fight, he humiliated hughs in their fight, he's a very big 170, cant wait to see how pierre handles him.

anyone on here fight?
Originally Posted by garagerat
alvez vs gsp and bj vs florian in my opinion is what should be happening anyway. bj aint even fought at 170 yet. alvez definately deserves the shot more than bj at this point. ken flo was promised a shot if he beat stevenson, which he did. dana's a friggin tool, whatever sells more ppv.
I thin the reason we have not seen Alves vs. GSP and Penn vs. Florian is because each of those fighters stand a real good chance at beating the champion. Which means Dana cant promote this superfight and make his money if one of his champs lost. So he is not stupid but greedy.

And the most i have done is limited training but nothing serious.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Banned

anyone on here fight?
I've fought several times in my backyard with Kimbo
Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've fought several times in my backyard with Kimbo
LOL, my 7 yr old daughter just kicked his *** last night in a cage match
Old 01-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
LOL, my 7 yr old daughter just kicked his *** last night in a cage match
So you mean she kicked him in the *** then turned and ran like hell?