Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Blood Enterprises for a dyno tune.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
ccj
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blood Enterprises for a dyno tune.

I have a 2002 Z06 with a internally stock LS6. I had TC Motorsports install a set of LG pro longtubes with high flow cats, halltech intake. The car already had a B&B PRT catback. The car is throwing a cel code resulting in a check engine light and a failure to inspect at the emissions station.

I'd like to get the cel code tuned out and in addition have the car tuned to recognize potential power gains from the header install.

Car is HPDE, track ***** car 1st. A weekend (typically nice weather) driver 2nd. So I am obviously most concerned about longterm heat buildup when looking for a safe tune.

I made an appointment with Blood who did some work for my dad years ago, but some friends suggested I ask around a bit.

Anyone had similar tuning work done at Blood?
Anyone had good or bad experience there?
If your exp. was bad, please PM. I don't want to tarnish any names.

oh and this a cross post on corvette forum, so if you're there then ignore this post.

TIA

Last edited by GEARHED; 03-04-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Double sig.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
ccj
Teching In

I have an appnt. next week @ Bloods.

Anyone have any comments either way?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Launching!

There's a few options around for local tuners. I will say that TTi in Tacoma tuned my car and they have one of the best tuners available anywhere, I will highly recommend.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

There have been a few issues on the dyno at Bloods in recent years. If it were me I would call George & Nick at Turbo Tech.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
There have been a few issues on the dyno at Bloods in recent years. If it were me I would call George & Nick at Turbo Tech.
Turbo Tech has a great reputation. I wouldn't hesitate to take my car there.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
ccj
Teching In

Can anyone elaborate (via PM or whatever) what kind of issues people have had with Blood? They tuned my dad's 97 Blown Cobra successfully years ago after another shop had issues (no-one listed so far).

I am curious I guess if anyone with a basically stock LS6 or LS1/2 for that matter has had issues, or has it been a complicated turbo or S/C application?

I appreciate all the input so far, Lakewood's pretty far from me. I work in Redmond and live in Sammamish.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Launching!

No issues with Blood, just not familiar with them. Certainly lots of experience with TurboTech on this forum, they even post here on occasion. Worth going out of your way! Beware you may end up wanting to stick some turbos on while you're there.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

They have a reputation of being very expensive for tuning and customers not being happy with the tune. One option is contacting Vince at Trifecta Performance (sponsor) he works with alot of different shops. In a nutshell Vince is the GM tuner for a handful of shops locally who have dynos. The shop does the mechanical and Vince will come in and tune the car. In my case I just showed up at the dyno and Vince tuned it, after he tuned it I wanted a few changes, I would email him and he would let me know where he was going to be on a certain day make the changes in a couple minutes and I'd be on my way.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not their fault that my engine went on their dyno, but I dropped the car off on the 9th of Dec & they called me on the 28th (my birthday) saying that my engine went & it was going to cost me 2k to get it out of the shop, They supposely replaced the thermo housing (because it was leaking) (it was the same one I had one the engine when I took it up there), they welded a hole that was supposely in my headers, & they did a couple other things with out my know how. I had to call them for updates on the car.

of course they offered to finish up the work on the car for the going rate, after I got my engine put back together. It was only suppose to cost us about 1k.

The car was to be dyno tuned & a new chip burn to the engine spects. (L98 engine with a holley stealth ram)

Quick Reply: Blood Enterprises for a dyno tune.