Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wrecked the Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen to Eric Howard....

But if the unibody isn't tweaked, I'd say fix it. That car is too rare to crush....
Old 03-13-2009, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
man, i've seen so many wrecked cars on this forum in like a two month span. absolutely terrible. makes me kinda happy to have mine garaged right now...
Yeah no kidding....

I think my insurance company is going to try and rape me.. We will see though.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

She's a Canadian, she's a DHL employee who was in an Enterprise rental car. Her company seems to think that Enterprise is responsible, Enterprise thinks DHL is responsible, I say she is responsible, but I need a car so I have to have my insurance fix it then get reimbursed once the smoke clears.

If there is frame damage then I will let them total it, but I can't afford a new car. That one is paid for.

In 5 years I have only seen one other '99 black WS6 convertible. This one just rolled over to 78k miles. I would not be able to even touch another one for less than 13k and no insurance company would cut me a check for that. Not to mention the go fast goodies.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by howierd42
She's a Canadian, she's a DHL employee who was in an Enterprise rental car. Her company seems to think that Enterprise is responsible, Enterprise thinks DHL is responsible, I say she is responsible, but I need a car so I have to have my insurance fix it then get reimbursed once the smoke clears.

If there is frame damage then I will let them total it, but I can't afford a new car. That one is paid for.

In 5 years I have only seen one other '99 black WS6 convertible. This one just rolled over to 78k miles. I would not be able to even touch another one for less than 13k and no insurance company would cut me a check for that. Not to mention the go fast goodies.
i rented a car from enterprise a few weeks ago for a weekend. you have the option to buy rental insurence through them, or use your own. problem is, some peoples insurence policies only cover the car, not any car the person drives or rents.

sounds like your insurence is going to end up paying for everythign then will have to go after either enterprise or hers.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Sounds like you had full coverage. Your insurance will cover it, and then go after her insurance for the $$$ if they jerk you off.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazylane
Yeah no kidding....

I think my insurance company is going to try and rape me.. We will see though.
your "accident" was the most troubling, because it was truly a freak ordeal. I hope everyone has some good fortune with insurance and whatever their next car may be.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
your "accident" was the most troubling, because it was truly a freak ordeal. I hope everyone has some good fortune with insurance and whatever their next car may be.
Yeah I know. When it rains it pours..
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 AM

damn dude sucks about the car, but at least your ok. as for it being totalled i dont think it will be. my formula was a lot worse and had some frame damage and it was almost 11k in damages. but hopefully if you car isnt stock you have reciepts or know someone who can let you make some copies or write you new ones. because i sent in 4600 in reciepts on my 99 formula and state farm gave me 16k for it and let me buy the car back for 1200.
Attached Thumbnails Wrecked the Trans Am-wreck1.jpg   Wrecked the Trans Am-wreck3.jpg   Wrecked the Trans Am-wreck5.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by howierd42
Found out this morning that the body shop counts it as a total. I am still waiting to see what my insurance is going to say. Don't even ask about her's.
If they total it for 9k and they let you buy it back, how much would u have to pay for it? If it's not too bad like 4k, then just dump the rest of the 5k they give you and look for other Trans Am parts car. But what sucks is that they will probably give you is the trade in value of the car and I have a 2000 SS and thats like 5k..All in All glad your ok
Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOOSTED00SS
damn dude sucks about the car, but at least your ok. as for it being totalled i dont think it will be. my formula was a lot worse and had some frame damage and it was almost 11k in damages. but hopefully if you car isnt stock you have reciepts or know someone who can let you make some copies or write you new ones. because i sent in 4600 in reciepts on my 99 formula and state farm gave me 16k for it and let me buy the car back for 1200.

You should post up that one photo in a "window motor replacement thread" It's a real life strip away photo.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Make them find at LEAST 5 comparable cars in this region. I'm not talking california. Make them find them in THIS market. Then you should get an average of those 5 cars. If you can prove that yours is more valuable than the 5 they found then they'll pay you that too.

Ever get one of those calls after purchasing a car from a dealer? Asking you how much you paid? I always lie and add $$$ to the number. They're putting together data for ins. co's.

Years ago my 95 Firehawk got totaled. It was a 1995 Formula Firehawk. Insurance company found 5 comparable FORMULA's and came back and offered me some retarded amount of like 6k. I told them to find me 5 FIREHAWKS, 1995, 6 speed, with 70k miles and then call me back. A week later they asked me what the car was worth. I told them 13k and they had a check for me the next day.

Oh yeah, the comparables must be within a reasonable amount of time. Say 6 months or so.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

I just went through something similar when my TA was wrecked. They offered 5k, I laughed and sent them 10 cars selling for well over double that and they came back with 10k.

Quick Reply: Wrecked the Trans Am