Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

looking for help in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, no hes trying to get into a car and it needs a rebuild. he wasnt running cold enough plugs in it and the strap burned off and took out a chunk of ring land, chewed up the piston and the head a bit. but it still runs fine and doesnt burn any oil. so im going to slap a stock engine back in it, the cam out of the vette and maybe some boost???? i have to many plans for everything so who knows whats going to happen. i may just throw that tnt kit on it and pill it up til it dies, haha. ill get someone to head over there to get all that crap, i know its in your way, haha. hurry up and get that thing tuned so you can get to the track with it!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XLR8N
haha. hurry up and get that thing tuned so you can get to the track with it!
It's coming along. After tomorrow I may have some different plans though. LSX in an 01 GT??
Old 08-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Default I hope

I was thinking I would be able to run 11's without a hole bunch of work. I have most of the things that I am going to need at this point will put it together in a few weeks and see how things go from there. look forward to seeing you all back in alaska
Old 08-25-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robs99TA
I was thinking I would be able to run 11's without a hole bunch of work. I have most of the things that I am going to need at this point will put it together in a few weeks and see how things go from there. look forward to seeing you all back in alaska
When are you getting back?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

are you headed back there on leave soon rob?

A ford? really? i dont think i would waste my time unless it was a built roller already. by chance its not silver is it? what are you thinking?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

It's the same color as my car. Has been 8.20's in the 1/4 on a 28x10.50. If I can get it, it'll be rolling some 275's
Old 08-25-2009, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Hey as far as your tune goes-texas speed's mail order tune is pretty dead on.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Teching In

Default the plan is

I should be getting back around September 5th or so it all depends on the flights as most of you have experienced before.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

The track should be open 13 Sept. if you want to go out there and get some time slips
Old 08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
It's coming along. After tomorrow I may have some different plans though. LSX in an 01 GT??
I looked at the car when he picked it up. Man they did alot of changes to it. Then the feds did there damage. It's a shame the motor and tranny took an early release. Lol. That was a fast car. If you do decide to get it, I hope you don't pay anymore then he did for it.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Not getting it. I know what everyone paid for it, and there was no way Richard and I would be able to work out an amicable agreement. Basically we would both be getting screwed. Sucks, because I really liked the car. I bet it would fly with my motor and tranny in it.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

I would like to chime in here. I didn't know that there was a few good tuners around here. I haven't even met anyone up here that does any tuning. I'm stuck up in fairbanks but I am in Anch alot. I drive truck around the state.

I have a 370 in my silverado ss and I also, have a sts turbo on it. Anch drag bike also did my long block. Did great work. I have done LOTS of testing and error tuning and it has held together great. kinda pricy though.

I would like to meet up with some of you guys down there at some point. I would love to get some tuning pointers! I am just starting to learn about tuning in hp tuners. Drop me a line some time.
-Justin
Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Not getting it. I know what everyone paid for it, and there was no way Richard and I would be able to work out an amicable agreement. Basically we would both be getting screwed. Sucks, because I really liked the car. I bet it would fly with my motor and tranny in it.
I agree there. He told me yesterday he was wanting $10,000 for it after he took the good parts off. That would have been the car I would have gotten if I had the spare cash. Your Lsx. Yep, solid low 9's, high 8. I'm serious about streeting your car on the back roads out here at my house. It would give us a start on that fuel map.

Originally Posted by AkSSS
I would like to chime in here. I didn't know that there was a few good tuners around here. I haven't even met anyone up here that does any tuning. I'm stuck up in fairbanks but I am in Anch alot. I drive truck around the state.

I have a 370 in my silverado ss and I also, have a sts turbo on it. Anch drag bike also did my long block. Did great work. I have done LOTS of testing and error tuning and it has held together great. kinda pricy though.

I would like to meet up with some of you guys down there at some point. I would love to get some tuning pointers! I am just starting to learn about tuning in hp tuners. Drop me a line some time.
-Justin
There is also ak95ta on here that uses hp tuners and knows alot also. He lives about a 1/4 mile away from me out here in eagle river. I'm using efi live. Let me know when your down this way and I'll make some calls to get every one together.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

That's not the price I would have gotten it for. Not even close. Still wasn't really a good deal for me, even at my "discount". I hope he makes some cash off the deal though. He's an awesome guy.

I'm working on getting a baseline today if you want to come by. I started it yesterday, and it ran like ****. Damn ignition configuration was for a phuckin Ford LOL Whole garage smelled like unburned MS 109
Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

-Justin

We're all gonna be at the track over Labor Day!!! You should come down with the other guys. Brad and Nick are coming down from FBX
Old 08-30-2009, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

We're all gonna be at the track over Labor Day!!! You should come down with the other guys. Brad and Nick are coming down from FBX
I actually will be down on thursday night. But I am drivin my wifes tbss. My truck still has some mods that I need to get figured out before I race it(or make a long trip with it). In the middle of planning a air to water i/c and a new air filter setup. I am scared to death to drive my truck in the rain with the filter under the truck like it is.

I will try to roll down to the track on saturday. Unless you guys will be there on friday. Let me know. I would like to meet some of you guys and check out some more ls based setups. Sorry to hijack your thread here. I have been just reading everything on here for info. Never really posted on here. I did get a few pictures up of my truck for you guys to check out. Thanks for the invite.
-Justin

edit-how come Alaska is not listed as a state in the northwest section? HUH!?

Last edited by AkSSS; 08-30-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

I actually will be down on thursday night. But I am drivin my wifes tbss. My truck still has some mods that I need to get figured out before I race it(or make a long trip with it). In the middle of planning a air to water i/c and a new air filter setup. I am scared to death to drive my truck in the rain with the filter under the truck like it is.

I will try to roll down to the track on saturday. Unless you guys will be there on friday. Let me know. I would like to meet some of you guys and check out some more ls based setups. Sorry to hijack your thread here. I have been just reading everything on here for info. Never really posted on here. I did get a few pictures up of my truck for you guys to check out. Thanks for the invite.
-Justin

edit-how come Alaska is not listed as a state in the northwest section? HUH!?

Most of us should be out there camping on Friday night. Everyone will be there Saturday though. You're more than welcome to come out, shoot the **** and have a few beers.

Jeremy
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
9 Second Club

I'm going to try to stop by Friday night on our way back. I'll definately be there Saturday, sunday and monday. Friday after work is fair night with the GF so, I told her she needed to come and meet some of my friends.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frozen WS6
I'm going to try to stop by Friday night on our way back. I'll definately be there Saturday, sunday and monday. Friday after work is fair night with the GF so, I told her she needed to come and meet some of my friends.
Well. I think I will have some time on friday and saturday. I am taking my wife and niece to the fair saturday. I have stuff going on sunday until around 4 but I will see what I can do. I guess I will just try to find you guys by your cars?
Lol, my wife already saw a look in my eye. I asked her if she wanted to run her tbss. "Over your trucks dead body" she said. So I guess I won't run her tb. Oh well. I will keep up with your guys here. Maybe I will bring my computer with my hpt?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:42 PM
9 Second Club

Nice. You won't miss my car. If the weathers nice I'll bring it out, I have my fingers crossed for sunny weather. It's a red 01 WS6 with flames. The cleanest bird you'll find down here. I have a friend in vegas with a nasty TBSS. Over 650 rwhp. It's one heck of a ride.

Quick Reply: looking for help in Alaska