Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

going to paint my hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
^^^ls1whip, hey thats the first pic ive seen of your car, its nice. have you had any trouble with your halos, i used to have a set and they had problems lol
yeah i love to hate em! but i have been thinking about a fine bead of clear silicone and sealing all 4 and seeing if that helps the issue if not ill throw my old ones in again lol i just need the slp grill and be a copy cat and my exterior will be exactly the way i want it!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

oh trust me lol I will take my time on it and get the lines as close as I can to eachother. and I don't get why some people don't like that style of rim, I love it. Makes the car stand out from everybody eles car. Looks really good IMO.

Originally Posted by ls1whip
i meen honsetlythe hood is different and if you take your time im sure it will look sweet. just go with your gut bro i remember when i posted pics up of my car in the wheels section people where raggin on my car left and right about how they couldnt belive i bought the z06 wheels with the ungodly "rivits" but i love them lol so hey at the end of they day your the one with the keys drivin it so it dont matta as long as your happy.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

What did Tyler do? If I have to pick from one of the two pictures I like the bottom one, however I think if you changed the Black to White and the White to black it would look pretty sick.

Whatever you do put more black on the car to accent the hood and it'll turn out the way you want. I personally love creative and different ideas. So props for that. Pics when you decide
Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i love to hate em! but i have been thinking about a fine bead of clear silicone and sealing all 4 and seeing if that helps the issue if not ill throw my old ones in again lol i just need the slp grill and be a copy cat and my exterior will be exactly the way i want it!
i was gonna do the same thing, but when i took them off the whole inside of the lense was all melted and distorted. go for the slp grill it wouldent be copycating you gotta get a grill and thats the best one.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
i was gonna do the same thing but when i took them off the whole inside of the lense was all melted and distorted. go for the slp grill it wouldent be copycating you gotta get a grill and thats the best one.
yeah my drivers side is the same way! actually it pooped out my outer runner light socket in the front too because it got hot so many times and caused some havoc. as far as the slp grill tyler told me it doesnt come with ss symbols is that true you have to buy them seperate?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah my drivers side is the same way! actually it pooped out my outer runner light socket in the front too because it got hot so many times and caused some havoc. as far as the slp grill tyler told me it doesnt come with ss symbols is that true you have to buy them seperate?
ya i need to find some good clear turn sigs that for sure. mine came with the SS symbol, but it comes in a seperate bag and you have to put it on yourself. i had a hard time getting the emblem even, it took about 4 tries for me to get it right. but i tell you one thing its worth it the car looks so much better now
Old 04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ls1whip, btw go to afterthoughtsauto.com i got mine there and they are on sale.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

i think i like the RKS sport grill has my name on it!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

it looks like Tyler painted his scoop black. Yeah I will def put some pics up when I decide on what I want to do. Thanks for the props.

Originally Posted by Wellz
What did Tyler do? If I have to pick from one of the two pictures I like the bottom one, however I think if you changed the Black to White and the White to black it would look pretty sick.

Whatever you do put more black on the car to accent the hood and it'll turn out the way you want. I personally love creative and different ideas. So props for that. Pics when you decide

Quick Reply: going to paint my hood