Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

How my court went.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
I got a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago. I am going to fight it as well. I may have been speeding but the officer said he clocked me at 76 in a 55 and we all know there is now way my car could go that fast. No J/K I am just hoping he does not show up for court. I am going to try and ask the officer if he has had his radar calibrated and if it is up to date. Also ask him if he is registered to use the radar in the state of oregon. Ill ask him if there were any other cars around that could have caused a misreading. I still have a while until my court date so let's just hope he doesn't show.
also try postponing it a few times, just dont forget to go when the time does come.
one time i got busted whipping donuts in a parking lot in the TBSS. i showed up, no cop, i got off.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

i got a BS ticket for modification to exhaust while i was on leave from iraq cause the cop hear me get on it. my tires did spin but there was no noise made from the tires i was on a crappy road so it didnt really matter. the cop was like 2 roads away and found me while iw as like 2 blocks away. i told him i was leavin the next day to come back to iraq he was like i am sry and gave me the ticket. i hate it when fat cops ticket me and i hate it more when they talk to me with there arms crossed. i couldnt go to court cause i was coming back out here so i had to pay the measly 200 dollar ticket! and in that city they keep a file of the little BS tickets that you get suck as window tint and no blinker and stuff like that and they go up with each one that you do get.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Well I was going in there expecting the worse. So if he said that then I would of ask for proof. I was prepared to block him in any way. Cause for him to say I did doesn't mean I really did unless he has proof. You know what I mean. A cop has to support everything he says and if he doesn't have hard evidence then he's screwed. Unless there is witneses.

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Hey, be glad the officer was honest as he could have easily lied and said "Yes, I heard him chirp the tires" and you would have lost.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Well I was going in there expecting the worse. So if he said that then I would of ask for proof. I was prepared to block him in any way. Cause for him to say I did doesn't mean I really did unless he has proof. You know what I mean. A cop has to support everything he says and if he doesn't have hard evidence then he's screwed. Unless there is witneses.
You're totally correct; I understand how the law works, but you'd be surprised. Just sayin'!