Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Might be moving to Seattle, WA - Questions...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn the emissions are the same? That was one of the main things I was hoping would change
Old 01-29-2011, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

As long as I have my T/A in my possession, it will remain undriven in crap conditions so if and when it comes time to sell, it goes fast and for good money. Kinda like my Z28 went in less then an hour to Vince. He blew his load when he saw the condition, drove home and came back with cash in hand. Now if I had driven that car in rain and snow or on the hyw when the ground is blasted with de-icer, broken up asphalt from dumb *** people that run studs on their tires that then create a ton of rock chips, the car wouldn't have been in the shape it was. My old Honda saw all these conditions and after so many years it looked like crap. Not going to let this happen to the Bird. Plus, I enjoy not driving it all the time. It's like popping the cherry for the first time when you first start her up and take it out for a spin...makes myself appreciate it more for what it is. Plus my car is RARE as ****. Nobody else has one anywhere.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
As long as I have my T/A in my possession, it will remain undriven in crap conditions so if and when it comes time to sell, it goes fast and for good money. Kinda like my Z28 went in less then an hour to Vince. He blew his load when he saw the condition, drove home and came back with cash in hand. Now if I had driven that car in rain and snow or on the hyw when the ground is blasted with de-icer, broken up asphalt from dumb *** people that run studs on their tires that then create a ton of rock chips, the car wouldn't have been in the shape it was. My old Honda saw all these conditions and after so many years it looked like crap. Not going to let this happen to the Bird. Plus, I enjoy not driving it all the time. It's like popping the cherry for the first time when you first start her up and take it out for a spin...makes myself appreciate it more for what it is. Plus my car is RARE as ****. Nobody else has one anywhere.
i agree on a couple things.
1st when i buy a car i try to find the one in the best condition just nice and clean overall.
2nd driving the car only every so often makes it alot more fun to drive when you do get around to drivin it
Old 01-29-2011, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

I was just giving Tim crap anyways. I realise there is a market for salvaged vehicles and they can sell fast. I was more the less refering to his screen name and his comment about our cars being rare. If anyone didn't drive these cars because they thought they were rare I would crack up laughing. Tim, I love you man.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Ooohhhhh great here comes the gaaaayyy talk.....lol
Old 01-29-2011, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

HAAAAA. Oh Billy stop it.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Damn the emissions are the same? That was one of the main things I was hoping would change
BUT... there are certain cities or places you can move to where you dont have to pass emissions. I dont have to do it in mine because it is registered in Granite Falls which is like 40 min north of seattle. But yea like everyone else said you can carry with a permit.

And there are lots of good places to live. you just gotta do a little searching and figure out what kind of scene you want.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys... the wife has a good chance of getting a good job up in Seattle, so looks like I might need to start searching soon.

Couple questions... keep in mind I'm in CA now...

1. What's the Emissions laws like out there? Seattle = Liberal *****
2. Registration costs? Almost 10% sales tax, tabs probably $40-50
3. Gun Laws (Can you carry?) Liberal ***** try to ban everything
4. Good, safe, clean area near or in Seattle for a house? North bend
5. With all the rain I hear they get, is it that depressing? LOL I live on the East side of the State and visist Seattle as little as possible. I used to live there and do not miss it at all. I am a huge dirtbike / snowmobiler / hunter / gun / car guy. The spokane / idaho area is a much better place for outdoor activities. We get plenty of snow during the winter. Spokane is full of drug addicted meth heads, chop shop russians and cops who kill everyone. Idaho is where it's at, Coeur d'alene in particular. When I want to go somewhere nice, I go East.

We like snow and cold weather, much more than HOT weather that we get during the summer here in SoCal. Before here I lived in Phoenix, so I'm over it LOL. I'm sick of the govt. here in CA as well. Can't do anything without it being illegal (i.e. have a car hobby, carry a firearm, cost of living, etc...)
All in bold! Idaho does not have emissions in some counties and the county I have my car registered in WA also does not have emissions. The Spokane emissions are very easy to pass, all they do is plug in a scanner. Hptuners = pass all emissions haha

Last edited by Nitroused383; 01-30-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
i really dont know why people are so **** on driving a camaro or transam in the stupid rain or snow. Guys gotta remeber our cars are not rare and its a f body not a vette or viper. **** even if i had a vette or viper i would drive it rain or shine its a car it can be washed. No place like the northwest for a nice *** summer.
What's the point of having a fast car if you can't drive it to it's full potential. Make a small mistake and it can end up costing you a lot. I can think of better places were the sun actually shines more then half of the "summer".
Old 01-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98goldz28
You will not find more beautiful scenery and twisty roads than the PNW. Most of So Cal = strait = boring. It does rain a lot but thats why are scenery is green and not brown.

Oregon = no emissions at all except in Portland and I think Medford.

Oregon > Washington > So Cal
The scenery can't be beat for sure but the speed limits are a joke, people drive slow as **** and to enjoy the twisty roads you need good dry weather which only happens here about 15% of the year. Straight= high speeds. Ive never seen the full flow of traffic pass 70mph here. Winter beater is way needed here.

Oh, and to the OP..make sure you get a GPS. Streets, freeway off/on ramps, address's, etc. are a ******* joke. Makes you wonder what type of drugs the land developers are on.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*

LOL o i know. Vince likes things to be clean. But hes not very bright he went from your car to a GAY TURBO CIVIC that blows dick.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fspeedster
What's the point of having a fast car if you can't drive it to it's full potential. Make a small mistake and it can end up costing you a lot. I can think of better places were the sun actually shines more then half of the "summer".
I drive my car hard no matter rain or shine and its a good challenge to controll it spinnin in 3rd on wet pavement and i also have 295's on the rear=)
Old 01-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cncmasterofor
That's just nonsense!

BTW... Good looking Jeeps. So when are you going to sell the Z?
LOL man that mullet beater is never going forsale. Im going to be looking at trying to get a wrecked 2011 camaro this fall if the prices drop in the auction. cause right now 2010 ss are going for 9 to 14k wrecked and thats pretty light damage.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Teching In

come on Wes the area is awesome! the people are much cooler here then cali lol... any news?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

you will be good if you don't throw any codes.. you wont get hassled for a loud car either.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
1 Just like calif
2. depends on where you live at depends on the cost. Typically $50-$100 a year
3. Only with a permit
4 DoNT move to seattle Move east, or North or south.
5. It really doesnt rain here all that much, I mean NY gets more rain than we do. from about July to Late sept we seldom see rain.
Check your laws sister girl.....lol Carry Permits are regulated by the county you live in. Some issue permits and do not have open carry. Some do allow open carry. Some do not do either. It is all up to the Sheriff in your County.

Did you really just compare Seattle to New York? lol
Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like I may be moving there also so is the weather as bad as I have heard? Worse then Chicago?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chitown21y
Looks like I may be moving there also so is the weather as bad as I have heard? Worse then Chicago?
i think you'll be fine seeing that your moving from chicago, but you'll be seeing more rain lol, where abouts are you moving exactly? seattle or an area close to seattle
Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Trying to choose between the lynnwood area or the bellevue area. Looking for the best schools for the kids. Heard the traffic is crazy?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stevo161
come on Wes the area is awesome! the people are much cooler here then cali lol... any news?
Nope, no word yet Steve... you'll be the first I let know though!

Quick Reply: Might be moving to Seattle, WA - Questions...?