Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Might be moving to Seattle, WA - Questions...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Might be moving to Seattle, WA - Questions...?

Hey guys... the wife has a good chance of getting a good job up in Seattle, so looks like I might need to start searching soon.

Couple questions... keep in mind I'm in CA now...

1. What's the Emissions laws like out there?
2. Registration costs?
3. Gun Laws (Can you carry?)
4. Good, safe, clean area near or in Seattle for a house?
5. With all the rain I hear they get, is it that depressing? LOL

We like snow and cold weather, much more than HOT weather that we get during the summer here in SoCal. Before here I lived in Phoenix, so I'm over it LOL. I'm sick of the govt. here in CA as well. Can't do anything without it being illegal (i.e. have a car hobby, carry a firearm, cost of living, etc...)
Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am only here for a week on business and the RAIN is awful!! I would hate to have my car here lol. Not to mention at this time of year it looks gloomy and dark all day. Thank god I get to back to Texas now : D. Good luck with the move! Visit the Space needle when you get the chance.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Some of the worst traffic I've ever been in. It's aweful everyday of the week. Plus they get hit hard with rain & snow. Oregon FTW.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Well they say that Seattle is the most depressing place to live in cause it rains so much.. I agree with Turk,, Oregon FTW!!
Old 01-29-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

seriously guys? lol its not just seattle that rains, its the entire pacific northwest. lol
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Launching!

I moved here (bellevue) from So Cal over a year and a half ago. Open carry is great, emissions are pretty much the same. You can actually count the days where you have full sunshine the whole day, complete opposite of So Cal. You will be wearing a sweat shirt from October to April. It's ******* boring. The economy is a bit better and it's a lot more scenic. I can't wait to go back personally. Oh and good luck trying to make your Camaro a DD.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fspeedster
I moved here (bellevue) from So Cal over a year and a half ago. Open carry is great, emissions are pretty much the same. You can actually count the days where you have full sunshine the whole day, complete opposite of So Cal. You will be wearing a sweat shirt from October to April. It's ******* boring. The economy is a bit better and it's a lot more scenic. I can't wait to go back personally. Oh and good luck trying to make your Camaro a DD.
look at it this way, since you cant dd your camaro you can be sure to keep the miles down! lol
Old 01-29-2011, 03:57 AM
Teching In

i really dont know why people are so **** on driving a camaro or transam in the stupid rain or snow. Guys gotta remeber our cars are not rare and its a f body not a vette or viper. **** even if i had a vette or viper i would drive it rain or shine its a car it can be washed. No place like the northwest for a nice *** summer.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
i really dont know why people are so **** on driving a camaro or transam in the stupid rain or snow. Guys gotta remeber our cars are not rare and its a f body not a vette or viper. **** even if i had a vette or viper i would drive it rain or shine its a car it can be washed. No place like the northwest for a nice *** summer.
i agree completly. i have drivin mine in the rain plenty of times, i just like to keep the miles down as much as possible. there is one thing i dont like about driving in the rain day after day. its an interior thing for me, it doesnt take long for the carpets get all nasty, soaked and dirty. im kinda particular about my interior being nice and smelling good.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:18 AM
Teching In

yeah it just depends where you park if its pavement of gravel
Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah it just depends where you park if its pavement of gravel
thats true, gettin ina nd out of the car in a wet gravel driveway will **** your **** up.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

You will not find more beautiful scenery and twisty roads than the PNW. Most of So Cal = strait = boring. It does rain a lot but thats why are scenery is green and not brown.

Oregon = no emissions at all except in Portland and I think Medford.

Oregon > Washington > So Cal
Old 01-29-2011, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

I drive my car in the sun, rain, snow, what ever comes my way.. When we had that snow storm a couple years ago I was side ways going down the road all the time.. Some of the best times is when I drive ib the snow... And even if I had a Lamborghini or viper, I would drive no matter what condition it is out side.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Teching In

<--------- Born and raised in SoCal, San Diego/Los Angeles areas. Moved to Portland 10 years ago.
The scenery, people, and roads are far better than down south. IMO, the roads in Seattle suck hairy, crusty, donkey *****.

At times the rain does get me down a bit. But I just keep busy with something during the off season. I won't lie, it took me a few years to adjust. Every other year I fly back down south to visit family and friends. Between the traffic, smog, people, and the over all overcrowding of the city. It takes two minutes to remember why I moved.

We do get all four seasons here, which is really nice. If you have family, theirs always something outdoors to do. You just might want to grab a jacket.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

When I went to Seattle the thing I remember most are all the steep hills. If you have a clutch it can be a pain in the ***.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
seriously guys? lol its not just seattle that rains, its the entire pacific northwest. lol
Well it's a proven fact that the weather up North (like Seattle) get's more rain and snow then we do in our area.

Who said anything about not wanting to drive their cars in poor weather conditions because they are rare? Maybe some of us choose not to because they are in next to perfect condition, he or she has a WINTER vehicle and we all know a CLEAN CAR (not beaten up by poor weather conditions) caters more to potential buyers and sells faster then a SALVAGED CAR for more money if we ever decide to sell.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

oh ****, got told son
Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Hey guys... the wife has a good chance of getting a good job up in Seattle, so looks like I might need to start searching soon.

Couple questions... keep in mind I'm in CA now...

1. What's the Emissions laws like out there?
2. Registration costs?
3. Gun Laws (Can you carry?)
4. Good, safe, clean area near or in Seattle for a house?
5. With all the rain I hear they get, is it that depressing? LOL

We like snow and cold weather, much more than HOT weather that we get during the summer here in SoCal. Before here I lived in Phoenix, so I'm over it LOL. I'm sick of the govt. here in CA as well. Can't do anything without it being illegal (i.e. have a car hobby, carry a firearm, cost of living, etc...)
1 Just like calif
2. depends on where you live at depends on the cost. Typically $50-$100 a year
3. Only with a permit
4 DoNT move to seattle Move east, or North or south.
5. It really doesnt rain here all that much, I mean NY gets more rain than we do. from about July to Late sept we seldom see rain.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Well it's a proven fact that the weather up North (like Seattle) get's more rain and snow then we do in our area.

Who said anything about not wanting to drive their cars in poor weather conditions because they are rare? Maybe some of us choose not to because they are in next to perfect condition, he or she has a WINTER vehicle and we all know a CLEAN CAR (not beaten up by poor weather conditions) caters more to potential buyers and sells faster then a SALVAGED CAR for more money if we ever decide to sell.

LOL Todd i sell salvage **** faster then clean title. And ive seen show cars that are driven in the rain . I and i also get clean title asking prices out of my jeeps=) Ill give you a example of how my salvage jeeps look.

Now rememebr all these jeeps are SALVAGE. LOl My jeeps look **** when i sell them
Old 01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Teching In

And ive seen show cars that are driven in the rain.

That's just nonsense!

BTW... Good looking Jeeps. So when are you going to sell the Z?

Quick Reply: Might be moving to Seattle, WA - Questions...?