Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

OR: Tuning shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
geez todd dont be so hard on your self! lol, you have a clean car man. i wish mine was still that nice. i also love the 35th LE, they look sick with the right wheels, the stockers are nice to tho. thanks for the input on the springs dude. is the LCA relocation a must or can i wait a little longer to mess with that?
I would at least get the relocate brackets, you really don't need new LCA's the brackets are more important and will make a bigger difference than the LCA's will.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
LOL T my car shines on the highway=) I love roll races=)
thats what i was going for with my setup. now i just need to get it into wongs so he can do the swap.

roll racing= less **** breaking too haha
Old 05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spectre86
thats what i was going for with my setup. now i just need to get it into wongs so he can do the swap.

roll racing= less **** breaking too haha

I know what you mean. my cars not geared for drag racing so thats why i love going from a roll. Ill do dig races but not that many people like doing them. So you have all your parts ready?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know what you mean. my cars not geared for drag racing so thats why i love going from a roll. Ill do dig races but not that many people like doing them. So you have all your parts ready?
i agree, the only time i like goin from a dig is at the track. i prefer a 60 roll, that way when i shift down to second im starting off at the top of my power band.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cant tell if your car is a Z06 or not. factory 3:42 gear?

yeah man, everything is sitting in the garage waiting. been calling tom alot over the last several weeks. hes busy and im waiting for him to get one of the lifts free so I can drive the car up and drop everything off. Hopefully should be in another 2-3 weeks. HOPEFULLY.

Also located a MN12 that Im trying to pick up and send to rpm for a level 5 build. Its crazy how expensive the rear ends are in our cars. I can get a built tranny cheaper then a built rear. I wanted to switch to 3:73s, but if I get the MN12, ill keep the 3:42s and just save up for 300m axles and a carbon clutch pack. Built tranny and shoter gearing > factory tranny and built rear with 3:73s. besides, might as well do the trans if its cheaper and everything is gonna be out anyway.

I only plan to make it to the track ones in this car just to see what I can do. dont care what I run, just want the trap speed around 125-130. I wanna be able to pull 600ccs from a roll, could care less about running 10s.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will be able to pull a 600, I hung dead even with one that had a pipe and I put down less power than you should make and weigh about a quarter ton more than you.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spectre86
Cant tell if your car is a Z06 or not. factory 3:42 gear?

yeah man, everything is sitting in the garage waiting. been calling tom alot over the last several weeks. hes busy and im waiting for him to get one of the lifts free so I can drive the car up and drop everything off. Hopefully should be in another 2-3 weeks. HOPEFULLY.

Also located a MN12 that Im trying to pick up and send to rpm for a level 5 build. Its crazy how expensive the rear ends are in our cars. I can get a built tranny cheaper then a built rear. I wanted to switch to 3:73s, but if I get the MN12, ill keep the 3:42s and just save up for 300m axles and a carbon clutch pack. Built tranny and shoter gearing > factory tranny and built rear with 3:73s. besides, might as well do the trans if its cheaper and everything is gonna be out anyway.

I only plan to make it to the track ones in this car just to see what I can do. dont care what I run, just want the trap speed around 125-130. I wanna be able to pull 600ccs from a roll, could care less about running 10s.

Na its just a 99 FRC. I need to get 4.10's or 3.90's or a MN12 trans. The long gears down low kill me. Tell me about it man F bodys are so much cheaper to build. Gotta love the corvette tax. You should roll over 600 with out a prob. Cause i dont have any issues running them=) arent you doing some big cubic inch motor with nice heads??
Old 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

You should be able to take a 600. Most of them (your average rider) runs low to mid 11's in the 1/4, but that is when they really start pulling. Street bikes have no bottom end and can't get out of the hole very good. They are much better at rolls, but like others said, you shouldn't have a problem. Just watch out for them 1000's. I know you wouldn't be able to take mine. LOL
Old 06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
You will be able to pull a 600, I hung dead even with one that had a pipe and I put down less power than you should make and weigh about a quarter ton more than you.
thats the plan!

Na its just a 99 FRC. I need to get 4.10's or 3.90's or a MN12 trans. The long gears down low kill me. Tell me about it man F bodys are so much cheaper to build. Gotta love the corvette tax. You should roll over 600 with out a prob. Cause i dont have any issues running them=) arent you doing some big cubic inch motor with nice heads??
My 00 FRC is $70 a month full coverage. The 02 Z I almost bought, was $175. Lol it was a no brainer which to buy knowning I was gonna do a swap.
Yeah, Im just waiting for Tom Wong to get some free time. He slammed right now. but the basics are

427 (11.75:1)
LS3 heads CND by SDPC
Lunati Voodoo 243/255 .651/.651 112+2

and everything else in my sig. I have everything, its just waiting to be put in. Should hopefully be able to get him the car by the end of the month if he can make room. Also working on getting an MN12, but im waiting to hear back from RPM. They are out of town right now. Gotta give them a call tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
You should be able to take a 600. Most of them (your average rider) runs low to mid 11's in the 1/4, but that is when they really start pulling. Street bikes have no bottom end and can't get out of the hole very good. They are much better at rolls, but like others said, you shouldn't have a problem. Just watch out for them 1000's. I know you wouldn't be able to take mine. LOL
yeah but even a pro rider on a 600 traps in the mid to high 120s right? dont they do around 125-127 in the quarter? Should be easier to take them from a higher roll I would think? Hell my old turbo cavalier, I was able to pull a 12.5@116 :p

And yeah, I dont plan on trying to beat 1000s. my pockets arent that deep.

Quick Reply: OR: Tuning shop