WA - Seattle area (Puyallup) to Vancouver - Tuner and Dyno? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > REGIONAL FORUMS > Northwest Members
Reload this Page >

WA - Seattle area (Puyallup) to Vancouver - Tuner and Dyno?

Notices
Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

WA - Seattle area (Puyallup) to Vancouver - Tuner and Dyno?

Old 02-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Default WA - Seattle area (Puyallup) to Vancouver - Tuner and Dyno?

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a dyno and possibly a knowledgeable LS tuner west coast Washington. Don't even mind a trip to Portland if that's what it takes.
Car is an LS swapped 1991 RX7. Engine is a 5.3L LH4 that I built, ported and milled 862 heads, TSP 228R cam, 1219 valve springs, LS6 intake, bigger injectors (52 lb injectors I think? I'd have to double check), new bearings, machined crank, new piston rings, melling pump (I think higher pressure... again, need to check). System is running on a Megasquirt 2.
I've used the MS2 Live tune, and AFR seems to be alright throughout ranges. But, I'd like to get someone that knows what they are doing, and a dyno. Even better if I can sit with the tuner and learn a little. But, I'd like to get spark tuned, and smooth up the fueling table.

Anyways.... recommendations for dyno / tuners in the area? I sent TJ Wong an email, a month or two ago, and haven't heard back. I suspect either too busy, or not interested in tuning the setup. I've heard he's pretty popular, so i suspect he's super busy. But, I'd like to work on getting something scheduled for late spring. Car can be driven to dyno. I've driven car to Portland a couple times, up to Bellingham. Seems to drive alright, but probably far from perfect.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:08 AM

Only luck I’ve had contacting Wong is on FB messenger, but even then it takes him sometimes 2wks to respond.
Locally, Eric Armstrong out in Enumclaw knows his way around LS stuff. All he does now is tune and dyno, I believe. Used to have a full auto shop. http://ericsperformanceauto.com/about/
Also turbo technologies in Tacoma has done some LS stuff.
Ellis with Speed Secrets up north by Monroe seems to be legit, but he’s even more elusive than Wong. I have tried contacting him through every avenue many times, and never heard back.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Thanks Holm! I'll take a look.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:37 AM

Let me know what you find, I will be needing a tuna later this month after I finish up my cam swap. I am going to stop in to Eric’s and talk to him in person. See if he’ll street tune mine since he doesn’t have an AWD dyno. I know he used to have a badass forced induction Trailblazer SS.
I also just sent speedfactory an email. They specialize in super fast Honda drag cars, but I’ve heard from a few guys that they do some domestic tuning too.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Teching In

I'm going to try to get in touch with Wong. I'll let you know if I am able to get in touch with him.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: