Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Let this be a lesson

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Stuff like that is where you just don't grab a lot of respect from other drivers - it wasn't just me that saw it, there were plenty of cars around that did. That is the only time I had zero respect for a WSP. At 65mph he could have taken out quite a few cars while the rest of us were PAYING ATTENTION.
</rant>
Not trying to cause a rift or be a jerk or anything.....but do you have ANY idea how many things your average cop has to do while driving? EVERYONE loses focus now & then and not everyone sees everything on the road/all around them at all times........I am sure more then one person that day missed seeing the truck going the wrong way, it happens. You figure while driving, the cop has to A) Drive B) Watch out for traffic violators C) Listen to his police radio D) Watch for other law violations aside from traffic E) Concentrate on not getting killed that day F) Monitor the in-car computer G) Run your plates <maybe> H) Decide what, if anything he is going to do with you (pull you over, not, etc) I) I could go on all day.........

I know you said you don't dislike them or anything, but everybody has an off moment and considering all they are saddled with doing during their shifts, it isn't hard to imagine that he was focused on you at 65+ MPH in the rain & the dark...........stuff happens, no? I mean, he did obviously see it according to your story, just not as fast as everyone else.............at least he didn't hit it/get hit and so that is a good thing.

I guess I am just dismayed that you have zero respect for someone because they had an off moment.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

FYI Gearhead is a cop but thanks for your comment.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by strobelite
FYI Gearhead is a cop but thanks for your comment.
Really? Go figure........it's a small world

Quick Reply: Let this be a lesson