Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Don't use Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
I asked a tech from Meguiar's the difference between the tan packaged product and the maroon packaged product. He stated the difference is the tan packaged product contains no silicone and is safe in a body shop.
The correct answer is 2 bucks a bottle.

That said, Zaino all the way.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

but do you really only have to let the car cure for 30-90? i heard it was three months.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
I don't know. I checked the Zaino web site and they do not address it.

Zaino does not contain silicones, I believe products with silicone are not body shop safe. I asked a tech from Meguiar's the difference between the tan packaged product and the maroon packaged product. He stated the difference is the tan packaged product contains no silicone and is safe in a body shop.

So my answer is I don't know but personally I'd wait the 90 days. Besides if I can wait 90 days anybody can wait 90 days
I was told the same thing about Meguiars Steve. The sticking point is I would want to use the Menzerna polish like we did on my TA. And this is different than waiting for partsMr Goodwin....watching paint cure is boring as Hell!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Well another good question is how does paint cure, I believe I read that it cures from the bottom up but again I don't know. We need to find a body shop guru with a F-body to join the group.

Yeah I would use the Menzerna Final Polish, I did my car Monday and it was such a difference that even my wife could tell.

I wonder if Boyce's lawn chair, leaf blower, Guiness method works for curing paint.?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Any of you guys tried Tropi-Care yet?
I've thought about it. Isn't it the same guy that did the Zaino recipe, but better and easier to apply? I'm sold on Menzerna products now that I have used them.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokko
I've thought about it. Isn't it the same guy that did the Zaino recipe, but better and easier to apply? I'm sold on Menzerna products now that I have used them.
It produces results like Zaino... but it isn't as much work. Made by a guy that used to be a Zaino distributor. I don't think he could legally use the Zaino recipe.