Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Seattle Roadster Show... pretty good!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Seattle Roadster Show... pretty good!

It was a pretty good showing this year. I missed last year because I was playing in the sand so I only have 2003 to compare it to.

I was very impressed with Mike Lavellee's spread. He's the guy who paints the best flames in the country right now. Hyper realistic. He had that same 33 (maybe 34?) Ford coupe showing, a custom chopper, a sweet car called "warrior" and a H2 in his area. He was signing posters and had a girl signing posters too. Just to think... in 2003 he only had that 33 coupe and a few cards out. He owned the show this year. Verne Troyer was in the corner

They had a lot more bikes this year. They had some cool very rideable bikes up in the corner. I like anything that looks like you could ride it without scratching or screwing it up. They had three or four old school bike all in the same little section. Long, low and painted with semigloss paint. I love that.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

What??? No Pics??? Your banned!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think our "car show" in Monroe was better!

Sounds like they had some nice stuff there though Cory...I would love to have that guy paint my car! (maybe someday if I win the lottery )
Old 03-06-2005, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Is that the guy that owns KillerPaint.com?

he does awesome airbrush work... I know this is an import but he did the eclispe in here as well: http://www.sccow.com/acura/ (it's a show car nothing more hehe they don't race it cuz it's not that fast, so considering they say from the start it's show only I dont' consider it rice)
Old 03-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

I will be going after work today prob be there at 5:00, I can't wait!

Originally Posted by CHarris
Verne Troyer was in the corner
Could not of been to much a a distraction, lol.

Did you see the Chris from OverHaulin? Pretty cool guy and his pics were FREE.

Last edited by Todd2001SS; 03-06-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

I took some pics but I don't have any online hosting.

The overhaulin cars were pretty good in person. I couldn't help but to think of how sweet they would have looked with another week of color sanding and finessing. Still for 7 days of work they are excellent. Didn't see Chris there, but I did see the dude from American Graffitti. Didn't want the pics (for pay) of him or Cindy Williams.

I really appreciated the fact that the 50's theme stuff is slowly dying out. Not that I hate the 50's or anything, but come on... every car show is so full up with 50's stale nostalgia that I'm more than a little sick of it. The live band sucked, too. It would be kind of cool if they went for some different music. Seattle has some really good bands. Would it be too much to ask for a sampling of them? Get a bunch of bands and give them 30 minute sets.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

It is going to be interesting in the upcomming years. The show circuit (starting in California going to Seattle) was sold to a much younger person who will be running it. I think the 50's thing will be on the way out, plus this new guy is a motorcycle person. The old/current person running it is much older and likes old cars. At the Portland show the current show owner picked an old 30's roadster for his choice for an award.

How did the Camaro Cruisers Club display look...I need to start to get working here at work and not ask you so many questions, plus I will be at the show tonight.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Just did a quick run to the show and back.

Some very nice cars. The overhaulin cars were good, and to think they do that in one week. That said you can tell that they are taken from show to show unloaded rolled out maybe a quick wipe down, not detailed like an car owner would do. The GMC pick up the wood bed was dirty couple of other things I noticed that an owner would have dialed in before a show like that. That show and one's like Rides is helping to jump start the street rod world from 30's cars Tri-5 Chevy's to customizing the 60 to 70's Muscle cars.

I like and appreciate the older Street rods but I can't relate to them like the 60 to 70's Muscle cars, no one I knew drove a 32 Ford.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Just did a quick run to the show and back.

Some very nice cars. The overhaulin cars were good, and to think they do that in one week. That said you can tell that they are taken from show to show unloaded rolled out maybe a quick wipe down, not detailed like an car owner would do. The GMC pick up the wood bed was dirty couple of other things I noticed that an owner would have dialed in before a show like that. That show and one's like Rides is helping to jump start the street rod world from 30's cars Tri-5 Chevy's to customizing the 60 to 70's Muscle cars.

I like and appreciate the older Street rods but I can't relate to them like the 60 to 70's Muscle cars, no one I knew drove a 32 Ford.
Any 4gen fbodys there?

Your car looked great last night! All of your hard work really showed.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Just got back from the show. Spencer took first in the High School class & Tim took 3rd in his.

It was a nice mix of cars. That GT 40 orginal and 05' together was awesome. My kids sat in the orginal when the club went to the owners collection. The display from the fire painting guy was awesome!

Quick Reply: Seattle Roadster Show... pretty good!