Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mark, Ellis, Sardog I need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear things are going better scott. A one man operation especially when done in your spare time is a difficult thing to do. Especially with the random stuff life throws at us. It happens and I'm sure in the end everyone will be happy. And if they don't understand then that's their own problem.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

That's rough. Gotta put family first. And you must be pretty tough to break off drill bits in your arm....I take back all those things I said about you.

As for the business, when you make a good product like yours, people have a tendancy to beat your door down. But I've seen more than 1 guy get in WAY over his head making stuff for these cars. Funny how expanding a hobby can get out of control.

And I didn't know you were looking for help. We have a local guy that is getting into the powder coating. You may have even given him guidance. Too bad you aren't closer....you 2 might have hooked up.

Take care Scott!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Scott,

My car is a 2000. When we took off the stock T.B. we didn't change anything with the throttle cable. The Red one I have installed and did not require any adjustments to the throttle cable fit fine. Weird.

Glad you posted I had just sent you an e-mail a few minutes ago. Glad to hear you are doing better.

B.T.W. the polishing job you did turned out really good.

Thanks,
Old 03-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Banned

Steve,

I'm not positive but I think you need to use the RIGHT throttle camber for the right year computer. The 98/99 opens up at a quicker rate. If you're computer is a 00 or newer, you need to figure out how to use the one you have. Sounds like you're short on cable length, but the 00 may be the right one.

I also sent you a complete MAF and I think you only sent in the ends. Can you send the element back so I have a good working MAF? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not looking for help anymore, I would rather cut back the pace and enjoy myself again.

Scott
Old 03-15-2005, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

You did send me an element and I will send it back.

Quick Reply: Mark, Ellis, Sardog I need a little help